Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Surprised that no one here mentioned the fact that, not only are the footing markers from Son of Beast on the blueprints, but the footing markers from King Cobra are on there as well.

I wonder if that has anything to do with digging. Kinda like a heads up that something may or may not be in certain spots. That's just a random thought though.

I just got done with the video and I am pretty familiar with Autocad and the prints of " The new WORLD Record Breaking attraction." Only thing that bothers me with it is that there isn't very much dimensions on it. Although this is probably just a kind of a general look. So people like the Pr and us can understand what is going on. I mean 350'( jk) isn't hard to understand but I mean it looks very legit and for spelling corrections well I mean does that really matter?? The foundation plans are there too showing what we see now. So either this guy had a really long amount of time on his hands or actually found legit information. What I see from that video is that there will be one big loops in the middle and track going thru it and smaller one more north. Also the ride station location is what has me wandering.. Why is the track going both ways? World longest ride? Largest loop? Also there are cork screws and some "Twists" on the track if you look closely.

I get 4g LTE. I am not worried about getting a signal.

With so many people posting to YouTube, Twitter, and other sites all at once - even LTE is bound to be slow.

(Not trying to discourage you, just be prepared for the stream to cut out!)

By the way, if Ustream gives you any issues, you can always push to my icecast server and post that link.

On the blue prints why does the track seemingly disappear at certain points?

Great question! As you can see there are "Clouds" around the parts that are cut up allowing the drawing to be put all on one paper easier. Also more importantly allowing detail to be seen. :)

As of for the first part of the video where it shows other rides and all of the rollercoaster. I am still studying that. :P

• Like 1

GUYS! Now that the cat is out of the bag you MUST USE the spoiler tag if you are posting about the blueprint! A lot of us (including me) don't want to know anything until it is announced!

Please Put the spoiler tags around the text that may be deemed too much information so that the rest of us who don't want to read this information can continue reading the topic. This includes photos! To do this select the SpecialBBCode option when replying int he topic, then select spoiler. It will direct you though the rest.

Here is an example...

SPOILER

Please be considerate. Thanks

Why are you reading a thread about decoding a ride if you want to avoid spoilers?

Not everyone wants to hear the official word unless it's from the park.

Decoding doesn't equal spilling the beans. This thread has been used by members here finding clues of what it could be, not giving what it is before the announcement.

Using the spoilers is considerate of those who don't want to see the layout, etc. until they're ready. At this point, why would anyone read anything on this site? Oh, because it's interesting. When the thread started people were searching for clues and that led to speculation. Maybe Captain Nemo wanted to continue speculating until August 8th at 10pm,

At this point, what does it matter? The damage is already done.

I will still never understand why it is a goal to be the first to know what the new attraction is...what does it matter?

• Like 1

Ok I have a question for you guys. I see the lift, predrop, drop, dive loop, loop through lift hill and then a Zero G Roll. Then it cuts off and just shows the track going back to the transfer track. What am I missing?

On another picture, it looks like some kind of batwing/cobra roll element, then another loop, a helix, maybe a wingover/corkscrew, then another helix and back to the brake run.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/?p=538890

GUYS! Now that the cat is out of the bag you MUST USE the spoiler tag if you are posting about the blueprint! A lot of us (including me) don't want to know anything until it is announced!

Please Put the spoiler tags around the text that may be deemed too much information so that the rest of us who don't want to read this information can continue reading the topic. This includes photos! To do this select the SpecialBBCode option when replying int he topic, then select spoiler. It will direct you though the rest.

Here is an example...

SPOILER

Please be considerate. Thanks

Why are you reading a thread about decoding a ride if you want to avoid spoilers?

Not everyone wants to hear the official word unless it's from the park.

Decoding doesn't equal spilling the beans. This thread has been used by members here finding clues of what it could be, not giving what it is before the announcement.

Using the spoilers is considerate of those who don't want to see the layout, etc. until they're ready. At this point, why would anyone read anything on this site? Oh, because it's interesting. When the thread started people were searching for clues and that led to speculation. Maybe Captain Nemo wanted to continue speculating until August 8th at 10pm,

At this point, what does it matter? The damage is already done.

I will still never understand why it is a goal to be the first to know what the new attraction is...what does it matter?

yeah but what proof do we have that this blueprint is real? it may be or may not be. until we get an announcement it's all speculation. which is the whole point of the thread.

• Like 6

so if there is no mcbr will there be a dual station? It will take a while for a invert to climb a 200' lift and go through its course and just run two trains.

