Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Well, those last 2 posts from Shaggy and Sheikra Rocks kind of just blew this open in my eyes at least- we've apparently got a B&M Invert coming to Kings Island in 2014. Name could be Banshee. Will probably break some sort of world record- height, speed, length, inversions, or all of the above? (Please say it's that last one ;))

If I am wrong...I will be shocked now. The footers, the transfer track, etc etc...it is all adding up now.

In 8 more days, we shall know for sure... ;)

• Like 2

Bad day...just now getting caught up.

In response to the blue track sighting at CSF, is it really for Kings Island? It looks like the track color matches the blue supports for Invertigo and the blue on Delerium. Is Kings Island going to put that much blue in an area or mix it up? Just pondering.

They could paint Invertigo or Delirium to remedy that.

Haven't been keeping up with this, only checked in once the Kings Island Facebook page posted about the announcement, is this going where Son of Beast was?

Yes and to keep get you up to speed, you need to pick either you want B&M or Intamin. Then you must pick either invert or not invert. Then last but not least.Do not trespass in the park.

You forgot to mention it's not a wing coaster.

Inverts are a thing of the past!

Interesting line of reasoning. Let's analyze this....

- Inverts are a thing of the past, so let's not build one.
- Wood coasters are a thing of the past (the far past), but they're still being built.

Yep, your theory is busted.

I thought the supports would be blue since those are for supports for the transfer track. We have yet to see a piece of track at CSF.

Maybe you're right... I haven't seen a picture of the supports. However that piece pictured above resembles a piece used on the transfer of Talon - and it was painted to match the track.

Of course it's entirely possible that the entire coaster could be painted blue. Who knows? ;-)

• Like 1

If its a tall invert and it goes directly into a loop after the drop it will be the tallest loop on a invert. Alpengeist goes directly into a immelman then into a 106' tall loop. The deja vu clones has a 104' loop. If its 196' tall to beat alpengeist by a foot then I can see a 125' or so loop making it the tallest loop on a invert.

I thought the supports would be blue since those are for supports for the transfer track. We have yet to see a piece of track at CSF.

Maybe you're right... I haven't seen a picture of the supports. However that piece pictured above resembles a piece used on the transfer of Talon - and it was painted to match the track.

Of course it's entirely possible that the entire coaster could be painted blue. Who knows? ;-)

I really hope the whole thing isn't blue. Blue is my favorite color I just don't think blue fits with Banshee.(if that is in fact the name)

Based on where that piece falls on the other inverts I can find pictures of, I'd have to agree that the track is blue. That doesn't mean it will be, just what few transfer track pics I can find tend to match the track color.

If this does end up having 8 inversions, what inversions do you think it would have? Here are my guesses just for fun:

1. Vertical Loop

2. Dive Loop

3. Zero G Roll

4. Immelman

5/6. Cobra Roll

7. Corkscrew

8. Corkscrew

EDIT: You gotta be fast on here, YoungStud beat me.

• Like 1

Here are the world records that I see being within the realm of possibility:

If it is an invert:

Tallest full-circuit Invert (Minimum requirement 196' to beat Alpengeist)

Tallest Invert (Minimum requirement 216' to beat out Wicked Twister. Less likely, but possible, I suppose)

Most Inversions on an inverted coaster (Would need 8 to beat out Montu)

If it is a giga:

Tallest Non-launched coaster in the world (would need 319' to beat out Steel Dragon 2000)

Longest coaster in the world (Would need to be 8,133' long to beat Steel Dragon 2000. I don't see this being incredibly plausible)

And the most likely record of all, in either situation:

Most butthurt Intamin fanboys complaining about one coaster (I think we're nearly there already and it isn't even built yet)

But seriously, It could even take multiple. If it were to be 216' tall, I could easily see 8 inversions. Perhaps even a new tallest vertical loop or tallest inversion overall, but that one seems less likely. It would practically have to crest the hill and head straight into a Jo-Jo roll (I'm not sure if an invert could even do that maneuver...)