Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

then I guess the next question is, why don't they make use of Timberwolf more? I'll assume they can't challenge a place like Riverbend for bands in their prime, capable of filling a venue of that size, but there's got to be room for a steve miller type. I saw America peform in Kettering at the Fraze Pavallion, I'm guessing that might be a little smaller than Timberwolf, but not sure b/c of the lawn seating there. America sold the place out. Fraze has the Guess Who, Brian Wilson, Steely Dan, Alabama (whish I would have known that earlier, would love to catch that show, they do a great job, and I've only got 1 CD and rarely listen to country music), Steve Martin with Eddie Brickell, Gordon Lightfoot, Ted Nugent, Josh Grobon and Tony Bennet remaining on the calander this year. I assume the obvious answer is that having a show provides little revenue to the park, but they continue to have spirit fest or whatever its called, so they've got to make something off a show. Makes me wonder how long before Timber World is brought down and something else goes in its place.

Promoters these days don't see Timberwolf as a viable option--outdated facility, limited capacity, set in an amusement park, etc. smaller shows that play Cincy are more apt to go to PNC Pavillion, Taft, US Bank or even the new Horseshoe before Timberwolf. It works for something like Spirit Song, which is geared toward kids who would like to be at Ki anyway, but not for much else.

Thanks, confirms my belief that Timberwolf can't be long for the park. How much money can spirit song bring in? Enough to justify the upkeep on the facility in leiu of the ROI they could get by putting something more useful in that area?

Maybe the ride is gonna be called Steve?

I don't know why but this absolutely cracked me up!

You see...a grasshopper walks into a bat, hops up on a stool and orders a beer. The bartender chuckles and says, "Ya know, there's a drink named after you." The grasshopper replies, "You mean you got a drink named Steve?"

• Like 6

Concert space can spring up anywhere. For years Mason had HUGE concerts at Corwin Nixon Park. The stage was set up for the event, gone a day after. I'm not sure what they would put in the space where Timberwolf is that would be worth razing the area for... that they can't do in other, much better, areas.

Another Don tweet that revolves around a song "Time keeps on slippin' into the future." I really dont care about any other word but future.

Maybe he just watched the show "Remember When... the 70's" at International Showplace. All of those songs he's putting on Twitter are the one's he's heard during the show. You know telling people to go see it. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the ride.

• Like 6

Not trying to pull a Big Sexy, but my mom picked me up from KI and we were driving home south on 71 and I saw a semi heading north. The semi trailer had a timberliner train picture on the left and a wild mouse car picture on the right of the trailer. I didn't have time to take a pic so you don't have to believe me.

Domain Name: Banshee.COM
Created on: 05-Mar-95
Expires on: 06-Mar-15
Last Updated on: 29-Dec-12

Registrant:
James Moore

Seattle, Washington 98103
United States

kiBanshee.com is still available.

Pretty safe to say neither will be used by ki.

• Like 1

Does Kings Island usually announce rides during the season? Or do they wait for the off season? And another random question this year I'm finally going to go to haunt with a few band buddies and I've never been inside a haunted house and I was wondering if their mazes are bad or if I should just stay out of them.

• Like 1

Does Kings Island usually announce rides during the season? Or do they wait for the off season? And another random question this year I'm finally going to go to haunt with a few band buddies and I've never been inside a haunted house and I was wondering if their mazes are bad or if I should just stay out of them.

Are they very scary...? Well maybe you should ask these guys....https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt2012

I see your point, I was mainly showing it was in Washington, but I've removed the street address just for arguments sake. That is all public info available on any whois search of the domain. You can have that info hidden, but this person apparently didn't.

• Like 1

Are they very scary...? Well maybe you should ask these guys....https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt2012

Hmmm almost every word they say doesn't get to me except for clowns. I never have liked clowns even the happy go lucky ones...

• Like 2

Halloween Haunt is pointless for me. I never get scared of the monsters, clowns, etc.

I do, however, get a kick out of watching people get scared by street monsters or the scary people who walk around the park.

It's been a slow few days for construction, anyone see any differences yet?

I'm gonna be at the park Saturday so I'll be sure to get pictures!

The group I was with last time wouldn't let me so I'm going off by myself!

• Like 1

With the paranormal theming indicated on the sign....It would simply be logical to announce the ride during the Halloween Haunt. Maybe with a new haunt in the plaza.....BTW anyone thinking that the entire Action Zone might get a "paranormal" update to make it a new themed area? After all it doesn't appear as Action Zone on the maps, does it?

• Like 1

Seal?!? Maybe Steve Miller is in the park?

I wonder if they could fill up the stands if he played a concert there? I doubt it at this point, thought it would be kind of cool to have acts like this, past their prime playing shows at the theater behind Eiffel Tower, where you could seel limited tickets for the stands, but the music would funnel out to the general park population.

Steve Miller Band will always be in their prime. Would it fill Timberwolf? Without a doubt. I would probably drive home from Williamsburg just to see it.

then I guess the next question is, why don't they make use of Timberwolf more? I'll assume they can't challenge a place like Riverbend for bands in their prime, capable of filling a venue of that size, but there's got to be room for a steve miller type. I saw America peform in Kettering at the Fraze Pavallion, I'm guessing that might be a little smaller than Timberwolf, but not sure b/c of the lawn seating there. America sold the place out. Fraze has the Guess Who, Brian Wilson, Steely Dan, Alabama (whish I would have known that earlier, would love to catch that show, they do a great job, and I've only got 1 CD and rarely listen to country music), Steve Martin with Eddie Brickell, Gordon Lightfoot, Ted Nugent, Josh Grobon and Tony Bennet remaining on the calander this year. I assume the obvious answer is that having a show provides little revenue to the park, but they continue to have spirit fest or whatever its called, so they've got to make something off a show. Makes me wonder how long before Timber World is brought down and something else goes in its place.

Promoters these days don't see Timberwolf as a viable option--outdated facility, limited capacity, set in an amusement park, etc. smaller shows that play Cincy are more apt to go to PNC Pavillion, Taft, US Bank or even the new Horseshoe before Timberwolf. It works for something like Spirit Song, which is geared toward kids who would like to be at Ki anyway, but not for much else.

It's never stopped Busch Gardens. The Styx show sold out in a day. The park was packed that day. KC and the Sunshine Band are coming next month. I believe it is also sold out. These old bands will always bring in people.

• Like 4

Tips for Maverick:

I've been able to successfully ride Maverick without ANY headbanging. I tend to keep my head back instead of leaning forward. I also don't hold on to the hand bars, and instead hold onto the OTSRs about shoulder level. I keep my head pushed back against the seat and use my upper body strength to grip the OTSRs and brace my body. I also keep my neck and shoulders tense so I can avoid whiplash. And by somewhat leaning into the turns in addition to all this, I've managed to have perfect rides. You have to ride tensely, but if you don't, you'll end up with bruises.

I'd also like to see Maverick's restraints swapped out, but I'll continue to ride it since it's awesome and I've learned how to ride it defensively.

• Like 3