Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Just for the record: I really, really hope that you guys who are talking about going up to the B&M Plant and hiding until a Semi truck leaves with track/supports are just joking. I really, really hope that was just a joke. We already apparently got flak from the recent trespassing incident, and if that happens again...KIC's rep could go down the toilet. :wacko: (Not that I have any clue if that person was a KIC member or not)

You can have a snickers party though, just stay on your own property and don't trespass...

Of course! I'm 2 hours away, have small kids, and I have school tomorrow. I wouldn't do something so stupid and lose my platinums.

Or even be arrested

Are you saying it's worse to lose your platinum pass than to be arrested??

Just for the record: I really, really hope that you guys who are talking about going up to the B&M Plant and hiding until a Semi truck leaves with track/supports are just joking. I really, really hope that was just a joke. We already apparently got flak from the recent trespassing incident, and if that happens again...KIC's rep could go down the toilet. :wacko: (Not that I have any clue if that person was a KIC member or not)

You can have a snickers party though, just stay on your own property and don't trespass...

Of course! I'm 2 hours away, have small kids, and I have school tomorrow. I wouldn't do something so stupid and lose my platinums.

Or even be arrested

Are you saying it's worse to lose your platinum pass than to be arrested??

Yes, that's exactly it.

Diamondback was August 8th, 2008. I'm expecting a similar announcement date for Project 2014, to be honest.

"There may not be a day this summer that we announce what we're building for the future."

Perhaps Fire-Beast-OF FEAR is on to something. What if Don's quote implies an announcement date coinciding with another attraction's anniversary from a previous summer?

Corny, I suppose, but it beats Intamin vs. B&M debate.

Here's my opinion...

Owls come out at night. I assume a Banshee would come out at night. Bats come out at night (if there is in fact any correlation with "Banshee" and The Bat as hypothesized by some according to Don's tweet).

So, I guessing the reveal is going to be at night during summer opposed to after summer.

Can we not post on this topic unless someone has something new to say? Something with meaning? I don't want to miss anything but I keep reading the same crap everyday? Someone please start a new topic of importance and not to post us all in circles please! This has become what we all know as a circle topic that is going ??? In circles!

• Like 3

Dear KIC members discussing sneaking into the park via the underneath of a flatbed... Do we seriously have that bad of a memory that we can't remember what happened just a week ago?

Do not ever. And I mean EVER. try to sneak into Kings Island, the park we all dearly love. Do

NOT try to board a flat bed to try to figure out where it's going. LEAVE IT ALONE. We will all find out in due time.

That is all. Good night and sweet dreams...in your own bed please.

It was a joke. Just a joke. No harm, no foul.
NO.

With all due respect, the recent unpleasantness started with what some read as a "joke." A "joke" that resulted in an alleged trespass by one or more others, after which a KIC event was "postponed."

Things are just now getting better.

"Jokes" about trespassing have NO place here.

Period.

And yes, it's been said

It CANNOT be emphasized enough. Even joking about trespassing is not something that KIC can or will tolerate.

• Like 21

I was at Kings Island the other day, and the teaser signs had tape over a previous quote on the teaser like the prop has been used before.

We figured out a long time ago that there was a spelling error when the signs were first printed out.

• Like 3

Can we not post on this topic unless someone has something new to say? Something with meaning? I don't want to miss anything but I keep reading the same crap everyday? Someone please start a new topic of importance and not to post us all in circles please! This has become what we all know as a circle topic that is going ??? In circles!

You should know by now that this board is very good at circumlocution.

Quote @kingsislandpr

"Spending the night doing some arts and crafts"

designing the website for tomorrows announcemet? (;

Remember... a few weeks before big announcements, both Cedar Point and Kings Island are known for their Media Invitations... Giant, tagged bolt for Diamondback, Moonshine Bottle in "wooden" trunk for Shoot the Rapids, and "Wanted" posters for Maverick have all made it to my desk.

