Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I was hosting a distributor from Seoul, Korea. We were at Long Beach, CA. I asked him how he likes Los Angeles. He said two things he liked most about LA was that the pollution is light and the traffic is light.

• Like 9

Man you don't know traffic issues until you have been to a race at Kentucky Speedway.

First year took us 4hrs to get into place, second year took us 2hrs to get out of place, 3rd year took us 1hr and 1/2 in traffic on highway to get home... So next year 1hr in front of my house?

NIGHTMARE! Especially in a car with no working AC for 1st and 3rd year...

I went this year for the first time since the Sprint Cup was there.

On Saturday, the race was rained out until Sunday, we parked in the front row in Lot 6, got right out and was at my parents house in Fairfield in three hours.

On Sunday, we hit I-71 in three and a half hours hours and got to the 1047 exit, the exit before the Speedway, in 4 hours. In all an 2 hour trip took 6 hours.

I was camping in Millionaire's Row right above the main parking lot. I took great pleasure in being able to sit there Saturday night watching everyone sit in non-moving traffic both in the parking lot and on the highway. All my food and drink and bed were just feet away from me. Great times, indeed.

I was hosting a distributor from Seoul, Korea. We were at Long Beach, CA. I asked him how he likes Los Angeles. He said two things he liked most about LA was that the pollution is light and the traffic is light.

Um...... Has he been to any other American cities? I take it I should never go to Korea, especially considering I never plan on going to LA because of all the pollution and traffic.

Maybe we can see something from B&M that combines elements they haven't tried yet. I've heard some people think it will be like a larger version of Diamondback. I've heard a possible inverted. I've even heard of a possible dive coaster.

I wonder if this would be possible ? ..... A Hyper-sized Inverted Dive Coaster? It would be up B&M's alley and would be a combination they haven't done yet. Or maybe a B&M with 4-dimensional features like X2 in California. B&M has not had any 4 dimensional coasters to my knowledge.

....... But it's probably all wishful thinking.

........but maybe not.

When I left the park last night (12:25AM) it didn't seem to bad.

I finally got to take a look at construction, I think my favorite view was on Drop Tower, although, AE had a great view along with Top Gun (Flight Deck, but to me it will ALWAYS be Top Gun)

I'd have to say that the construction looks a lot bigger in person. I was very shocked at how much room they had to work with!

• Like 6

When I left the park last night (12:25AM) it didn't seem to bad.

I finally got to take a look at construction, I think my favorite view was on Drop Tower, although, AE had a great view along with Top Gun (Flight Deck, but to me it will ALWAYS be Top Gun)

I'd have to say that the construction looks a lot bigger in person. I was very shocked at how much room they had to work with!

What a random thought to post in the middle of a discussion about traffic congestion...lol

• Like 12

Let get out of this pot hole and take a back road around the traffic and munch on a snickers flavored Dip N Dots.

I think the new ride will be a 300(+)ft tall (not any higher than 400ft though), will be the new fastest coaster in the park, 90-95 MPH, over 1 mile long, must be 52 in or taller to ride.

My second guess is that this will be a new dark ride for KI but I find this less likely but want it more personally.

Um...... Has he been to any other American cities? I take it I should never go to Korea, especially considering I never plan on going to LA because of all the pollution and traffic.

No. This was his first trip to the US. I grew up in Seoul and have been there frequently. He is absolutely right.

Another story: my mother went to Seoul after 20 years being in the US. She grew up there. She came back to the US and told me that there were so many cars and so many people in Seoul so that she is happy to be back to quiet place like Baltimore/Washington DC area.

• Like 2

Let's decode this obvious hint.

"75" - the approximate speed of the new coaster.

"Halloween" - it will be Halloween themed.

"Night" - it will make for a great night ride like The Beast.

"September 20" - it will be announced...

• Like 5

Screamscape update:

icon_STOP.gif2014 - Banshee / New Coaster - Rumor - (7/7/13) A reader has sent in a new picture of the

Kings Island 2014 construction site which is growing is scope and appears to have new footers under construction on the right side of the photo area which I believe is just behind the Adventure Express coaster, in about the same location of where the top of Son of Beast’s first lift hill and turn was previous located.

Nothing new really, but whatever...

Oh look, Kings Island changed the cover photo for their Facebook page. It now shows the Monster with The Racer in the background. That means our new coaster is going to be a monster-themed twisting and turning steel racing coaster....AND since they changed their cover photo to show the Monster, that means the announcement will be made on Halloween.

YAY!!!! Yippee!!!! Hoora..... t0135.gif

• Like 1

If they go further than that, they have the chance to make the world's longest Inverted or Floorless in the World. ;)

No, CF would never allow that. Only CP can get record breakers.
Why can't people get out of this mentality? Dick Kinzel is gone.

And rightfully so, I was getting tired of lugging around all those nickels... ;)

• Like 3

OH OH OH LOOK LOOK!!! LOOK!

https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland/posts/10152004369823368

Just 75 more days until Halloween Haunt begins! Opening Night September 20.[/size]

Obviously it's gonna be announced in 75 more days

;)

Oh yeh! I can't wait, but I'll have to. I'm gonna treat this year's trip like going to a Rush concert. If you see me, you may address me as "Countess".

I'm dying to find out what this construction is about.

You haven't seen a bad parking lot till you've seen Riverbend. At the Rush concert Tuesday night, it took me and my dad twenty minutes just to exit the lot...and we were around the fifth row, I think...

We packed a picnic and noshed until the cars all left. Well, really until some drunken guy approached us, dramatically ripped of his shirt (only to reveal a flabby midsection), and kept insisting I was his 'contact', and he kept looking skyward as he said so. I know I look like David Bowie, but sheez -

We pack a nosh when we go to Ki and stay til after fireworks. I'm gonna be stuck anyway, might as well have coffee and make an event out of it.

• Like 4

Oh look, Kings Island changed the cover photo for their Facebook page. It now shows the Monster with The Racer in the background. That means our new coaster is going to be a monster-themed twisting and turning steel racing coaster....AND since they changed their cover photo to show the Monster, that means the announcement will be made on Halloween.

Maybe Skillet will announce the ride.

• Like 8

Maybe Skillet will announce the ride.

Oooooh I love that song.