Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

At this time of year it's safe to say its going to Kings Island, i remember when Diamondback was built the storage shed was the first to be built and these are supports for that. Expect an announcement within the week.

A week? Your kidding right. Unless the park will announce it without warning one morning I highly doubt that (But this is just my opinion). :unsure:

At this time of year it's safe to say its going to Kings Island, i remember when Diamondback was built the storage shed was the first to be built and these are supports for that. Expect an announcement within a couple weeks.

I still think it's too early. Look for the announcement in late August, like Gatekeeper, and most other announcements.

I thought the whole B&M Giga hypothesis was debunked a good two hundred pages ago.

What's the evidence against a B&M Giga? Based on the footers, it's already been 100% confirmed to be a B&M, Oumit said that there wouldn't be any new Wing Riders this year. So that leaves with only a few options of coaster types. And I see it MUCH more likely to be a Giga vs an Invert.

He said there any new wing coasters for this year... but building one for next year would still fit that statement accurately... Very PR-like statement. Wing-coaster is SUPER possible in my opinion. It just makes sense for the Banshee to be a winged.

At this time of year it's safe to say its going to Kings Island, i remember when Diamondback was built the storage shed was the first to be built and these are supports for that. Expect an announcement within a couple weeks.

I still think it's too early. Look for the announcement in late August, like Gatekeeper, and most other announcements.

Gatekeeper was announced Aug. 13, 2012. last time i checked, the 13th is mid August.

Gatekeeper was announced Aug. 13, 2012. last time i checked, the 13th is mid August.

How long before that did the hints on the website, etc start?

• Like 1

I thought the whole B&M Giga hypothesis was debunked a good two hundred pages ago.

What's the evidence against a B&M Giga? Based on the footers, it's already been 100% confirmed to be a B&M, Oumit said that there wouldn't be any new Wing Riders this year. So that leaves with only a few options of coaster types. And I see it MUCH more likely to be a Giga vs an Invert.

He said there any new wing coasters for this year... but building one for next year would still fit that statement accurately... Very PR-like statement. Wing-coaster is SUPER possible in my opinion. It just makes sense for the Banshee to be a winged.

Wrong that's not what he said at all. He said nothing about this year. I suggest you go back and watch the interview again.

• Like 4

1st time poster here but I've been a regular "guest" since Diamondback's construction began way back in 2008. It's funny because being a Michigander Cedar Point was always my home park, just 2.5 hours away, but the Cedar Fair purchase of KI, the relocation of X-Flight/Firehawk, and the construction of Diamondback drove me to give KI a try. I was amazed! Partially at the amount thought PKI had put into KI's different themes and the atmosphere of the park as a whole, but also the variety of the coasters!

That's leads me to where this coincides with this thread lol, I'm hoping that what ever we get whether B&M (whom I think makes great reliable coasters and honestly if it were my money I'd buy a Beemer!), Intamin (Maverick need I say more?), or Mack (Blue Fire looks amazing just saying'), I just hope KI keeps its theme of being a trendsetter and being 1st at trying new concepts. I like that about KI and I feel like its part of what makes the park successful and so historic. I mean Beast was opened in 1979 and still is the longest wooden coaster in the world, King Cobra and The Bat were inventions ahead of their time, let's keep that going in the parks future. I believe Cedar Fair is in a new era and Mr. Kinzel isn't calling shots, I could see KI becoming the flagship park just due to the sheer size vs. Cedar Point and they already have 15 (soon to be 16) coasters which will tie CP next year. CP will always have a cult following as it's known as "America's RollerCoast" but KI could easily become a fanboy/enthusiast's dream destination with the addition of unique Giga coaster or maybe the first 4D B&M Wing rider. Right now however I am in the Invert crowd only because of the footers but I do believe that could not mean much either and newer inverts have slightly different footers from older ones but the station and transfer tracks look like a for sure thing for now.

• Like 1

If this doesn't work I'm sorry in advance. I'm new to this stuff. Here's a picture of the ladder. Also a picture that I have a question about. What are the things with the vent looking grate on top? I couldn't get a decent shot of the wooden structures they built, otherwise I'd post it. One of them is just to the right of the scarecrow.000.jpgabc.jpg

The B&M plant in batavia is currently making track i drove past it the other day and i saw the track being assembled threw the garage door that was open.... I have a picture of it but I can't figure out how to post it from my ipad... I might drive by again today for a better picture.

Where in Batavia is B&M?

Behind the old Ford plant in Batavia if you know where that is. You can see it from 32 if you look.

If this doesn't work I'm sorry in advance. I'm new to this stuff. Here's a picture of the ladder. Also a picture that I have a question about. What are the things with the vent looking grate on top? I couldn't get a decent shot of the wooden structures they built, otherwise I'd post it. One of them is just to the right of the scarecrow.000.jpgabc.jpg

Those vent grates look as if they're for rainwater drainage system.

• Like 6

Could we be seeing the first hyper invert or maybe a giga invert

My bet is a hyper. I'm not sure what the tallest invert is and I can't find it now, but I'm thinking it's along the lines of 170 feet. I'm probably wrong.