Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

In this pic from coasterfusion it appears that the lift hill, if that's what it is, is headed for Adventure Express. Doesn't make sense to me

I did the math a while back, this is going to put the lift hill at around 150 foot. That falls into the range typically seen on inverts.

If the lift hill is 45 degrees it could be around 200 feet tall.

In this pic from coasterfusion it appears that the lift hill, if that's what it is, is headed for Adventure Express. Doesn't make sense to me

I did the math a while back, this is going to put the lift hill at around 150 foot. That falls into the range typically seen on inverts.

I'm torn between an invert and giga. I'd rather see a giga, but an invert would be so nice.

• Like 1

1004660_218511191629925_652475100_n.jpg

KI Tweeted this picture with the caption: "And then there's Blob"

Got it, the color of the attraction is going to be blue!

What are your thoughts of what this could mean?

Blob is the official mascot of Xavier University......

http://www.goxavier.com/trads/xavi-mascots.html (Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find Blob)

Xavier University must be having some kind of event at Kings Island today, I doubt that it relates to the 2014 construction in any way.

• Like 2

Thats true, but inverts usually seem to be around 35 degrees. Not saying it can't be 45, but it would be unusual.

• Like 2

I'm torn between an invert and giga. I'd rather see a giga, but an invert would be so nice.

At this point, based on the dual footers, I think giga is out. The dual footers are only seen on the inverts and flyers. For it to be anything else, they would have to be using a completely new way of supporting the track.

Thats true, but inverts usually seem to be around 35 degrees. Not saying it can't be 45, but it would be unusual.

Well there you have it. That's the selling point - "The steeped lift hill invert in the world" ... hypothetically if its an invert, of course.

• Like 1

I'd love to see some type of hybrid dark ride coaster. Reading all the info on the Magic Kingdom's new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride and seeing pics and everything kind of makes me wish we'd get something similar to that. I'd love a coaster that would go in and out of enclosures where there would be effects/animatronics/etc. There could also be some type of story line involved. Think of Adventure Express, but updated and more advanced/detailed. It would also be cool if one of these interior enclosure sections would contain a launch similar to what Maverick at Cedar Point does. This is all just wishful thinking, but I feel it would be a unique addition to the park.

• Like 1

fryoj said "Thats true, but inverts usually seem to be around 35 degrees. Not saying it can't be 45, but it would be unusual.'

I'm with you on this....just wishful thinking on my part.... :P

Although, Alpengheist is 195 feet tall, not sure of the distance from the station to the first drop.

I'd love to see some type of hybrid dark ride coaster. Reading all the info on the Magic Kingdom's new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride and seeing pics and everything kind of makes me wish we'd get something similar to that. I'd love a coaster that would go in and out of enclosures where there would be effects/animatronics/etc. There could also be some type of story line involved. Think of Adventure Express, but updated and more advanced/detailed. It would also be cool if one of these interior enclosure sections would contain a launch similar to what Maverick at Cedar Point does. This is all just wishful thinking, but I feel it would be a unique addition to the park.

I like how you think!..... and with a new chief....anything is possible...

At this point, based on the dual footers, I think giga is out. The dual footers are only seen on the inverts and flyers. For it to be anything else, they would have to be using a completely new way of supporting the track.

not that many dual footers

• Like 1

How high is the crypt building? Be cool to have a zac spin in there as a dark ride...

I would rather them tear the building down and build a flat ride

As we've previously stated, the Crypt building will be used for a new Haunt experience for this year and beyond.

The long-term solution has been found: As a Halloween Haunt attraction.

• Like 6

How high is the crypt building? Be cool to have a zac spin in there as a dark ride...

I would rather them tear the building down and build a flat ride

As we've previously stated, the Crypt building will be used for a new Haunt experience for this year and beyond.

The long-term solution has been found: As a Halloween Haunt attraction.

I know that this info has been stated again and again. But I, like many other in this forum, are not satisfied with it. Regardless of what they say, using this massive building for an attraction that only lasts 1-2 months out of an entire season is a waste. Such a great building, such a great space. I feel like to much emphasis is put on "Haunt" and not enough on the regular operating season. I'm with everyone else...use it for a year round attraction or tear it down and put something useful in it's spot.

• Like 8

Based on the interviews I have seen of him, Matt Ouimet did say he would love it if all the major Cedar Fair parks (Kings Island included) had an on-site hotel, campsites, etc. as they have proven to be good money makers at Disney (where Ouimet worked pre-CF) and Cedar Point, but the money to do this for all the parks just is not there right now. However, it could be something we see happen at KI and other large Cedar Fair parks in the future...

We have great wolf lodge walking distance

I wouldn't worry too much about. Like most things in life, "and beyond" only means they'll continue operating the haunt in that building until they find a better use for the building and/or footprint. I'll assume KI has a 5 & 10 year plan. When The Crypt was taken down, it was likely already decided that SOB was to come down, and the 2014 attraction would be going up in its place. May not have been room in KI's budget anytime soon to do something other than the haunt, which by most accounts was very well done. All plans can and will change when something comes along to prompt the change.

Based on the interviews I have seen of him, Matt Ouimet did say he would love it if all the major Cedar Fair parks (Kings Island included) had an on-site hotel, campsites, etc. as they have proven to be good money makers at Disney (where Ouimet worked pre-CF) and Cedar Point, but the money to do this for all the parks just is not there right now. However, it could be something we see happen at KI and other large Cedar Fair parks in the future...

We have great wolf lodge walking distance

Mr. Ouimet is talking about hotels owned by the park/Cedar Fair. Great Wolf Lodge is not owned by Kings Island or Cedar Fair.

A new dark ride in the crypt building would bring in more money than a haunt attraction...

Regardless of what they say, using this massive building for an attraction that only lasts 1-2 months out of an entire season is a waste.

Why are we even talking about the Crypt building in this thread? Perhaps it's time to put things in perspective.

Use as a Haunt facility represents significant value for the park, specifically by:

• Lengthening the park's operating calendar by 30%
  • Selling virtual queuing passes
  • Selling tickets to a themed dining experience
  • Selling photos of groups entering the attraction
  • Eliminating the need to construct a purpose-built structure
  • Like 2