Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

@dwitb. Four times

How many times does FoF invert? Twice?

Four. Three at the very beginning and one at the very end.

Really? The part after the launch is so confusing to me. I knew it inverted at the very beginning and very end, but I didn't know it did 4 times.

Kingda Ka also was also broken down on opening day a lot more than SheiKra which opened on the same day!

Really? Kingda Ka had far less downtime on its opening day than did Chang or Top Thrill Dragster or Son of Beast. I could go on...

Terp, who rode Kingda Ka multiple dozens of times that splendid New Jersey day...

• Like 2

@dwitb. Four times

Really? The part after the launch is so confusing to me. I knew it inverted at the very beginning and very end, but I didn't know it did 4 times.

Yes. The first time I rode it, I thought it only inverted once at the end. The first three happen so fast with you plastered to your seat that you basically have to know they're there to recognize that you're upside down.

@dwitb. Four times

I thought it was just a corkscrew and a cobra roll?

Here's a POV of Joker's Jinx, filmed by the Discovery Channel (so it's legal), which is essentially a bigger outdoor version of Flight of Fear. The inversions are a cobra roll (2), a sidewinder, and a corkscrew.

Seriously, for those of you wondering about coaster facts and stuff, rcdb.com will blow your mind.

Edited by silver2005
  • Like 5

I'm going to go ahead and say this is going to be a winged coaster named "Banshee" because of The Bat reference.

EDIT: and because of the fact that Cedar Fair seems to like all their parks to be similar.

For the 100th time: Mr. Oiumet (Cedar Fair's new CEO) has stated that there are no other wing coasters on the menu. He also stated he wants each park to be unique. What you stated is what the old CEO was doing. Here's the interview during Gatekeeper's opening:

Sorry, I never saw that interview.

A sidewinder is a half loop followed by a half corkscrew. Its kind of like an Immelman, but the exiting of the element is much higher. Anaconda's second inversion is another good example. If it does the half corkscrew first, its a reverse sidewinder, which a good example of that is SFoG's Ninja's 3rd inversion.

• Like 1

An invert for KI makes the park unique?

I think he was referring to ride placement, like for example having Gatekeeper fly over the main gate of Cedar Point. Maybe our coaster will do something spectacular over Action Zone, like have a cobra roll or a batwing (that flies underground) placed where the water tower used to be if it's an invert.

Matt Ouimet wouldn't lie about Winged Coasters going to other parks. He could have easy dodged the question or given a vague answer. I honestly think no means no.

I don't think that Don posted about The Bat for no reason. It's not a Winged Coaster, but what other types of coasters are Kings Island lacking that could have you flying though the air like a bat?

• Like 10

An invert for KI makes the park unique?

I think he was referring to ride placement, like for example having Gatekeeper fly over the main gate of Cedar Point. Maybe our coaster will do something spectacular over Action Zone, like have a cobra roll placed where the water tower used to be if it's an invert.

I think that's exactly one of the elements....at least some sort of element right there.

I'm not trying to play forum police here, so I hope certain members won't bash me over the head for posting this. I wonder if maybe KIC needs to institute a rule requiring everyone to read through an entire thread first before commenting.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say the issue of Project 2014 being a wing coaster is a dead one. This has been discussed over and over already: it is NOT going to be a wing coaster. PLEASE....watch this video and pay particular attention to what Matt Ouimet says starting at timestamp 2:15.

P.S. I guess I need to take my own advice and read through all the posts first before leaving responses. I see Beastmaster already posted this video. I'm sorry, dude....I'm a bit slow in reading this evening.

• Like 6

I don't think it's a winged but pay close attention to 2:03:

Interviewer says, "If this were to be a success would you see this as something like that being replicated to other amusement parks in the chain?"

Ouimet says, "Yeah, clearly that's the case..."

Again, I do not think it's a winged.

Interviewer says, "If this were to be a success would you see this as something like that being replicated to other amusement parks in the chain?"

What were you expecting him to say? "Nah bro, we'd ignore the success and move on." :rolleyes:

What were you expecting him to say? "Nah bro, we'd ignore the success and move on." :rolleyes:

No, I'd expect him to say, "If we see the success that we hope to see out of Gatekeeper, we would consider adding them to other parks." Or something to that effect. He has to be careful with what he says. He's the CEO. Again, there could be more winged coasters on the docket for other properties but for now no means no.

• Like 2

I would like to see gate keeper vest restraints on the new invert.

They are horrible, aren't they?

I didnt think they were

I have a long upper torso and the restraints press again my collar bones. And as the ride makes it's course the restraints seem to tighten slight

I would like to see Gatekeeper vest restraints on a invert as well but I do have the same problem with them tightening during the ride and hurting my collar bones.