Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

In this pic from coasterfusion it appears that the lift hill, if that's what it is, is headed for Adventure Express. Doesn't make sense to me

I did the math a while back, this is going to put the lift hill at around 150 foot. That falls into the range typically seen on inverts.

I'm torn between an invert and giga. I'd rather see a giga, but an invert would be so nice.

At this point, based on the dual footers, I think giga is out. The dual footers are only seen on the inverts and flyers. For it to be anything else, they would have to be using a completely new way of supporting the track.[/quote

I don't know what it is going to be but if you look at the pov and pictures of leviathan, almost the whole ride uses dual footers. I think it is too soon to tell what type of coaster it will be.

Why are we even talking about the Crypt building in this thread? Perhaps it's time to put things in perspective.

Use as a Haunt facility represents significant value for the park, specifically by:

• Lengthening the park's operating calendar by 30%
  • Selling virtual queuing passes
  • Selling tickets to a themed dining experience
  • Selling photos of groups entering the attraction
  • Eliminating the need to construct a purpose-built structure

Not sure how the Crypt building alone does any of these things. The Crypt building does not lengthen the park's operating calendar by 30%, Halloween Haunt does that, with or without the use of the Crypt building. Yes, using this building would eliminate the need to construct another structure, but wasn't "Haunt" existing before even without the use of this building? My point is that using this building or not using this building isn't going to make or break "Haunt." It will do just as well even when that building is being used as new, season long attraction.

• Like 7

It just doesnt make sense to have a building that is only used for a month out of the year.

Don't forget, the old Crypt building isn't the only building that is only "used" for a month out of the year. Also look at the building for Club Blood, the right side of the Action Theater, the building for Wolf Pack.

Those are only "used" for a month out of the year by guests and those who work Haunt events. During the other months of they year, they serve the purpose of storage.

• Like 1

I don't think they are going to keep the crypt building forever, but for the next, lets say 5 years, yes. It's a great place for haunt, it gives it a purpose rather than just sitting there, and besides as mentioned above they probably don't have the budget to tear it down now anyways.

It just doesnt make sense to have a building that is only used for a month out of the year.

Don't forget, the old Crypt building isn't the only building that is only "used" for a month out of the year. Also look at the building for Club Blood, the right side of the Action Theater, the building for Wolf Pack.

Those are only "used" for a month out of the year by guests and those who work Haunt events. During the other months of they year, they serve the purpose of storage.

I know about those, but for as the Crypt building, there is actually some space back there to add a flat ride or two.

Edit: I'm not saying tear it nown next season, but give it time.

Have no idea what this could mean for the new attraction. Don is throwing us for a loop, pun intended.

On the other hand, I see comedy gold for the 1 sentence story thread!

1004660_218511191629925_652475100_n.jpg

KI Tweeted this picture with the caption: "And then there's Blob"

Got it, the color of the attraction is going to be blue!

What are your thoughts of what this could mean?

• Like 1

And for we flashless souls?

I just did a slide show because there is a bunch (21 in all)....how should I post them?

I have 71 in all from the very beginning....any suggestions?

Edit...Ok I will load each individually, but there will be a bunch....just warning ya'll !

Dark rides are not thrilling, IMO.

Ever been on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal?

That's crazy! Do you (YoungStud) know what a dark ride is? It's not just rides like Peter Pan's Flight at Disney World; Spider-Man at Universal is a dark ride. DINOSAUR at Animal Kingdom is a dark ride. Pretty much every ride at Disney World, Disneyland, and Universal is a dark ride. All of which are great rides, and the best ride I've ever been on is a dark ride.

I know it's your opinion, but I just don't think you know the definition of dark ride.

• Like 8

I'm done....sorry guys it's not working for me tonight...Unless..... someone can access the flash file that I submitted several posts above, and pull the pictures out for everyone to see...you are welcome to do so!!! (hint hint)!

In this pic from coasterfusion it appears that the lift hill, if that's what it is, is headed for Adventure Express. Doesn't make sense to me

I did the math a while back, this is going to put the lift hill at around 150 foot. That falls into the range typically seen on inverts.

I'm torn between an invert and giga. I'd rather see a giga, but an invert would be so nice.

At this point, based on the dual footers, I think giga is out. The dual footers are only seen on the inverts and flyers. For it to be anything else, they would have to be using a completely new way of supporting the track.[/quote

I don't know what it is going to be but if you look at the pov and pictures of leviathan, almost the whole ride uses dual footers. I think it is too soon to tell what type of coaster it will be.

http://rcdb.com/10108.htm?p=37264

At the station and lift hill(and any area where its close to the ground) Leviathan uses single rows of supports, like just about every type of coaster type besides inverts and flyers. The KI project has dual footers through that area... Like inverts and flyers.