Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

j2scvbQ.png

Ok. I found something interesting...for those of you like me who want a B&M giga. I haven't seen this anyway in the topics, so I hope I'm onto something.

I found this on coasterfusion.com. At the base of Leviathan's drop you'll see a large square support which may be consistent with the large squares at KI construction site.

Flight deck is a great coaster. Thanks to its speed it is a much better ride then Iron Dragon. It does not need removed it needs revamped. It has the worse theming of any ride ever. Fighter jets are a plain flat grey, the only color anywhere on the ride is a red stripe on the bottom of the car. Also people I speak with often have no idea it is even back there.

Once his new coaster is up and running thousands of people are going to walk to it, see it has a 2+ hour wait and then just keep right on walking to Flight Deck.

• Like 5

Ya i have ridden Gatekeeper and its a awesome coaster kinda short ride tho, but i think there's an issue were Cedar Fair will not let its other parks outdo the flagship park Cedar Point in terms of records, this coaster being a b&m makes me think that if we were to break a record it would be 200 ft invert coaster, which sounds good to me!

Those days are over. Mr. Kinzel is retired. If those days ever existed. Business is business. Cedar Point is A park in the chain. It is not a sacred cow compared to which the other FUN parks must be humbled. Mr. Ouimet doesn't even live in the parking lot!

anyone going to KI this weekend to get some new pics?

Yes. Someone is.

• Like 11

......Or someone already did. There are wooden poles now all around this area making a "U", as well I saw a footer with a ladder in it. Crazy things are happening there, hopefully we can get an official announcement soon.

I know you guys want to see Flight Deck removed, but me and my family have a lot of memories on that ride. I know life is about change, but seeing Flight Deck/Top Gun removed would be tough to swallow.

That's how I am with Vortex. It's my first coaster (6-8yo). My dad dragged me on it. I lost him 8 years ago. I'd be devastated if Vortex was destroyed. It's because of him that I love riding.

Me with Space Spiral/Disaster Transport/WildCat and all 3 are gone. I don't like looking at pictures of DT in the dismantling process and Space Spiral fenced off, almost glad I was never actually at the park during those times. Thank you grandpa for shoving me onto the rides >_>

• Like 4

j2scvbQ.png

Ok. I found something interesting...for those of you like me who want a B&M giga. I haven't seen this anyway in the topics, so I hope I'm onto something.

I found this on coasterfusion.com. At the base of Leviathan's drop you'll see a large square support which may be consistent with the large squares at KI construction site.

Lets all hope so!

• Like 1

j2scvbQ.png

http://rcdb.com/10108.htm?p=37264

Here is leviathan's station/brake run area. Single rows of footers.

That is true for the brake run and the two single supports under the last turn, but everything else in that picture has two or even three footers for each support point on the track.

Also, in the pages and pages I've read here, I haven't seen anyone mention that the footers for the storage shed show that there will be 3 trains on this B&M.

That is true for the brake run and the two single supports under the last turn, but everything else in that picture has two or even three footers for each support point on the track.

Also, in the pages and pages I've read here, I haven't seen anyone mention that the footers for the storage shed show that there will be 3 trains on this B&M.

Those 2-3 footers you are referring to are like 3 foot apart. The ones on KI14 are like 12 feet apart. Huge difference.

I would expect nothing less than 3 trains on a B&M. One of their biggest plusses for parks with B&M's are they are reliable people eaters and that usually means 3 trains.

matt ouimet stated in a interview that Kings Island has a pretty darn good entrance, if anything it would be to spruce it

Up, at the main gate... it's possible we could see the new coaster do a flyover in Action Zone, which makes me wonder if we could be possibly getting a winged coaster regardless on what Matt stated in a interview.. The storage shed footers have alot of space in between them, does anyone have pictures of the Gatekeeper storage shed footers?

matt ouimet stated in a interview that Kings Island has a pretty darn good entrance, if anything it would be to spruce it

Up, at the main gate... it's possible we could see the new coaster do a flyover in Action Zone, which makes me wonder if we could be possibly getting a winged coaster regardless on what Matt stated in a interview.. Those footers are widely spaced does anyone have pictures of the Gatekeeper storage shed footers?

http://rcdb.com/10891.htm?p=45307

Not a great shot but you can see the single footers on the turnaraound

Heres one that kinda shows the transfer track: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/thumb_Gatekeeper095a.jpg

NVM, heres a construction shot: http://cpfansite.com/files/2013/01/109-2.jpg

Some people may not be as "experienced" as some at investigating the construction of coasters. I for one have never found interest in what the early stages could reveal to us, until now. That's why I'm here.

I'm a coaster rider and I didn't used to pay attention to the mechanics of the ride. So if I sound like I can't let it go, or I appear to be ignoring evidence you know why, now.

Those 2-3 footers you are referring to are like 3 foot apart. The ones on KI14 are like 12 feet apart. Huge difference.

I would expect nothing less than 3 trains on a B&M. One of their biggest plusses for parks with B&M's are they are reliable people eaters and that usually means 3 trains.

Depends on if the crew can keep up. Here at ki I would rather have 2 trains and no mcbr.

I thought the whole B&M Giga hypothesis was debunked a good two hundred pages ago.

What's the evidence against a B&M Giga? Based on the footers, it's already been 100% confirmed to be a B&M, Oumit said that there wouldn't be any new Wing Riders this year. So that leaves with only a few options of coaster types. And I see it MUCH more likely to be a Giga vs an Invert.

• Like 1