The lift is a block along with the station. So there are 2 spots for a train. I would imagine the brake run is a block also. So three train operations

Well after using some math. You can get a height of 212ft with a 45 degree rise at a distance of 100ft. I think that is right. Should be a 1 in 1.4142 ratio.

Let's not forget that most b&m inverts start out in the station already elevated 10-20 ft. high.

Has anyone looked at the Steven Schaefer Associates inc. stamp at 7:00 in the video??

And I agree with Shaggy, shame the project couldn't have been concealed for just one more week. ((if it has actually been leaked) revealed through non-official sources)

And those fences around the new bricks outside the construction zone look like Vortex's haha

Has anyone looked at the Steven Schaefer Associates inc. stamp at 7:00 in the video??

And I agree with Shaggy, shame the project couldn't have been concealed for just one more week. (if it has actually been leaked)

And those fences around the new bricks outside the construction zone look like Vortex's haha

Leaked? Everything posted on this forum is public record.

• Like 8

Just so you new members know there is a spoiler button on the box for entries. It is the third button from the left on the top row. You can see it from the desktops. If you hover over it the box is named special BBcode. Click the button, click the drop down menu that pops up, Then click spoiler and enter text or photo that you are trying to hide as the spoiler alert.

It will look like this:

Its just that simple!

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Welp I was beaten to it haha Sorry bout that!

What does everyone think the record is. Tallest and fastest full circuit invert?

Because we know the design because of the link, length because of guesstimating using the scale on the blue print, and hight well because you need a lot of speed to go through the inversions

What does everyone think the record is. Tallest and fastest full circuit invert?

EDIT: Ugh, it's time for bed for me. I am not reading these things correctly. Although I have to add this rollercoaster looks rather long and that loop looks big ( From what the drawing looks like.) I hope we get more info later on before the 8th but not really that long from now actually. :) So I can wait.

• Like 1

I feel bad for the park no matter whether it's real or fake. A lot of hard work and effort goes into planning such things. I think it stinks that someone -although incognito - who made NONE of the decisions is getting attention and glory. The Executive Team at a park works long hours to provide exciting things for their guests. In the Marketing world, this *could be* the equivelant of someone blowing out the candles on YOUR birthday.

That having been said, if it turns out the plans are accurate, then I think the placement of the lift/1st element is perfection! It would appear the *possible* coaster *may* drop off the lift and turn right above where the entrance to Adventure Express is (directly across from the Beir Garden.) Imagine the visuals... both on and off. Great photo ops!

But no matter if these are real or fake... I applaud KI for finally filling the eyesore void left from the vacated KC land. I've been annoyed by that blank spot between Slingshot/Delirium/Go Karts for years!

As far as the naysayers. Be very careful about pre-passing judgement on anything in life... including coasters. I've learned the hard way that criticizing something of which I'm not intimately (Or INTAMINLY... as the case may be...) familiar just makes me look like a darn fool in the long run. Statements such as "It should have been this" or "this would have better if it were this type of coaster" simply demonstrates a lack of forsight, narrowmindedness and immaturity.

Thank God we have people like the Cedar Fair execs that are continuing the long-standing tradition of making KI such a great park. In the past 5 years, I've gotten a tinge of "the old days." Many of you didn't get to experience the early days. In the first 20+ years, the installs fit KI to a "T". Unfortunately the park lost it's direction for a while (IMO) so I am ecstatic to see it returning to it's roots of providing thrills for seekers of all levels and rides of substance and worth.

I agree. if these plans are legit, It definitely is a spoiler. I wish KI could have kept these plans under wraps for another week. Having said that, let's not forget that we still don't know the details of this ride. height, speed, inversion elements, and length are all still in decode mode.

• Like 1

It looks good on paper. Hopefully the elements are not over engineered....

Although, if they are under-engineered, they might build the ride, run a few test runs, and then find out they have to take out an inversion or something. That definitely would be bad.

• Like 10

Here is my guess for world records. 7 owls for seven world records

Tallest invert: 220-250ft

Longest invert:5,000-6,000 ft

Fastest invert: 75 mph

Most inversions on invert: 9

Longest drop on invert: 250 ft

Steepest drop on invert: 80 degrees

Most expensive invert: 30 mil

• Like 2

This is part of a scanned image of a blueprint of the entire park. (It was given to me before I left). This is just a smaller generic copy, but is similar to others I've seen used by the park and the drawings of the rides, buildings etc are much more detailed than what the video shows. The lines are smooth and straight compared to some lines you see on the video. It almost looks like it was hand-drawn on the video.

2ikfnly.jpg

• Like 1