Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Do you think that they will put up a teaser on the website like they did for Diamondback and Prowler @WOF? Or will they do what they did for the Goldstriker and Gatekeeper and just make the announcement without having a countdown on the website.

There is a countdown clock and teaser page on the Kings Island website

• Like 4

I really do not want an inverted coaster. Cedar Fair can not take care of Raptor properly, why would this be any better.

When the trains are traveling in and out of the station, it sounds terrible. NO OTHER B&M sounds like that.

I was able to ride Batman in Chicago forward and backward. As you know this is the first installation of the B&M inverted roller coaster. It sounds no where near as bad as Raptor, a newer inverted coaster.

Raptor literally sounds like it is falling apart.

• Like 1

could hit 8 for the most in North America

That wouldn't be much of a "world record-breaking" statistic though would it?

Not that I'd be unhappy with that considering what has been passing for "record-breaking" in recent announcements around the chain. Regardless cannot wait for August 8th!

• Like 3

Since the hype train includes the general public now, will we see vertical construction before the announcement? It seems like the park should want this thing to snowball from here forward.

• Like 1

Since the hype train includes the general public now, will we see vertical construction before the announcement? It seems like the park should want this thing to snowball from here forward.

The park will continue following its own construction schedule, regardless of the general public's expectations. Would it be nice? Heck yes, but if this is a large project, it may still be a while before we see any vertical construction.

I just heard on the radio (55krc) that there will be a major announcement about the park next Thursday.

This may not pertain to the project we're discussing, but it might.

Whether it or not it's about the new project, I'm still hepped. There's so much going on at the park right now, I'll need a map when next I go.

More details from the Kings Island e-mail newsletter:

Come scream with the crowd as Kings Island unveils its plans for a new world record-breaking attraction Thursday, August 8. The most anticipated new product announcement in Kings Island's history will take place at 10:00pm in Action Zone. You don't want to miss it! Follow the announcement teasers on Twitter.

This coaster is being more hyped than Diamondback at this moment. Wasn't Diamondback "the most anticipated announcement in Kings Island's 37 years?" This is going to be the best week following up to August 8, 2013 at 10 p.m. in Action Zone

:D BTW: WHO'S GOING!?

If it does end up being Banshee (i assume it will) it would be sweet if they themed the trains with Banshee wail audio. Then when you were near the coaster you'd hear Banshee's flying around. (it also might have the nice side effect of drowning out annoying screaming riders :D ) Perhaps take it a step further and make them only wail at night. Perhaps the screaming scarecrows might be a clue that they already plan to do this.

• Like 1