Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'm gonna fly like an eagle to the sea.

cool, longest winged coaster ever, from Mason Ohio, to the atlantic Ocean, via Kings Dominion and carowinds. No wonder they started costruction so early.

Or it could be the next line:

Let my spirit carry me in reference to a Banshee.

or perhaps even the next line:

Oh lord, thru the revolution, meaning they're getting a clone of Revolution at Six Flags

1 tweet, so much to decode. Fun job he must have.

• Like 4

Seal?!? Maybe Steve Miller is in the park?

I wonder if they could fill up the stands if he played a concert there? I doubt it at this point, thought it would be kind of cool to have acts like this, past their prime playing shows at the theater behind Eiffel Tower, where you could seel limited tickets for the stands, but the music would funnel out to the general park population.

then I guess the next question is, why don't they make use of Timberwolf more? I'll assume they can't challenge a place like Riverbend for bands in their prime, capable of filling a venue of that size, but there's got to be room for a steve miller type. I saw America peform in Kettering at the Fraze Pavallion, I'm guessing that might be a little smaller than Timberwolf, but not sure b/c of the lawn seating there. America sold the place out. Fraze has the Guess Who, Brian Wilson, Steely Dan, Alabama (whish I would have known that earlier, would love to catch that show, they do a great job, and I've only got 1 CD and rarely listen to country music), Steve Martin with Eddie Brickell, Gordon Lightfoot, Ted Nugent, Josh Grobon and Tony Bennet remaining on the calander this year. I assume the obvious answer is that having a show provides little revenue to the park, but they continue to have spirit fest or whatever its called, so they've got to make something off a show. Makes me wonder how long before Timber World is brought down and something else goes in its place.

• Like 1

I assume it sees no more rain than any other outdoor venue in the area. Riverbend has its seating area covered, but the lawn is exposed. Fraze Pavalion is completely exposed. I doubt weather is the issue why its used so little. I've always wondered the reason why this isn't used more, as well as wondering how much longer they plan to keep it around for (1) 3-night event a year.

I really would love something similar to a Maverick type coaster, but maybe double the length(and height). That is currently my favorite ride, and thats even after riding Gatekeeper.

But please use the I305 type harnesses. I have not ridden I305 but have Maverick. I hear CP will not change out the harness but if they did I would ride it again. Do not like the head bashing. Even my kids complain about it.

• Like 1

Is the Maverick's harness really that bad?

I would compare them to Vortex not as hard but it can get you if you don't ride it correctly.

The sign out front says remove earrings for the ride, so they don't stab you if you hit the harness.

I rode it at night without being in the front row, or knowing the layout, and can tell you if you lean one way and the train turns the other way you will smack your head pretty hard. I had a headache from bouncing in between the harness the first time I rode it.

I really would love something similar to a Maverick type coaster, but maybe double the length(and height). That is currently my favorite ride, and thats even after riding Gatekeeper.

But please use the I305 type harnesses. I have not ridden I305 but have Maverick. I hear CP will not change out the harness but if they did I would ride it again. Do not like the head bashing. Even my kids complain about it.

I agree, I have ridden both i305 and maverick and the harness for i305 is much more comfortable. I still love maverick but wish it had different restraints.

Edit: for spelling stupid mobile lol

• Like 2

I know that "we" keep bantering about the name Banshee, but, I cannot help but think that this coaster is going to be named after the Screamin Demon, that once stood quite near the area this will occupy...the first launched loop to operate for the public.

What will this coaster be the first to do?

• Like 1

then I guess the next question is, why don't they make use of Timberwolf more? I'll assume they can't challenge a place like Riverbend for bands in their prime, capable of filling a venue of that size, but there's got to be room for a steve miller type. I saw America peform in Kettering at the Fraze Pavallion, I'm guessing that might be a little smaller than Timberwolf, but not sure b/c of the lawn seating there. America sold the place out. Fraze has the Guess Who, Brian Wilson, Steely Dan, Alabama (whish I would have known that earlier, would love to catch that show, they do a great job, and I've only got 1 CD and rarely listen to country music), Steve Martin with Eddie Brickell, Gordon Lightfoot, Ted Nugent, Josh Grobon and Tony Bennet remaining on the calander this year. I assume the obvious answer is that having a show provides little revenue to the park, but they continue to have spirit fest or whatever its called, so they've got to make something off a show. Makes me wonder how long before Timber World is brought down and something else goes in its place.

Promoters these days don't see Timberwolf as a viable option--outdated facility, limited capacity, set in an amusement park, etc. smaller shows that play Cincy are more apt to go to PNC Pavillion, Taft, US Bank or even the new Horseshoe before Timberwolf. It works for something like Spirit Song, which is geared toward kids who would like to be at Ki anyway, but not for much else.

• Like 2