Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

^^haha didnt people assume that Diamondback was going to be called Mustang?

Yes, that is true. Just like we're all assuming the mystery ride for 2014 will be called Banshee. It just goes to show that you never know what will happen in the future.

Tips for Maverick:

I've been able to successfully ride Maverick without ANY headbanging. I tend to keep my head back instead of leaning forward. I also don't hold on to the hand bars, and instead hold onto the OTSRs about shoulder level. I keep my head pushed back against the seat and use my upper body strength to grip the OTSRs and brace my body. I also keep my neck and shoulders tense so I can avoid whiplash. And by somewhat leaning into the turns in addition to all this, I've managed to have perfect rides. You have to ride tensely, but if you don't, you'll end up with bruises.

I'd also like to see Maverick's restraints swapped out, but I'll continue to ride it since it's awesome and I've learned how to ride it defensively.

You have to ride tensely, but if you don't, you'll end up with bruises

This is why I dont ride..

Tips for Maverick:

I've been able to successfully ride Maverick without ANY headbanging. I tend to keep my head back instead of leaning forward. I also don't hold on to the hand bars, and instead hold onto the OTSRs about shoulder level. I keep my head pushed back against the seat and use my upper body strength to grip the OTSRs and brace my body. I also keep my neck and shoulders tense so I can avoid whiplash. And by somewhat leaning into the turns in addition to all this, I've managed to have perfect rides. You have to ride tensely, but if you don't, you'll end up with bruises.

I'd also like to see Maverick's restraints swapped out, but I'll continue to ride it since it's awesome and I've learned how to ride it defensively.

You have to ride tensely, but if you don't, you'll end up with bruises

This is why I dont ride..

Here is a big what if........what if Slingshot, and Xtreme Flyer were to be moved to a location south of Soak City, along with the Thunder Alley go carts to create a pay-as-you-go area.....AND THEN....this new rollercoaster would have an area where it would be able to circle around the Drop Tower and over the central plaza back to the current construction site....maybe with a loop in the central plaza.....

• Like 1

Mustang at Kings Island...a ride so good we'll have to have mechanics in the station at all times.

Andrew, taking a stab at Ford.

Proof this new ride will finally be called Mustang: :P

75cd5af0-480f-4ccf-a989-592d940dfdfe_zps

I sure hope it wouldn't be called Mustang. That ride would be awfully slow :P

• Like 2

Clearly this will be a high-tech super advanced dark ride coaster themed to the Pink Panther, containing the world's most advanced animatronic of Peter Sellers.

Parts of the ride will be scattered throughout the park connected by teleporters so the ride will literally be "all over the map."

Hey, it could happen.

Here is a big what if........what if Slingshot, and Xtreme Flyer were to be moved to a location south of Soak City, along with the Thunder Alley go carts to create a pay-as-you-go area.....AND THEN....this new rollercoaster would have an area where it would be able to circle around the Drop Tower and over the central plaza back to the current construction site....maybe with a loop in the central plaza.....

I really like this premise...I've thought for a while that an FEC-type area outside of the main park would be a cool idea at KI. It would be similar to Challenge Park at CP, but could have a much longer operating season (due to Cincy's weather and larger metro area) than the regular park. Throw in a putt-putt course, restaurant, party facilities, some retail and a season pass sales/processing center and they could have a nice (nearly) year round revenue generator.

• Like 11