Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Someone - please go start a separate thread for the Intamin vs B&M debate. It's getting seriously old. This isn't the thread for it.

a 350' giga with ejector air, quick transitions and close to 100mph?

Dude, you just don't get it, do you? KI isn't trying to please the adrenaline junkies. If it thought building that fantasy Intamin you dream of would be in their best interest, they would do it. But right now, from what we can tell, that isn't what they consider to be the best move for the park. So yes, what you're asking for is too much.

• Like 1

For the last time, this B&M vs. Intamin debate is irrelevant. They both have pros and cons. I think we can all agree that while B&M rides aren't as innovative as Intamin rides,they have less accidents, are more reliable, and to many people (including most of the general public) they're just as enjoyable.

• Like 6

Doesn't matter, it's all relative...as long as the ride is good who cares who designed it?

It's just fun to get YoungStud all fired up by telling him B&M is better than Intamin.

These last several pages are making me want to go find a bumpy road...

• Like 5

I think I might take my Milky Way bar now (can't eat nuts of any kind) and settle in up to the announcement unless something new and meaningful appears. This thread appears to be in a mobius loop of conversations otherwise.

This thread appears to be in a mobius loop of conversations otherwise.

Somewhere in another dimension, there is a Starting to Decode 2014 thread that is full of relevant and insightful gumshoeing. My guess is that thread has about eight pages.

• Like 8

why does everyone hate b&m and love intamin? I don't really know the difference but can someone explain to me?

B&m is the Arrow Dynamics of today. They make outdated forceless rides and their hyper/giga coasters only have a little floater air.

Intamin leads the pack in innovations. They try new things with their rides, new elements, take chances, strong ejector air. They are the present and the future of the industry.

That's cute how you think Arrows are forceless.

Have you ever actually ridden Vortex, Magnum, or Adventure Express? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a non-enthusiast that thinks any of those rides are forceless. And being the fan of ejector airtime that you are, I don't see why you like Millennium Force so much more than Magnum. Of the 54 coasters I've ridden, Magnum is the one that I feel has the most "ejector" airtime of all of them. And that 54 includes a decent number of Arrows, B&Ms, Intamins, Vekomas, and even a Schmeck or two. In fact, the only Arrows I've EVER ridden that I would truly call "forceless" are Iron Dragon and Space Mountain.

• Like 6

Hi guys! I'm new here. Really interested in this new coaster. Is the blue transfer supports at the B&M plant for this coaster? Please bring me up to date as 300+ pages is alot to read.

In the time you spend waiting for someone to accurately sum it all up, you'd probably be able to get most of it skimmed through ;)

• Like 1