Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

The shelf life on the Arrow coasters minus the Hyper ones are no more than 30 years. Anaconda was built after Vortex so its a matter of time before one of them gets taken down. Rumors are going around saying CP is taking out Corkscrew soon to make way for something new. I feel as if CF is beginning to clean up the rides and start looking at future replacements. The only rides KI will keep around for years to come is Racer, The Beast, Diamondback, and maybe Flight of Fear. All the Vekoma rides will go away soon especially Face/ Off

^ There are over 30 Arrow coasters that are 30 or older.

The oldest being introduced in 1959.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&nm=na&ex=1&co=6835&page=1&order=10

I was referring to Arrow loopers that date back to when they began having inversions which was Corkscrew in '76 being the first one. The ones before that will stick around because the maintenance is not as expensive.

The only reason I think KI may get Banshee over other parks is, KI has a bit of a, doesn't care attitude about stuff like this. At CP they thought it would tarnish the image and was somewhat taboo'ed. However, KI has Ed Alonzos soon to be hyped up haunt show, Halloween Haunt, and midget wrestling. I think Banshee is acceptable

Do you not remember the controversy a few years ago about some props for haunt and live animals in Slaughter house?

They've had controversial elements ever since they received the Haunt moniker in 2007 when Club Blood debuted (really since 2006 with the first incarnation of Holiday Horror).

• Like 3

I'm fine with an inverted as long as its done right. Montu was the first ride that made me think that maybe The Beast isn't the best ride ever. Of course Montu is an awesome coster that uses tunnels and good theming. Some of the other inverteds I haven't been as impressed with. Raptor was a disappointment to me. If this thing is an inverted that uses terrain and/or tunnels properly, I think it'll be a winner. And at this point, after looking through ride after ride on rcdb and comparing it to the current footers it really only can be an inverted or a flying coster. Nothing else matches B&M's way of doing things.

• Like 3

The only reason I think KI may get Banshee over other parks is, KI has a bit of a, doesn't care attitude about stuff like this. At CP they thought it would tarnish the image and was somewhat taboo'ed. However, KI has Ed Alonzos soon to be hyped up haunt show, Halloween Haunt, and midget wrestling. I think Banshee is acceptable

Do you not remember the controversy a few years ago about some props for haunt and live animals in Slaughter house?

They've had controversial elements ever since they received the Haunt moniker in 2007 when Club Blood debuted (really since 2006 with the first incarnation of Holiday Horror).

This is from the NY Daily Times.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/steve-mcnair-sahel-kazemi-skeletons-kings-island-amusement-park-celebrity-graveyard-report-article-1.385431

• Like 1

^In that case, there are still 10+ Arrow loopers 30 & over.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&nm=na&st=93&el=8887&co=6835&page=1&order=10

I feel that many of these coasters will survive and continue to stay in parks until they are maintence nightmares and or are in the way of future expansion. With Vortex being a ride that can move 1600 people per hour, thats a people eater!

• Like 2

I'm fine with an inverted as long as its done right. Montu was the first ride that made me think that maybe The Beast isn't the best ride ever. Of course Montu is an awesome coster that uses tunnels and good theming. Some of the other inverteds I haven't been as impressed with. Raptor was a disappointment to me. If this thing is an inverted that uses terrain and/or tunnels properly, I think it'll be a winner. And at this point, after looking through ride after ride on rcdb and comparing it to the current footers it really only can be an inverted or a flying coster. Nothing else matches B&M's way of doing things.

Comparing The Beast and Montu?.... I don't think so...

Comparing wood and steel roller coasters?......I don't think so....

Maybe its just me but I don't think that is a fair comparison.....Steel vs. Wood just doesn't make sense because they are Completely different.

• Like 1

Seriously dude...Maintenance isn't expensive on loopers..besides you really think corkscrew is next on the chopping block? I guess the 2011 station and track repaint, switch to two train operation, 1440 capacity, and still somewhat popular especially for families warrants its teardown...whatever

arrows are not technically difficult for maintenance and really nothing crazy like an intamin

• Like 2

There's been rumors for years stating that they'll take out the storage, maint sheds, and dorms on point to make room...those rumors are as old as the top gun final year/removal rumors

Althought Mr. Ouimet is interested in moving the Cedar Point downs off the peninsula so that may actually happen.

Has anyone noticed that the Trademark name 'Banshee' has been approved for publication on July 1st? Then again, I don't know much about trademarks and the process. Maybe we are close to an announcement?

It's already noted earlier today. The publication

use is for key chains. Yes, key chains.

Terp: "I am somebody!"

• Like 10

Has anyone noticed that the Trademark name 'Banshee' has been approved for publication on July 1st? Then again, I don't know much about trademarks and the process. Maybe we are close to an announcement?

It's already noted earlier today. The publication

use is for key chains. Yes, key chains.

Terp: "I am somebody!"

Sorry Terp didn't remember who said it.

• Like 1