• Like 1

Not trying to suggest anything to anyone here, but does CSW have no trespassing signs posted? I own a business and we had a discussion with out security in the past(off duty police) about trespassing and if its not posted or you are not told directly, its not a criminal act. Again, I'm not suggesting anyone go on their property, just curious if they have anything posted.

I've never driven past their plant (well actually I have, but at the time I had no idea they made roller coaster track so it was just another bulding along route 32) so I'm not sure what their exact setup is, signage, etc...

but....if you look at bing maps or google maps, there appears to be a large area behind their plan for storage. I can't remember if that area is fenced off or not. The front and side of their building is not fenced off in any means (unless things have changed since Bing/google updated their last images), and if you go into street view, you can see track (obviously this was some time ago) being stored out in front. I don't know if its technically tresspassing or not to pull into their parking lot and snap a few pictures (or even look outside your car as you circle around to get back on the road), but it doesn't appear (again from a google/bing maps point of view) that CSF is doing anything to deter people from entering their parking lot, a place where they have stored track/supports in prior years.

From a common sense point of view, I look at as being similar to where I work. Anyone could pull into our front parking lot or side of our building and take pictures (not that there is anything interesting) and I doubt there is much we could do to prevent them, however there is a large fenced off area behind our building that if someone were to enter that area, it would definently be tresspassing (and well its fenced off b/c our security cameras have caught people in the past trying to pilfer copper and what not back there). Personally, while I'm relatively close to CSF, I don't travel that way very often and I"m not going to go out of my way just to see if there might be track in the area. I'll eventually know what the ride is when everyone else knows. Anyone considering entering their parking lot and snapping pictures should know that ignorance of the law (whatever the law would state under the circumstances I've described) does not prevent penalties for breaking said laws.

Quote @kingsislandpr

"Spending the night doing some arts and crafts"

designing the website for tomorrows announcemet? (;

Remember... a few weeks before big announcements, both Cedar Point and Kings Island are known for their Media Invitations... Giant, tagged bolt for Diamondback, Moonshine Bottle in "wooden" trunk for Shoot the Rapids, and "Wanted" posters for Maverick have all made it to my desk.

I was going to say something similar (not that KI is going to send me a promotional item), but don't expect a revealing of the project this week. At most an announcement of the announcement would be coming, but one key item in marketing/PR, make sure you get as big a bang as possible for any large announcement. They're not going to reveal the ride in the middle of the night on twitter, they're going to make sure news sources, coaster groups, etc... are all aware several days, if not weeks prior to the announcement so they can get as many people covering the announcement as possible.

• Like 6

Holy guacamole, this thread can go off on a tangent. You see what happens when I take myself a nice little mini vacation to Cedar Point for the weekend. That was a lot of pages to read through, and quite frankly I'm surprised I read through ever one of them. That's all I have for now.

PS - for your viewing pleasure my post from the "temporary" thread for those of you that missed it. It will at least get us back on topic......again:

Tuskin, on 26 Jul 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:snapback.png

OK lets try to get back on topic of "Decoding" this is getting a tad ridiculous.

For your viewing pleasure, a picture with some colors :P
n5eo.jpg
This decode is going to be based off of my thinking of the ride being an Invert. Not that I want an invert specifically but that's my personal opinion on what it is. That said I am going to try to decode some of the things I see. Yet, to this point, I have not gone into detail about decoding what I see. Consider this my first attempt.

Color Black:
This to me can be nothing but the station/transfer track area. I can see no other reason so many foots would be placed so close together in a line next to each other. I think this can be 100% confirmed and deemed a dead topic of decoding.

Color Orange:
I believe this to be the start of the lift hill. If you look at any other inverted coaster, if this is in fact an inverted coaster, the footprint of the invert for the bottom of the lift hill are all very similar to this. If this is not the lift hill then my entire theory is thrown out the window.

Color Yellow:
This is something, I and many others, brought up about the clearing of trees next to Adventure Express' entrance line. Now this could be strictly maintenance purposes but its something intriguing to say the least. I'll leave this as a mystery for now.

