Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Hard to believe we've hit 200 pages in a little over two months. Is that some kind of KIC record? I kinda doubt it, but I'm not sure.

The more footers that pop up, the more I begin to believe the B&M Invert hypothesis. Nevertheless, I can't shake the feeling that this might be a wing coaster, despite Ouimet's promises otherwise.

Anyway, here's to another 200 pages of ramblin' on.

Edit: 400th post, woo-hoo! Time to celebrate by baking another batch of chocolate chip cookies, sitting back, and watching the thread go on.

Hard to believe we've hit 200 pages in a little over two months. Is that some kind of KIC record? I kinda doubt it, but I'm not sure.

Well, let's say the ride will be announced sometime during Haunt, late September or sometime in October (I have no clue if this is actually true). If there are 200 pages in 2 months, since October is still 3 months away, going at the rate we're at there should be approximately 500 hundred pages in this thread by the time the ride is actually announced. :)

• Like 1

I still think it might have something to do with Bats. Where are those darn cranes? There ought to be cranes!

Hmmm....lets think for a second....Lynch mobs of New England's townsfolk and bats......perhaps a vampire theme? That's paranormal and results in bone chilling screams.

Today at the Zoo talking to a Co-volunteer

Her:Did you see the new coaster Kings Island is building?

Me: yeah, its gonna be pretty cool.

Her: Yeah, it's going to be a B and M giga coaster named Banshee

Me: where'd you get your info?

Her: Screamscape

Me: that's not exactly an accurate site. I think its going to be a B&M Invert

Her: No! It's going to be a large giga coaster! It's going to be put in the Son of Beast area

Me:I'm still certain it's going to be an invert

Her: It's going to be purple and black and indoors

Me: Indoors? How can a giga coaster be indoors?

Her: No! It's going to be a B and M giga-invert!

Me: -_-

• Like 12

GIGA INVERTED!?!?

Wow...that would honestly be terror inducing, and put Alpengeist to shame for sheer scale...and funny thing is, that may well happen one day, if not for Kings Island Project 2014 then for some other coaster at another park in the future...

they appear to have ovals cut into them (this was first noticed awhile ago, when it wasn't quite so "wet") similar to other B&M footers used in other projects.

Is that a new footer in pict 4 & 5, all the way to the left, by the fire hydrant and light pole??? If what I'm envisioning is correct, it appears that would be as far "into the current Action Zone" that this ride will extend and those hoping/thinking it will extend to where they took the water tower out will be dissapointed (I'm one who was/is hoping that this ride does extend out to the water tower area offering a little "walk under" section). I could be way off, but it seems like the layout is really taking shape, I'm thinking all the footers behind Sling Shot are for the final portion of the ride, with the lift hill extending out to SOBs space, obviously hard to tell what is going on out there at the moment.

It's still very much possible to extend into the Action Zone midway. They would probably wait until the off season to pour the footers in that area. Why do it now and disrupt guests when they could just as easily do it later

Does anyone else get defensive when people try to say they've already announced it? Today I was talking to someone about how they've put out scarecrows and they said oh yeah they're making another Gatekeeper. I kept telling them that they haven't announced it and it most likely wont be a wing coaster because of Cedar Point. Anybody else have these moments like this with people?

Does anyone else get defensive when people try to say they've already announced it? Today I was talking to someone about how they've put out scarecrows and they said oh yeah they're making another Gatekeeper. I kept telling them that they haven't announced it and it most likely wont be a wing coaster because of Cedar Point. Anybody else have these moments like this with people?

I don't really get defensive but yes...I hear the same things over and over and over again....

• Like 2

IF the coaster is BAT or WITCH related, what do you think the ride plaza should look like?.....I keep picturing a medieval castle with a surrounding court yard with pillory square with a fire. Medieval music and distant screams....would definitely be a showcase at night with torches on the walls to light the way.

• Like 3

Construction as of 7-9-13:

031_zps6b855c8e.jpg

The funniest part of this picture is that it looks like there are 2 holes for footers back there!

(There aren't...It just looks like it)

2vbwmzd.jpg

(Hope you don't mind I put arrows on your picture BeastForever)

Not at all, It's not like it costs me money or anything.

Feel free to do anything to any of the pictures. :)