Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Okay I've got to say this because this stuff has been brought up numerous times.

Just because you see something on Twitter doesn't mean it's true. Rather, just because you see something on the internet, that doesn't mean it's true. You have to check the sources. Just because said @wesisrad user said there was a teaser and has been talking to @coasterrumors doesn't mean that they know what's going on. From further inspection, @wesisrad isn't a verified source nor a official twitter for anything. Neither is @coasterrumors.

Upon further inspection, Coaster Rumors has a link on their twitter account for their website: http://coasterrumors.blogspot.com/ which is simply a blog that features parody "news stories." So I ask, are they reliable? NO!

Can we stop linking them on here as a source of info that's not even info?

Again, please please please please please....did I say please? check your references before posting them and believing that they're the absolute truth.

• Like 5

Just wondering. Is there a reason many inverts don't have steeper drops. I'm guessing it has something to do with the stress on the track at the bottom of the drop. I agree with Youngstud that if it is an invert I'd like to see something with a steep drop. A +150ft 90 degree first drop on an invert now that would be awesome. Or does this already exist?

Okay I've got to say this because this stuff has been brought up numerous times.

Just because you see something on Twitter doesn't mean it's true. Rather, just because you see something on the internet, that doesn't mean it's true. You have to check the sources. Just because said @wesisrad user said there was a teaser and has been talking to @coasterrumors doesn't mean that they know what's going on. From further inspection, @wesisrad isn't a verified source nor a official twitter for anything. Neither is @coasterrumors.

Upon further inspection, Coaster Rumors has a link on their twitter account for their website: http://coasterrumors.blogspot.com/ which is simply a blog that features parody "news stories." So I ask, are they reliable? NO!

Again, please please please please please....did I say please? check your references before posting them and believing that they're the absolute truth.

I accept your criticism and apologize for my inaccurate posts. You are correct when you say that not everything on the Internet is true. I should look and see if the sources I am using to decode are verified or true before I post them.

• Like 5

I accept your criticism and apologize for my inaccurate posts. You are correct when you say that not everything on the Internet is true. I should look and see if the sources I am using to decode are verified or true before I post them.

Thank you. Wise words, and ones that should be heeded by any/all here.

• Like 3

Anyone think whatever is for the new ride may be in The Crypt's building?

So why would they be pouring footers in a different area?

Yes to quote you and YoungStud hit the nail on the head. There's a big building not currently being used, big enough to store track, supports, and what have you.

Just popped into my mind earlier while reading this here forum...

Nothing new don was just tricking us.

I highly doubt that's the case. On the contrary, I think it's the people who read more into his tweets than they should who are tricking themselves.

• Like 5

Staging, mobe and demobe are huge costs in construction projects. No contractor is going to use The Crypt building to store 2014 materials. Lack of access, haul costs, security. There are hundreds of reasons this makes no sense. It'd be like storing cups for Kings Island LaRosa's at Coney of Ohio. It could be done, but it's too expensive and makes no sense.

• Like 6

Hey guys I found a picture that might be the logo for the new ride

ygegadu9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That's a logo for a metal band called Banshee. I've seen it before.

Actually, it's the logo to one of Netherworld's (based in Atlanta, GA) haunted attractions called Banshee:

http://www.fearworld.com/haunts.php

I was waiting for someone to bring this up as someone on here has said logo as their profile picture.

• Like 2

Just wondering. Is there a reason many inverts don't have steeper drops. I'm guessing it has something to do with the stress on the track at the bottom of the drop. I agree with Youngstud that if it is an invert I'd like to see something with a steep drop. A +150ft 90 degree first drop on an invert now that would be awesome. Or does this already exist?

Wicked Twister...

• Like 1

While we're on the subject of things never seen on an inverted coaster, look at this piece of brilliant concept art:

arrowbatic.jpg

For a supposed inverted wild mouse coaster Arrow was developing.

Maybe we'll see something like this for 2014...?

Maybe...?

Ah, who am I kidding. Of course not.

• Like 1

Banshee sounds so sexist...like 'ban her' or something. I see a lawsuit.

I desperately want to think this is a joke

One would be wise to suppose that.

I kind of assumed as much, however, with the nonsense that takes over this thread late at night...assuming would be very unwise

• Like 1

Drove past CSF a few moments ago....

It appears that the flatbed trailer with blue supports are still out front.

Inside, I noticed what appeared to be LARGE supports. Probably about the size of Diamondback or Leviathan's tallest, in terms of thickness.

I did not take photos as I just drove past and got a glance. The doors were open and people were still working at around 6:30pm when I passed by.

• Like 4

So, what happened to the coaster Twisted Sisters when the band Twisted Sister objected?A band called Banshee.Imagine that.

If you mean the name then it was renamed to Twisted Twins.

FoF96". Who lives in Louisville.

EDIT: rethorical question...