Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Am I the only one that just doesn't really like inverts??

No, you definitely are not. The reason I don't like them is that MOST of them have a bad positive to negative g-force ratio, and to say the least, those positives have really been getting to me lately...

I'm always confused as to why people think that KI would tear down Vortex. It is by far one of the most popular rides. Sure, it's rough. But so is beast. I don't see either of them coming down anytime soon.

But The Beast doesn't have OTSR's, and it's actually very smooth if you ride on a non-wheel seat.

The Beast? Smooth? Yack. Four or five years ago, it threw my buddies back out and ended our day. It consistently beast the tar out of me. I'll give the non-wheeled seat a try....

I still don't see Vortex going anywhere anytime soon.

While I'm thinking about beast....has it always had brakes on the first drop?

I'm always confused as to why people think that KI would tear down Vortex. It is by far one of the most popular rides. Sure, it's rough. But so is beast. I don't see either of them coming down anytime soon.

But The Beast doesn't have OTSR's, and it's actually very smooth if you ride on a non-wheel seat.

The Beast? Smooth? Yack. Four or five years ago, it threw my buddies back out and ended our day. It consistently beast the tar out of me. I'll give the non-wheeled seat a try....

That was 4 or 5 years ago. I think The Beast is running much smoother now. :)

• Like 4

Am I the only one that just doesn't really like inverts??

No, you definitely are not. The reason I don't like them is that MOST of them have a bad positive to negative g-force ratio, and to say the least, those positives have really been getting to me lately...

Is that code for getting old:)

• Like 2

I'm going to ERT tomorrow morning. Should have some more pictures when I get back.

Just a quick question: What's the earliest time you can wait outside the front gate in the morning? Because the latest I can get dropped off there is 8:45 am...

• Like 2

I'm going to ERT tomorrow morning. Should have some more pictures when I get back.

Just a quick question: What's the earliest time you can wait out the front gate in the morning? Because the latest I can get dropped off there is 8:45 am...

The parking toll booths open at 8:30. I would assume that they don't want pedestrians entering the main lot from the drop-off area before then. However, 8:45 will be fine.

That was 4 or 5 years ago. I think The Beast is running much smoother now. :)

Yes, there has been a lot of retracking work in the past few years. The difference between The Beast in 2010 and The Beast in 2013 is like day and night, if you get my drift.

• Like 5

The only reason I think KI may get Banshee over other parks is, KI has a bit of a, doesn't care attitude about stuff like this. At CP they thought it would tarnish the image and was somewhat taboo'ed. However, KI has Ed Alonzos soon to be hyped up haunt show, Halloween Haunt, and midget wrestling. I think Banshee is acceptable

Do you not remember the controversy a few years ago about some props for haunt and live animals in Slaughter house?

• Like 1

I was there Saturday with one of my friends and when I was by the fence I heard screams from directly behind the fence, my friend thought I was crazy and the screams were coming from a ride. Has anyone else heard these 'screams'?

I heard the screams while riding Delirium last night and I thought I was losing it! Glad someone else heard them as well. Hmm

While riding Drop Tower and Adventure Express today, I noticed that a) there were people working in the construction area; b- the area seems to be expanding into the valley, close to Adventure Express (this might have already been mentioned before, but it was the first time I saw it) and c) there was a huge driller instrument on site, which might mean more footers will be poured soon (in fact, I think I remember seeing a few holes that were going to be prepped for footers as I had a pretty good view of the site before we dropped).

-MDMC, whose current snack of choice while viewing this thread is a piece of gum! :lol:

EDIT: I had to write b with a dash because an emoticon kept accidently popping up when I typed a "B" with a parenthesis.

• Like 2

I was there Saturday with one of my friends and when I was by the fence I heard screams from directly behind the fence, my friend thought I was crazy and the screams were coming from a ride. Has anyone else heard these 'screams'?

I heard the screams while riding Delirium last night and I thought I was losing it! Glad someone else heard them as well. Hmm

I'm also glad others had heard it. Did anyone else jump when they saw the scarecrow in front of the gate?

It wouldn't let me quote @YoungStud but I'm only in high school, and I guess I take back what I said about being "rattled" by inverts (except for Batman; that one always is a little heavy on the positives). I just really don't want to see an invert go in at KI after all this anticipation and with construction starting nearly a year prior to its opening. ;)

• Like 2