Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Could the way an owl captures its prey point to coaster elements?

"Other species prefer to soar, or make quartering flights, scanning the ground below for a suitable meal. When a target is located, the Owl will fly towards it, keeping its head in line with it until the last moment. This is when the Owl pulls its head back, and thrusts its feet forward with the talons spread wide - two pointing backwards and two forwards.

The force of the impact is usually enough to stun the prey, which is then dispatched with a snap of the beak.

Owls can adapt their hunting techniques depending on the type of prey. Insects and small birds may be snatched in mid air, sometimes after being flushed from the cover of trees or bushes by the Owl.
Owls that catch fish may skim over water, snatching fish on the fly"

(quote cited from http://www.owlpages.com/articles.php?section=owl+physiology&title=Food )

Soaring, being snatched mid air, brushing with trees(AE?), high height

"impact" dives all sound fun to me.

• Like 1

I just searched on Google for "Banshee Owl" and it brought up this result http://rivelata.pbworks.com/w/page/6152215/Banshee%20Owl

I couldn't find many other results finding a specific "Banshee Owl" but it's interesting nonetheless!. On another note, many people believe the wailing of the Banshee in folktales to actually be a Barn Owl's screech.

^*Hoot hoot.

Might want to make sure what the poster is refering to before trying to correct them.

The use of the word "woot" as in woo hoo ,and similarity to the noise a owl makes "Hoot".

woot
1870 up, 687 down
See also wOOt, w00t and WOOT

1) An interjection similar to "YAYE!" or "Woohoo!" used to express joy or excitement, usually about some kind of accomplishment. Primarily used by gamers, spreading rapidly to anyone who chats online

• Like 2

^*Hoot hoot.

Might want to make sure what the poster is refering to before trying to correct them.

The use of the word "woot" as in woo hoo ,and similarity to the noise a owl makes "Hoot".

woot

1870 up, 687 down

See also wOOt, w00t and WOOT

1) An interjection similar to "YAYE!" or "Woohoo!" used to express joy or excitement, usually about some kind of accomplishment. Primarily used by gamers, spreading rapidly to anyone who chats online

Might want to read my post, realize I was using making a joke about the tweet, and move on.
  • Like 1