Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I hope its a prototype.

Remind me again how well the WindSeekers worked out, from a maintenance and uptime standpoint.

After the train wrecks that were Shoot the Rapids, the WindSeekers and I305, I can't imagine Cedar Fair buying anything that they are not entirely sure will work from day one. And whether or not it sacrifices ride experience for reliability is not important, because the park will save money and bring in more revenue with a high reliability ride, which will in turn be spent on further improving park experience for you, the park guest.

I would much rather Kings Island install a functional coaster that I dislike than install a disfunctional coaster that I like. In other words, when it comes to my home park, I'll gladly take a Wild Mouse over Maverick.

• Like 5

Kings Island@KingsIslandPR1h

It's going to be a bright sunshiny day!

Must be a Sun theamed coaster going in. LOL!

Or a Brady Bunch theme....

Come to think of it, if it were a Brady Bunch themed coaster, and we named the three trains after the Brady girls then we could all ride......never mind.

Can I claim dibs on Marsha..... oh wait, never mind.

• Like 3

I hope its a prototype. Usually the ride is to intense at opening and the designer firms tone it down with the future installments. Batman the ride is the most intense out of all the b&m inverts.

Interesting....what kind of prototype would you like to see?

I hope its a prototype.

Remind me again how well the WindSeekers worked out, from a maintenance and uptime standpoint.

After the train wrecks that were Shoot the Rapids, the WindSeekers and I305, I can't imagine Cedar Fair buying anything that they are not entirely sure will work from day one. And whether or not it sacrifices ride experience for reliability is not important, because the park will save money and bring in more revenue with a high reliability ride, which will in turn be spent on further improving park experience for you, the park guest.

I would much rather Kings Island install a functional coaster that I dislike than install a disfunctional coaster that I like. In other words, when it comes to my home park, I'll gladly take a Wild Mouse over Maverick.

Um, look a the first generation intamin hypers, they had so much ejector air that parks are afraid to install similar rides at the risk of getting sued.

WindSeeker is a bad counter argument IMO. That's a novelty flat ride.

The only thing about prototypes that bothers me is that they are constantly working out bugs and making quick fixes so that the ride will operate correctly...usually throughout the first season. I would think that this would cause long distance visitors to think twice about returning to ride the "big new thing"

Well tbh though, big new things offer that "never had this before" thrill. B&M wing riders, it was nothing truly new for Gatekeeper, wheras TTD, first time having that intense of a launch.

I will agree, they need better quality control/testing/blueprints than just to an extent winging it. Take B&M wing rider/stand up, tested, tried, true, ect. Compare that to intamin flume...lols

• Like 4

surely for now Ki has learned from first, highest, longest, sure we all want a great big huge coaster, I would love to see a great coaster, Kings Island is worldly known, let it

be right this time for sure.

It might be a coaster and a flat and future expansion space?

Call me crazy, but I'm not that big a fan of cable lifts. Sure, they're fast, but part of me enjoys the clicking of the anti-rollbacks and the slower pace you get on a chain lift. Not to mention you don't have to wait for a catch car to get all the way back down the lift hill...

To me, chain lifts seem like a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• Like 7

As a new ride lasting only a min and half, yes it will be a fail,IMO. I love flight deck but nobody rides it now, you make the long walk over there and its always empty, which is its only selling point to me because you can ride it over and over. Take a new ride and make it short, plus having to wait 2+hours..ill not ride it much.

Not all rollercoasters can be as long as Diamondback or The Beast; variety is the spice of life, I'm guessing you're going to utimately enjoy whatever ends up being built. Next season's 2 hour wait will be 2019's 30 min wait as everyone lines up for KI attraction 2019.

Personally, looking at all the footers in place currently, knowing what it replaced, knowing what the importance of this coaster means to not only the park in general, but that specific section of the park which has been "dead" for several years now that we're all mostly going to be happy with the announcement. If they hit a solid homer (not neccessarily a grand slam) this ride will breath new life into flight deck, congo falls, drop zone, etc... I'm guessing this isn't the only thing we see new in Action Zone over the next 5-10 years. I believe this is the start to redefining your experience at the park. Instead of entering the park and turning right towards The Beast or Diamondback, or perhaps going straight back to avoid Firehawk and Flight of Fear's long lines, you're now going to debate turning left toward the 2014 attraction, flight deck and rides coming down the road. I have no inside information; but my gut tells me this is going to be transformative. I also think its why all signs point to it being a B & M, the need something reliable and trust worthy. To continue the baseball analogy from above, it doesn't have to be a grand slam, but something the general public is going to look forward to riding each trip to the park. Diamondback wasn't a grand slam, the 200' mark had long been past, its a similar style ride that many enthusiast had been on before, but it was exactly what the park needed to breath new life into the park. It was a solid homer and remains so today.

• Like 11

Hmm...that last post above mine made me remember something about my childhood trip to Kings Island back in August 2000...if I recall correctly, Action Zone was PACKED with numerous guests, if not for the brand-new Son of Beast then for the then 1-year-old Drop Zone and FACE/OFF...hopefully Project 2014 gets lots of guests into Action Zone, hopefully sending lots of them down to the the good-on-capacity-but-often-overlooked Flight Deck...and drawing people away from X-Base. Seriously, Firehawk and Flight of Fear could really use less crowds...

• Like 1

I rode Flight Deck on July 2nd and the wait was around 40 minutes. The ride is still popular and not going anywhere for a while. On the decoding side of things, I have left the giga camp and joined the invert camp. The footers line up pretty well for one. I hope they extend it out into SOB's old stomping grounds.

• Like 2

I rode Flight Deck on July 2nd and the wait was around 40 minutes. The ride is still popular and not going anywhere for a while. On the decoding side of things, I have left the giga camp and joined the invert camp. The footers line up pretty well for one. I hope they extend it out into SOB's old stomping grounds.

***Sorry for the double post, stupid mobile. I also can't figure out how to delete my own post****

Edited by darkmarkman