Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'm confused some believe it will be a Wing Rider, and some have completely ruled out a Wing Rider. It's seems you have the footprint kind of figured out, what would fit best, and be the most practical for what seems to be the footprint as of now?

I think it is to early to tell, but if you look at the "Station" it looks like (what ever way the cart is going) getting on and off will be in the same place, similar to Back Lot Stunt Tracks station. Just a guess, there are footers completely on the left side, then in the middle what looks like where the tract will go, and then on the far right of the "Station" there are no additional footers, yet..

Take a look at this pic: http://s246.photobucket.com/user/coasterfusion/media/More%20Photos/IMG_1678_zpse78d4bda.jpg.html

You can see the two footers that set off to the right past the track footers quite a bit. It looks to have at least 10-15 foot on that side. That should be the exit side of the station. I haven't quite figured out how they will get people from that side back to the park without stairs or tunnels, but I guess there is a lot we don't know.

I'm confused some believe it will be a Wing Rider, and some have completely ruled out a Wing Rider. It's seems you have the footprint kind of figured out, what would fit best, and be the most practical for what seems to be the footprint as of now?

I think Wing Rider is out of the question at this point unless they have completely changed their construction method since last year. With wing riders, they tend to have a single support and footer underneath low laying track like leading up to the station. With this you have pairs of footers everywhere. You typically see this on inverts and flying coasters as the car hangs under the track and a single support would not work. I think its a forgone conclusion that its an invert at this point. A flyer isn't impossible, but it's an odd choice with Firehawk already on the grounds. If it's anything else, they would have to be building this one differently than just about any coaster they have done in the past.

That's what I was afraid of. Not that I don't like invert's ( I love Raptor. ) But I guess I was hoping for a record breaking B&M floorless design, a giga, or a multiple launch coaster.

I'd love a floorless. I'm fine with an invert as long as it's not just a plain jane one. Something like Oziris or Montu would be amazing. Something with tunnels and the like. I'm not seeing any tunnels in this design though, so we'll have to hope for them using terrain and close encounters effectively. But the more I look at this one, I'm more and more afraid we will be getting the dreaded "biggest/fastest/whateverest XYZ coaster in Southern Ohio" tag. They could surprise us with 8 inversions, but I would be somewhat surprised at this point.

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Mantis at Cedar Point is getting an overhaul. New Paint, Trains, maybe a new station.

With the new name "Banshee"?

Oh wait sorry. Banshee was only trademarked for KI right?

I'm going to assume you are bringing up the point that we have not considered Banshee may be for other parks. And well we actually have. All other parks have been ruled out because there is no construction and no belief for others to get a new coaster/ overhaul. Especially something as drastic as your suggestion. I mean why would Mantis need an overhaul?

THIS IS A KIC PIC!!! NOT MINE

This how they numbered Italian Job

And what point are you trying to make with this?

Has anyone thought of the possibility that Mantis at Cedar Point is getting an overhaul. New Paint, Trains, maybe a new station.

I'm going to assume you are bringing up the point that we have not considered Banshee may be for other parks. And well we actually have. All other parks have been ruled out because there is no construction and no belief for others to get a new coaster/ overhaul. Especially something as drastic as your suggestion. I mean why would Mantis need an overhaul?

its been rumored for years that mantis would be converted to a floorless.

THIS IS A KIC PIC!!! NOT MINE

This how they numbered Italian Job

And what point are you trying to make with this?

• Like 1

its been rumored for years that mantis would be converted to a floorless
You do realize that Mantis is a STAND UP roller coaster, right? Thus converting to floorless would mean all pressure would be placed on our manhood.

Yeah, um, no.

• Like 1

I said I would ask a construction worker. Question: "Its hot already, you don't get paid enough, how many more do you have to place?" Reaction: " A lot." Question: "Are you placing any further back in the shade?" Reaction: "Ask the park manager, coaster boy."

• Like 12

I said I would ask a construction worker. Question: "Its hot already, you don't get paid enough, how many more do you have to place?" Reaction: " A lot." Question: "Are you placing any further back in the shade?" Reaction: "Ask the park manager, coaster boy."

Did you really ask this? If so this points to much more footers being poured and a very large ride.

Did you really ask this? If so this points to much more footers being poured and a very large ride.

I did, but I don't know how truthful he was with me. If he was serious about "A lot" more footers going in, that will bring the giga discussion back up. I honestly wouldn't take much of what he said to heart. After all he did laugh at me and call me "Coaster Boy".