Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Hmm...If KIC's tweet was accurate. That would mean literally, only one person has guessed correctly so far. That leads me to believe that it won't be an invert like a lot of people think it will be. Ruling out all the obvious joke suggestions, there are a couple ride types that only a few people have suggested like a Floorless B&M, an Intamin Blitz coaster, or even a B&M Stand-up (which I don't think it will be a stand up). Could we maybe be seeing one of these types in 2014?

Hmm...If KIC's tweet was accurate. That would mean literally, only one person has guessed correctly so far. That leads me to believe that it won't be an invert like a lot of people think it will be. Ruling out all the obvious joke suggestions, there are a couple ride types that only a few people have suggested like a Floorless B&M, an Intamin Blitz coaster, or even a B&M Stand-up (which I don't think it will be a stand up). Could we maybe be seeing one of these types in 2014?

Hmmm. A rather interesting (and probably not correct) interpretation of Don's tweet. Why must everything he says be construed as being about Project 2014?

• Like 2

Hmmm. A rather interesting (and probably not correct) interpretation of Don's tweet. Why must everything he says be construed as being about Project 2014?

I was talking about KIC's reply to Don's tweet. Either way, those tweets may, or may not be about project 2014. I personally, believe they were.

• Like 1

I believe it was at the 2012 Coasting for Kids event where he told us. If I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with the number being more believable in his obituary. The theory is that no one would make up the number 11,999 because a liar would want to say that they actually got to the multiple of a thousand. Numbers like 12,000 or 12,364 (or even "over 12,000") would be less believable because they might sound like a number that somebody would make up. Therefore he stopped at a number that no one would lie about.

Now my memory is not very good, so all of this could be a figment of my imagination causing me to remember a conversation that never took place, but if my memory is actually working for once, now you know.

• Like 5

Guest KingsIslandPR

I believe it was at the 2012 Coasting for Kids event where he told us. If I'm not mistaken, it has something to do with the number being more believable in his obituary. The theory is that no one would make up the number 11,999 because a liar would want to say that they actually got to the multiple of a thousand. Numbers like 12,000 or 12,364 (or even "over 12,000") would be less believable because they might sound like a number that somebody would make up. Therefore he stopped at a number that no one would lie about.

Now my memory is not very good, so all of this could be a figment of my imagination causing me to remember a conversation that never took place, but if my memory is actually working for once, now you know.

It's not that a random number wouldn't be believable as much as it would be noted I missed by one of reaching the 12,000 mark. My rides were accrued in a non-consecutive fashion, so whether I finish at 11,999 or took it to 20,000, it's a mark that will never be broken for the most non-consecutive rides on the same roller coaster.

• Like 21

It's not that a random number wouldn't be believable as much as it would be noted I missed by one of reaching the 12,000 mark. My rides were accrued in a non-consecutive fashion, so whether I finish at 11,999 or took it to 20,000, it's a mark that will never be broken for the most non-consecutive rides on the same roller coaster.

Ah, thank you for the clarification! :)

I have been trying to tell people next years ride is a "filler" coaster much like wicked twister was a prelude to TTD.

It's funny some random guy in front of us in line for Diamondback today was talking my ear off and said the exact same thing. He liked to talk to much so I just left it at that!

• Like 7

I have only been to Kings Island and Cedar Point and my favorite invert is Raptor. I think it's the first drop that makes me like it so much.

I feel robbed of a username.

Having ridden Raptor, Batman (SFMM), and Silver Bullet, the latter is by far my favorite. I love the unique combination of elements and the high positive g's around the last helix over the water.

Hey look twins.

• Like 2