Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Part of what I heard from someone in the know, who may or may not be on this site, is that Son of Beast was tore down, due to complaints about noise from Great Wolf Lodge and the area it covered is going to be turned into an all new campground.

Good man, he's just having fun with the newbies! :P

I do not understand why Kings Island has, if they build according to what we see, built the entrance to this new attraction where they have because it totally blocks off any new path for a new expansion. They I realized that the old road, where the cobra footers are, could become a new pathway for the new expansion KI could create. Take a look, the path would follow the old SOB path, possiblity's for new food locations, restrooms, new rides a glore. Anyway, total BS right now but it is a thought of mine. Remove Sling Shot and create a beautiful scenery. Get that hunk of thin metal out of there. So ya this is all very exciting to me and probably others as well. We are getting something that will make Kings Island noticed again!!

Part of what I heard from someone in the know, who may or may not be on this site, is that Son of Beast was tore down, due to complaints about noise from Great Wolf Lodge and the area it covered is going to be turned into an all new campground.

SOB was torn down due to complaints and lawsuits due to injuries caused by the very rough ride and not by the Great Wolf Lodge complaining about it being too loud. You must remember Son of Beast was built before the GWL was constructed and they knew about it. It is like someone moving near a very busy interstate highway and then complaining about the loud noise from the heavy traffic. That type of a "rumor" is something even the Dippin Dot guy would not spread. :)

and here I thought that maybe the new ride was going to go through GWL as part of some kind of arrangement between KI & GWL, which would promote staying at the resort while offering special discount/package deals for both places.

(just me, having fun with everybody)

• Like 4

Sigh.

Son of Beast was shut down because the General Manager was not happy with the ride experience.

It was removed after a thorough analysis of all available alternatives.

The park would have done the right thing even had no lawsuits been filed as a result of the ride. The lawsuits did not cause the closure and removal. The incidents certainly contributed. Profits, safety, guest comfort. Parks put safety first. Guest comfort contributes to profit. Parks know that. Make guests comfortable and you can charge more. See, for example, Fast Lane.

• Like 12

Well I went for about an hour today but the park was full I never rode anything. I did try and get some better pics of the construction but there's not really much going on.

9C463776-E722-471C-A7FF-C6C382F2BA43-808

It was really nice though to just walk around the park and shop and take in the sites and smells. This was my 6th time there this year and my first time "stopping to smell the roses".

• Like 12

I visited the park today for the first time this season. Got to see the construction site and I must say that this coaster looks like the station may very well be near the walkway going to T.A. There were also more footer markers with flags on them near slingshot and in more of the old thunder alley attraction. The 3 rows of footers looked almost complete (there still looked like a row or so left to be done). Ore clues and teasers may come by mid summer.

Well I went for about an hour today but the park was full I never rode anything. I did try and get some better pics of the construction but there's not really much going on.

9C463776-E722-471C-A7FF-C6C382F2BA43-808

It was really nice though to just walk around the park and shop and take in the sites and smells. This was my 6th time there this year and my first time "stopping to smell the roses".

This is probably my favorite picture of Racer.

• Like 6

False advertisment confirmed. If I hadn't been to Ki for a few years, and I saw one of those ads, I would be like "Dang, KI has got a new inverted roller coaster, I'm going to go there and ride it!"

Well I would think that most of the park going public couldnt tell an inverted BM track from arrow track...

• Like 5

False advertisment confirmed. If I hadn't been to Ki for a few years, and I saw one of those ads, I would be like "Dang, KI has got a new inverted roller coaster, I'm going to go there and ride it!"

I still remember way back when they advertised the first Nickelodeon expansion (Nick Central) and to promote Runaway Reptar they showed footage of Invertigo, making everyone think Reptar had a loop in it.

Anyway, more marketing for the 'Point confirmed. The most recent "Thrills Connect" ads predominately feature all Cedar Point attractions and maybe a sliver of Diamondback footage. I wonder if Six Flags suffers the same identity crisis when making ads for their parks; say, mostly using Magic Mountain attractions and maybe a sliver of an exclusive attraction.

• Like 5

I'm getting a banner ad on another site for KI. It has what looks like Leviathan's trains on it.

B&M Giga confirmed.

Gotta love CF not putting enough into marketing to make the ads park specific, other than the name of the park.

Sigh.

Son of Beast was shut down because the General Manager was not happy with the ride experience.

It was removed after a thorough analysis of all available alternatives.

The park would have done the right thing even had no lawsuits been filed as a result of the ride. The lawsuits did not cause the closure and removal. The incidents certainly contributed. Profits, safety, guest comfort. Parks put safety first. Guest comfort contributes to profit. Parks know that. Make guests comfortable and you can charge more. See, for example, Fast Lane.

Sigh. A diversion of sorts?!? ;-)

• Like 3

Opening day.

c7e5b029146d6c828c68738b969cec69.jpg

Last weekend 5/3

5C293B55-4AE5-47B4-AEE7-E3A1A30EBF27-891

5/12

EE86432A-0698-4EF2-8FC7-07CDA575989A-173

Just board so I thought I would post some comparison shots for examining.. I am going up later just to get some tickets for some friends and I will try and get a better shot representing this week..

Edit with image from today

• Like 5

Opening day.

Last weekend 5/3

5/10

Just board so I thought I would post some comparison shots for examining.. I am going up later just to get some tickets for some friends and I will try and get a better shot representing this week..

You are a board? BB1 who didn't know boards posted on KIC!

• Like 8