Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

but they also have the STOP option to remove you so people could join just for the "announcement" and leave after or stay

The option to stop receiving messages is a legal requirement, under the CAN-SPAM Act.

Either way, none of this is related to decoding anything, and as I'm new here I would rather like to avoid the ire of the more estabished members by delving to deeply into the legal ramifications of a topic of small importance.

The park has an opportunity to obtain personal information from thousands of people that can be used to dissiminate promotional material for the park. I would very highly doubt they would use it to discreetly inform guests on a "secret location" as this sets them up for a tremendous embarrassment if very few guests show up. It would be much more likely that media outlets will begin receiving invitations from the park, and a physical clock as well as a digital countdown will inform the proletariat when they should expect an announcement (that's what will happen)

• Like 1

but they also have the STOP option to remove you so people could join just for the "announcement" and leave after or stay

The option to stop receiving messages is a legal requirement, under the CAN-SPAM Act.

Either way, none of this is related to decoding anything, and as I'm new here I would rather like to avoid the ire of the more estabished members by delving to deeply into the legal ramifications of a topic of small importance.

The park has an opportunity to obtain personal information from thousands of people that can be used to dissiminate promotional material for the park. I would very highly doubt they would use it to discreetly inform guests on a "secret location" as this sets them up for a tremendous embarrassment if very few guests show up. It would be much more likely that media outlets will begin receiving invitations from the park, and a physical clock as well as a digital countdown will inform the proletariat when they should expect an announcement (that's what will happen)

i see your point but i was just thinking of this as an idea and it could happen it could not. They said we would be the first to know if we were in the KIClub so i figures it could have something to do with maybe an early announcement before the big one or maybe they text hints as we get closer to the announcement i am pretty sure they will do something with the texting service they set up and if they don't you would have proved me wrong.

Hi everyone, long time reader, even had another username that I've since forgotten the info for. Any way, while perusing visitkingsisland.com I took a look at the Site Map and came across a link that said Gforcify. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/gforcify/ The page doesn't load anything other thank the typical KI menu bar at the top of the page but the Header says "I just g-forcified myself." Is this something that's been used in the past that I've just never noticed and been abandoned or could this be something brand new?

• Like 5

Gforcify has been there (on the site map) for years. Ever since they released this site format, essentially. It was like the Conjure Evil app on the Haunt site last year. Allow it access to your webcam or provide a picture and it manipulates your mouth to look like you're on a really fast coaster. It basically looks like you're holding a leaf blower to your mouth.

Nothing to see there folks...carry on.

• Like 5

Please pass the whiskey.

I'm old enough, and I think I need a drink.

I just got home from work. It took a whole pack of Marlboro's and 3 shots of whiskey to read what I missed.

Anyways.... I saw bats at work last night. Lots of them! Maybe I was just dreaming but I could of sworn they were screeching like Banshees as they flew off into the cornfield.

• Like 9

I should have picked a better night to join KIC...don't lump me in with that crowd, my spelling and grammar is considerably better.

And I'll form coherent thoughts that don't sound like the ramblings of an immigrant

• Like 12

BREAKING NEWS:

I was just taking a look at the Kings Island website and when you type in https://www.visitkingsisland.com/2014, you get the 404 error. Also, https://www.visitkingsisland.com/Banshee gives you the same error. Type in anything else and you get a redirect back to the homepage....look for the 404 error to be replaced with something soon!!! :lol:

• Like 1

August 3, 9:44:5

You do realize that August 3 is Saturday...IMO, that's some pretty bad PR/marketing to announce a major attraction on the weekend.

Perhaps season passes for 2014 go on sale on Aug 3, for $94.45

Oh, and the website is working for me, see nothing special up there other than the ticket deal/susan G Komen ad.

Just my way of saying "Welcome to KIC!"

B)

BOT:

I still remember "Good Morning, America" doing its piece on the DB announcement. One commentator quipped "How big do they gotta make these things?" There was some good nationwide exposure during the "rapids" of the 24-hour news cycle. A weekend announcement would seem, therefore, to be reserved for a lesser-anticipated scale of attraction, imho.