Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Well...world record breaking could mean, hey this is record breaking...

However knowing Cedar Fair, world record breaking could be like Gatekeeper, tallest, fastest, and longest wing rider ever...Not like, hey tallest coaster ever, fastest, most inversions, ect...kinda...second class records

But we shall see...lots of speculating over the next week now I'm sure, hopefully some decoding will finally be solved

Since it is for a world record breaking coaster, am I wrong to get my hopes up?

Maybe so. They announced they are announcing a 'record breaking attraction'. With all the drainage work, they could be announcing the world's fastest flushing toilets.

• Like 6

In some accounts she is seen combing her hair as she laments. She is heard more often than seen, wailing as she approaches the abode in the late evening or early morning, sometimes perching on the windowsill two to three hours or even days before a death. As she moves off into the darkness witnesses describe a fluttering sound, such as the sound made by birds flying at night. Hence, the mistaken belief that Banshees manifest as birds such as the crow. The inaccurate association with crows is probably due to confusion of the Banshee with the primitive Celtic goddess Badb, the goddess of war who appeared frequently in the form of a crow.

Banshees also wail around natural forms such as trees, rivers, and stones. Wedge shaped rocks known as "Banshee's chairs" are found in Waterford, Monaghan and Carlow. Although there have been reports of Banshees accompanying Irish families who emigrated to the Americas, it appears the Banshee more often grieves for an emigrant at the ancestral family seat in Ireland. Stories are told of the misfortune visited upon men who interfered with the Banshee by taking her comb or challenging her.

• Like 3

Why a silver comb?? Doesn't make sense

In some Irish legends, a Banshee is a beautiful woman holding a silver comb. It could mean something, or nothing though.

Thank you for the info! Appreciate it. This is exciting. I love the name Banshee.
  • Like 1

Its supposedly the most anticipated announcement in the park's history, and now with the silver comb with the strands of hairs, it may be safe to say that the ride name is Indeed Banshee. I am standing firm on the support color (blue) wouldn't it be kind of cool if the track was a silver color like Afterburn @ Carowinds? Just a thought.

• Like 4

Do you think that they will put up a teaser on the website like they did for Diamondback and Prowler @WOF? Or will they do what they did for the Goldstriker and Gatekeeper and just make the announcement without having a countdown on the website.