Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'm sorry to ask this but I don't have time to rea through 200 pages of information as I have just joined KIC. What are the chances it will be a giga?

The chances for it being a giga are good, until they announce it's not a giga.

As someone else said, the evidence is increasingly against a giga, but it still can't be ruled out completely.

So my phone does something pretty neat. the HTC one has this slideshow movie thing it makes for each photo album thing and just had it there and if you want it, it creates it. So I let it go its thing and this is what I got, actually impressed.

http://db.tt/sNVVUVZz

I think the most confusing hint for me so far has been the allusion that the ride will go round and round. (I've read that several times now.) I understand the up and down part, but....how is it going to go round and round? Will it be a spinning coaster? Perhaps a 4D coaster with cars that turn you forward or backward? I'm lost.

I know someone said something about Patrick Michaels new video, what about his new profile pic

I saw that a couple of weeks ago. The picture is so small it's hard to say if it's legit or not, though I highly doubt it. I tried everything I could to zoom in and make it clearer, but it only made it too blurry. There appears to be an outline of a partial layout, but it's just too faint to make out. The only thing that's kinda sharp is the partial layout of Adventure Express. Based on the faint outline showing in the construction zone, it appears as though the lifthill heads toward AE, and then curves to the right where it might be assumed to drop and then go into an Immelman/dive loop, or overbanked curve, before heading out toward the valley (presumably under the lifthill.) Then again, it could be the wrinkles in the paper which make it look like that.

My guess is that it's just a drawing of his own interpretation based on the locations of the current footers which are in place.

The boards run high in a place of heat upstop, grilling, being board to death really. Meanwhile if we get a new system, I would like to see a mister effect on the sign.

I'm confused...is this a clue to what has changed in theming in Soak City?

Has anyone driven by bm to see I the blue track is still there today

Yes.

I always wanted to do that.

Some do that often, common place here on KIC. I got to go on a nature trail today!

The boards run high in a place of heat upstop, grilling, being board to death really. Meanwhile if we get a new system, I would like to see a mister effect on the sign.

I'm confused...is this a clue to what has changed in theming in Soak City?

What's changed over there?

A few pages back some of you were saying that having a water fountain with the ride name on it would be awesome. Well, meet Leviathan's plaza!

800px-Leviathan_station_and_plaza.jpg

There you go....excellent theming!

If they put that in I would personally go up and hug Don and Greg. I think that is beautiful. I bet we will see a very nice entry plaza either way.
  • Like 2

Has anyone driven by bm to see I the blue track is still there today

That was not track, it was maintenance area supports.

It most likely is still there being a weekend and all.

I would assume that where ever it is going, it will be headed that way this week.

If it is indeed for KI, then I think we could see vertical construction as early as next week.

Also, the first track installed on Diamondback was the actual sliding transfer section. I actually was at the park the day they installed it.

You guys have to also remember that not all the footers were poured when Daimondback's train maintenance started to go vertical.

3814ues3jo8p1bee22eg00.jpg

This photo was taken on 8/13/2008, and is the first vertical structure of the ride. Notice that while track is onsite, the sliding transfer section is not yet installed.

However, we are only 5 days behind the first documented days of track being onsite.

7/22/2008 is the earliest listed on RCDB's Diamondback page.

The photos could have been taken prior to the dates on RCDB, but it should give a rough estimate.

The longest part of coaster construction, is preparing the land.

The drains could be in the queue area, or ride plaza.

Gatekeeper's plaza is very nice, I think we can see something just as nice here at KI.

• Like 5