Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Do you have to be invited to go to the official announcement?

If it is announced on a day the park is open and in a public place, it's open to all visitors. If it is announced that media only are invited....well unless you are a part of a media outlet...no.....Most of the time the park wants word of mouth advertising so it's done with fanfare to current park guests....they will announce to us when they are ready if we are allowed to be there.

• Like 9

Thought some might be interested in a Bat Pov since the topic came up.

Thank you for that. I remember the swing of the cars as they rounded corners.

I seem to misremember the hydraulic hiss being louder, and with POVs, they focus straight ahead. With The Bat, there were times when you looked sideways out of the car, and found yourself looking down onto the trees, realizing how high up you were.

• Like 3

The Bat returns?

Scarecrows………keep birds away

owls………………..scary theme

no camping………… campers have been warned by bats when camping

bone chilling screams…… bats have been known to screech like a Banshee

paranormal…………… whats more paranormal than bats

The Bat is back!?

• Like 4

On the subject of inverted coasters, and B&M's in general...

A lot of B&M's I have ridden lately are changing to these new restraints.

ipi26clkko0as0019sn0su.jpg

They are a bit smaller, a different material, and seem to be the answer to the older ones being vandalized.

Montu and Kumba both, as of last December had these restraints installed on 2 each of their trains. One train still had the original restraints.

Georgia Scorcher and Chang-O-Lantern also have new restraints made of the same material.

I wonder if our possible B&M whatever it may be will have the new restraints.

• Like 1

Some people considered sob a backbreaker. It set records. However it was my all time favorite coaster. King da ka is a record breaker and I'm sure it is not a back breaker. Nothing wrong with either rough rides or record breakers. Or both

I would like to see gate keeper vest restraints on the new invert.

They are horrible, aren't they?

I didnt think they were

I have a long upper torso and the restraints press again my collar bones. And as the ride makes it's course the restraints seem to tighten slightly.

• Like 1

I'm going to go ahead and say this is going to be a winged coaster named "Banshee" because of The Bat reference.

EDIT: and because of the fact that Cedar Fair seems to like all their parks to be similar.

Another problem with the restraints that come over the shoulders is for some of us taller people it crams you down in your seat and you can't get proper fit in relation to your body. Every though Vortex is not an invert I have this issue there. As well as some issues on Invertigo. I'm too tall now to get on Delirium at all

I'm going to go ahead and say this is going to be a winged coaster named "Banshee" because of The Bat reference.

EDIT: and because of the fact that Cedar Fair seems to like all their parks to be similar.

For the 100th time: Mr. Oiumet (Cedar Fair's new CEO) has stated that there are no other wing coasters on the menu. He also stated he wants each park to be unique. What you stated is what the old CEO was doing. Here's the interview during Gatekeeper's opening:

• Like 6