Color Blue:
This to me seems like the track will trail off down in the valley and return back to the station/transfer track from the valley. I think it will run through the valley giving some good, land hugging, experiences throughout. It will have one special effect but I feel this will mostly be land hugging of the coaster, while I feel the flips/loops/corkscrews/barrel rows and what have you, will be near or around the lift hill/entrance.

Color Green:
The 3 triangle footers in this are are interesting to me. I am still unsure about this. I feel they could be used for multiple things. Perhaps, the lift hill does a turn bank back towards Delirium as has been stated before, but if that's the case what are the other 2 for? Perhaps a helix that was also stated but this is something we should be trying to decode if anything. "What those 3 giant triangles are for". Another thing to take into consideration is what if the left hill goes up then does a turn and goes up again. Now I realize that may sounds like the Roller Coaster Tycoon talking in me, and granted its probably a little bit true, but I don't see why that couldn't happen here either. If that does happen however my theory is once again out the window as it would probably then being making a left turn to go out towards the valley. Hmmm....

Color Purple:
This as has been stated before will probably be a turn back. I will not dive deeper into this as I don't see enough evidence for anything but that at this point.

All in all, I am probably not even close, but I wanted to get us back on the actually reason this thread was even created. "Decoding"

Cheers
Tusk

silver2005, on 26 Jul 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:snapback.png

If you have the lift going that way and only having the top of the lift be before it gets to Adventure Express, it'd either have to be a REALLY steep lift to get to a decent height, or it would be a small lift other wise, probably barely 100 ft tall. If you go out further than that, you start to get over the Oktoberfest paths and possibly out into the lake, not the best place to put a first drop on a ride. The first drop going to the right would also come awefully close to Sling Shot. I imagine there has to be some room around it to give way for if the pod swings around when its bouncing around. I also can't see a big element that close to Delirium either, especially on a side where it's actually swinging through.

Secondly, the footers in line with those 2 parallel footers don't look like lift supports. We should be seeing parallel footers all the way down in a straight line from that point, which there are none. They're all scattered in more random patterns plus you have all those triangle footers which look like they'll have 3 supports in them. On B&M's, those are used either for lower track with a triple support to handle the higher speeds, or its a point where supports from multiple angles come in an converge, indicating it'll be a more twisted and compact area. I think that will be the end of the ride, not the beginning.

Tuskin, on 26 Jul 2013 - 1:06 PM, said:snapback.png

^While you make valid points, I disagree with your lift hill. If you look at the long rectangular cement footer I pointed to in Orange, most inverted coaster lift hills you look at start with the same (or very similar) 2 rectangular pattern. Why would you need such a heavy duty footer for the turn into the transfer track/station? That just doesn't make any sense. Based off this alone I think this is the start of the lift hill.

Edit - for spelling

• Like 1

Not for sure if anyone said this but if u look on scream scape there are the transfer track out and the track us... A invert, the color is blue, the inky thing is where is this going to ki or another park!!

Dear KIC members discussing sneaking into the park via the underneath of a flatbed... Do we seriously have that bad of a memory that we can't remember what happened just a week ago?

Do not ever. And I mean EVER. try to sneak into Kings Island, the park we all dearly love. Do

NOT try to board a flat bed to try to figure out where it's going. LEAVE IT ALONE. We will all find out in due time.

That is all. Good night and sweet dreams...in your own bed please.

It was a joke. Just a joke. No harm, no foul.
NO.

With all due respect, the recent unpleasantness started with what some read as a "joke." A "joke" that resulted in an alleged trespass by one or more others, after which a KIC event was "postponed."

Things are just now getting better.

"Jokes" about trespassing have NO place here.

Period.

And yes, it's been said

It CANNOT be emphasized enough. Even joking about trespassing is not something that KIC can or will tolerate.

Again, I didn't start the topic. I don't understand why people want to "attack" me. How about a lecture to person who did start it. I've defended myself already. I've explained that I would never do such a stupid thing. Can we move on from this and leave it alone?

Now, lets get back to decoding....

• Like 1