Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I'm going to go all Terpy on you all.

What if all of the clues you've been given or have found are just a diversion? The similarities from the Original Beast sign to the signs we see on the fence....what if that's just a diversion?

What if the clues aren't really clues at all?

Then I am still in the same place. If they are clues, I have no idea what it is. If they aren't clues, I have no idea what it is, but I had fun trying to figure it out, and I learned a few things along the way.

• Like 1

What if all of the clues you've been given or have found are just a diversion?

Many here have spoken about the wall with the poster talking about being filmed, etc. Many here have talked about tweets that may be clues.

I could also be talking about future clues. Who knows.

Here's some speculation, which may or may not be a red fish.

Gatekeeper was never intended for Cedar Point.

What does KI need?

Something reliable.

A dippin dots guy info stand?

Tusk - who, really, just laughed at himself.

• Like 9

I took it as ki quoting the att commercial with the young kids.

Which one? There's several of those commercials, and I find them all equally annoying. :P

I agree with tjpavlik, though. The Gold Pass deadline is approaching.

Edited by jcgoble3

I believe KI just showed their hand.

I have never revealed my hand when KI speculation is running rampant... but there's a first time for everything.

So here goes...

I firmily believe KI will be installing it's own version of Wonderland's Leviathan for 2014.

There, I've said it. It's a 300+ foot B&M. If it's anything else, then you can all laugh and point... but IMO the writing is on the wall.

Shaggy

• Like 16

I believe KI just showed their hand.

I have never revealed my hand when KI speculation is running rampant... but there's a first time for everything.

So here goes...

I firmily believe KI will be installing it's own version of Wonderland's Leviathan for 2014.

There, I've said it. It's a 300+ foot B&M. If it's anything else, then you can all laugh and point... but IMO the writing is on the wall.

Shaggy

I'm inclined to agree here. The 308' teaser, the fact construction has started so early, and now this...if it's anything but a massive B&M Giga now, I'd be suprised...so, if this is true, what does it mean for the park? (Assuming this is something along the lines of Leviathan, it could be a very different layout...)

Well...Diamondback may be screwed if the Giga is too similar. Another gentle, out-and-back style coaster but 70 feet higher would seriously hurt Diamondback's image. The whole marketing ploy for DB this far has been "tallest, fastest, meanest coaster" at Kings Island. How do you market that when a 300' giga coaster rises up on the other side of the park? (Granted, the park may already have figured this out, as on the www.visitkingsisland.com thrill rides main page, it does state how high and fast DB is, but no mention of tallest, fastest, or meanest...another clue a giga is coming? :wacko: )

Given that a B&M Giga would also be pretty close in many areas to Millennium Force (height, speed, smoothness, etc) and that this one would also be in Ohio, as long as B&M doesn't screw it up, we could also be looking at a challenger for that #1 steel coaster spot in the Golden Ticket Awards, or at the very least a Top 5. Granted, these are biased and hold no real weight to coaster enthusiasts...but one more fun fact, looking at the Mitch Hawker 2012 steel poll, 47 people rode both Leviathan and Millennium Force...Leviathan was the one more liked, in a close 26-21 victory...but MF finished a few spots higher overall. (Leviathan even placing in the Steel Golden Ticket poll was also quite a feat, for it is from Canada...) And the Kings Island B&M Giga should be even better, as B&M has now got Leviathan under their belts to learn from...

Of course, if this is an invert or something, this is all just a load of bull speculation. And not the El Toro kind. :P

• Like 8

^
Yes, Magnum XL-200 is a pretty popular coaster, but before Millennium Force's debut, I heard Magnum XL-200 often had 1+ hour waits on most days. Then, Millennium Force showed up. Now, something like this is what I've heard happens...

Me: Let's ride Millennium Force!
Wait Time: 1 Hour 30 minutes

Me: Umm...on second thought, let's do Maverick.

Wait Time: 1 Hour 15 minutes

Me: ...Top Thrill Dragster?
Wait Time: 2 Hours

Me: ...Gatekeeper?
Wait Time: 1 Hour 30 minutes (very rough estimate on what I think Gatekeeper would be on a "normal" weekday at CP)

Me: ...Raptor?
Wait Time: 50 minutes

Me: ...fudge! Is there a major attraction here that doesn't have a huge line...Raptor's 50 minutes is actually looking really good...

Wait for Magnum XL-200: 20 minutes.

Me: FINALLY! A DECENT LINE! ;)

Granted, I have never been to CP, so these are all based on what I have been told or seen on web sites as "usual wait times"...also, I'm assuming Magnum's wait times are lower also because of the ride's huge capacity, not unlike Vortex...