Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

So I'm now up and figured I'd chime in. I have uploaded pictures to view of the construction site with my new phone as I was testing it. Ignore some pictures in there as again testing.

Anyways few new footers being built since I was there last week, and the biggest new development someone touched up on somewhere else, is in the conglomerate of footers in the top left of the site and where the two rectangular footers are there are now "footers" with no studs sticking out it them, just orange "vents." There are quite a few of these out there and I'm not sure as for what

anyways here are the pictures let me know what you think:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bml5rrb1xjahidc/6pM1tY4qv5

The three orange vents are drains, what puzzles me is how close they are....I'm interested because why have three drains so close together, unless there is a large volume of water in the area.

EDIT: BTW - Great pictures!!!

Perhaps a fountain drain? Like to feed water back to a waterfall. Are all those blue PVC pipes still sitting there?

Now I'm day dreaming of riding a coaster as it screams into a tunnel with a waterfall all around the entrance.

Me like!!!! Maybe even a waterfall/cave that goes back into the valley...

Hey this is Cedar Fair we're talking about, don't expect too much theming.

A new boss is in the house....(and he's from Disney...they are the masters of theming.) Even if it is just a themed plaza...that's cool with me...

• Like 3

Yeah I'm not sure why some on here are dissapointed in the possibility of this being an Invert? I mean yeah they're outdated, but they are still fun aren't they? I have a feeling this will be a great addition no matter what and you guys are all going to like this.

• Like 1

I just went to Kings Island with my friends that work rides. They don't know for sure what this ride is going to be, but they seem to have heard a lot of rumors. They do know the announcement date. I'm not going to be the one to spill, though. Sorry, but I have to watch their backs. I will tell you that there may or may not be a day this summer that this project is announced. Plus, if the rumors they are hearing are true, many of you will be correct. Maybe even all of you. If they are true, this will be insane. As for me, I'm peacing out. Cya!

• Like 2

That is true but remember his interview, his ideas are on placement. Sure I expect the same as you do coming from Disney, but he has gone with a very generic company to be honest, except when it comes to Haunt. Now could he change the theme perspective? Sure, infact I see him doing major differences very soon from the latter era. Some of the first non paint theme pieces to Soak City came a few weeks ago, can you find them yourself?

• Like 1

Interestingly....several years ago I remember Jeff Seibert mentioning that they had hired a former Disney employee who was responsible for some of the design for Boomerang Bay and on a pre opening tour of Boomerang Bay, Jeff described some of the Disney techniques that were being utilized there...

I wonder who the former Disney employee was if he is still working at Cedar Fair?

• Like 1

That does seem like a lot of storm sewer inlet boxes in a small area. I suspect there will be a large amount of imprevious surface in that area. Looks like they have it going to that headwall structure they built at the y in the service road that goes between the old king cobra pilings. I am surprised that with all the deconstruction last fall, that if they knew they were building in that area, and had the crews, they didnt take those old cobra pilings, i suspect they are pretty hefty and deep if they didnt wanna mess with them.

We will know more here in the next few weeks, and hopefully get to see first hand in January.

• Like 3

So I'm now up and figured I'd chime in. I have uploaded pictures to view of the construction site with my new phone as I was testing it. Ignore some pictures in there as again testing.

Anyways few new footers being built since I was there last week, and the biggest new development someone touched up on somewhere else, is in the conglomerate of footers in the top left of the site and where the two rectangular footers are there are now "footers" with no studs sticking out it them, just orange "vents." There are quite a few of these out there and I'm not sure as for what

anyways here are the pictures let me know what you think:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bml5rrb1xjahidc/6pM1tY4qv5

The three orange vents are drains, what puzzles me is how close they are....I'm interested because why have three drains so close together, unless there is a large volume of water in the area.

EDIT: BTW - Great pictures!!!

I agree the amount of drains is interesting. I'm not thinking its going to be a lake or anything like that as the drains are the same height as the footers around the drains. If it was going to be a water feature, they would be lower so that the supports and bolts wouldn't be under water. The only thing I can come up with is(and I can't tell the location from those pics, so I may be wrong), but maybe thats the station area and is all going to be under concrete and they just need a place for roof drains and other rainwater to get out. Still seems like a lot of drains for that like mullimann said, but you start getting engineers involved and you can start having excessive things added to projects.

• Like 1

When I see that I think of maybe a little fountain out by the entry plaza. Now that would be awesome. The sign could be in the middle of the fountain.

Now you are talking.....THAT IS THEMING! Doesn't have to be animatronics....something as simple as a fountain or a gargoyle statue!

• Like 2

I think the drains are for a splash down but when you splash down you are upside down.

Wow!....I'd have to jump like a rollercoaster tycoon peep at the entrance and say "Coaster 1 is too intense for me"

How come it couldn't be done. The track would be underneath you like a normal b&m splash down. Only the car would be upside down. Also if this is rumored to be above 200ft the splash down would act as sort of a brake.

I am of the opinion, especially now, that this is almost certainly an invert. The details of which we are unlikely know until it goes vertical. I am extremely curious about the name and theme now. Many of the clues (owl, scarecrow, Steve Miller Band quote from "Fly Like an Eagle") point towards flight/birds. Other clues (bone-chilling screams, Banshee trademark information, the creepy scarecrows, no camping) make me think scary theme. Now there is discussion about possible water features and the blue supports (possibly for KI)... Hmmm.

I think the drains are for a splash down but when you splash down you are upside down.

Wow!....I'd have to jump like a rollercoaster tycoon peep at the entrance and say "Coaster 1 is too intense for me"

How come it couldn't be done. The track would be underneath you like a normal b&m splash down. Only the car would be upside down. Also if this is rumored to be above 200ft the splash down would act as sort of a brake.

Didn't say that it couldn't...and I'm sure someday it could.....just too intense for Mr. Poo Pants (me)!