Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I would not be suprised if this pushes the 30 mil plateau

What i am having trouble understanding is why would this particular coaster cost so much? Lets just say it is an invert. Why so much more of a price tag than other inverts around the world?

It could be very long. We don't know for sure 100%. Of course, the cost of steel goes up every year.

Plus anything else that we have not yet decoded.

Yeah i never thought about the price of steel. I dont care what the footers look like or what codes were on the tags, in my opinion, no one will know till announcement. I think the price tag will come from something that blows all of our minds and is something we didnt see coming.

• Like 7

Yeah i actually posted that a couple days ago. The thing about how a Banshee can be in different forms?

I did see that, but if you look in the Origin section, it explains that the sound was like that of a screech of a Barn Owl.

Oh man! i didnt see that! Nice catch!

• Like 1

Yeah i actually posted that a couple days ago. The thing about how a Banshee can be in different forms?

I did see that, but if you look in the Origin section, it explains that the sound was like that of a screech of a Barn Owl.

Yeah, the second I read that I connected that together. So I think we can all agree that Banshee is looking like the name no matter what at this point. Too many signs point to it.

• Like 1

thrillseaker92 on the TPR forums has posted some great overlays of the blueprints onto a satellite map.

thumb_maptraced.jpg

thumb_overlaytraced.jpg

thumb_overlay_0.jpg

Once again, all credit to thrillseaker92 of TPR. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45427&start=6550

Kind of off topic, but judging by the size of the coaster in the blueprints and the area once taken up by Son of Beast, there looks like a lot of room for future expansion back there, if these are the real blueprints that is.

• Like 1

Yeah, the second I read that I connected that together. So I think we can all agree that Banshee is looking like the name no matter what at this point. Too many signs point to it.

I hope and am pretty sure it will be called Banshee. I just hope its just not all a huge diversion. I like Banshee

• Like 2

I was not a fan of the name at first. Once I first heard it I was actually kind of turned off, solely based off of the appeal it had to me. After reading up on it more and seeing the teaser and clues that were put up, I am liking it much much more.

C'mon Thursday, get here already!

What i am having trouble understanding is why would this particular coaster cost so much? Lets just say it is an invert. Why so much more of a price tag than other inverts around the world?

It could be very long. We don't know for sure 100%. Of course, the cost of steel goes up every year.

Yeah i never thought about the price of steel. I dont care what the footers look like or what codes were on the tags, in my opinion, no one will know till announcement. I think the price tag will come from something that blows all of our minds and is something we didnt see coming.

The price is the only thing that doesn't make me think this is for sure an invert. in the back of my mind thats what I'm thinking it will be but it still seems expensive. even with the cost of steel. but really what do I know? I am way too excited for Thursday!!!

100th Post! :)

Theme, could be new type of invert that costs a lot, steel price has gone up
Diamondback was the park's biggest investment and S.O.B. was the second so it would also have to be the things surrounding it. Also, could it have just been that the demolition of S.O.B. was considered part of the coaster's cost?
  • Like 2

I was not a fan of the name at first. Once I first heard it I was actually kind of turned off, solely based off of the appeal it had to me. After reading up on it more and seeing the teaser and clues that were put up, I am liking it much much more.

C'mon Thursday, get here already!

Still got a while to go.............

The cost of steel has generally been DECREASING over the last 3 years or so.

Diamondback was the park's biggest investment and S.O.B. was the second so it would also have to be the things surrounding it. Also, could it have just been that the demolition of S.O.B. was considered part of the coaster's cost?

Possibly but I wouldnt think that would be in the official count of price for this new coaster. Seems like it wouldnt be accurate in relation to construction of other coasters

Good point that I didn't think of. Demolition can be very very expensive, especially for a job like SOB. I would think if its their biggest investment though, they are factoring it as the ride/theming/construction itself, not the demolition of SOB. That makes it more expensive regardless of the price to build.

An employee tonight told me it's name is Banshee at it's a wing coaster. It wasn't the dipping dots worker so I wouldn't trust it entirely.

According to the Cedar Point D&D guy when we went there in June, its going to be a Giga. Those pesky D&D guys not being on the same page!

• Like 1

An employee tonight told me it's name is Banshee at it's a wing coaster. It wasn't the dipping dots worker so I wouldn't trust it entirely.

Employees know as much as we do. Actually we probably know more than half the employees. Id be surprised if all of them follow this stuff like enthusiasts do.

• Like 1

According to the Cedar Point D&D guy when we went there in June, its going to be a Giga. Those pesky D&D guys not being on the same page!

They need to have their own site. DDC-Dippin Dots Central

• Like 2

They need to have their own site. DDC-Dippin Dots Central

We should buy that domain name and sell it to the D&D union! We'll make a fortune!

• Like 1

I like the Celtic stone wall and crosses. Perhaps there will be some dandy theming along the ride; sturdy and not easily corrupted.

If it's a wing, I wonder what the keyhole motif will be?

This isn't the Pteradactyl I dreamed of, but I'm happy with the Irish mythology tie-in.

This all sounds good to me, but how does Banshee fit into AZ? Maybe a retirement of the entire area into a Halloween style park section... You could rename "Flight Deck" "The Bat" (because really... Since when did naval theming work for a ride through the woods?)

• Like 2

Also the blue prints in the video don't appear to have a midcourse break run....do you think this might mean 2 train operation?

The train shead looks like a three train shead to me..

dual station....

Maybe what we thought was the batwing/cobra roll element is really an Immelmann into the mid-course brake.

Who caught the WLWT story? The showed KIC! They also made reference to "Decoding" 2014!!

They also interviewed Dennis Spiegel... he seems to think it's a winged coaster.

Is he the same guy who said Diamondback could be a dive coaster because of the splashdown?

Just because there is no mcbr doesn't mean you can't have 3 train op...of your brake run has some length and several "blocks" you can run more than two (see several arrows and intamin rides). Also hittting thoretical capacity, you want to dispatch so that when one train is running the course, the train is about to pass through the brakes/mcbr as the second is close to dropping off the lift. This hits max capacity by following this procedure. A mcbr helps to create another point to allow more trains to run quicker, however it can be dine easily without one. The train on the track just needs to clear the first set of brakes on the brake run by the time the next train reaches lift crest.

All this talk about the new attraction in Action Zone......This time last year it wasn't construction taking place in Action Zone but the preparation stages for deconstructing.....

And soon after.....

pjl100512sonofbeast1p.JPG

There was a giant lesson learned while constructing and running the worlds tallest, fastest, only looping wooden roller coaster, and we should still not forget that it once occupied the site of this new attraction. Out with the old and in with the new, without necessarily forgetting the old.

...Carry on everyone....2014...

I know I may have brang this up awhile ago, but here are my thoughts on the whole region. Ever since around 2012 pre demo I had this feeling that the area was excellent for a haunted theme. I guess it is from the pines, which in some cultures housed old beliefs in the woods. Now as well whenever I go now I can see connections to many different theme names. I E Phantom, Bat, Crow, Banshee, etc. Now if they go in the whole "Celtic Banshee" theme, this could use the "key hole" element in a old dilapidated church or ruin. As well the field element that was used on DB can be used on this coaster, but with grave stones.

da6u3ypu.jpg

This kind of got skipped over because it was posted right before the blueprints were, but these were handed out at the park today when you went through the parking gate. I have one sitting on the floor right beside me :)

And between this and the piles of rocks/iron fence that popped up today, it points to a graveyard, in my opinion.

Does anyone else notice the diagonal stripes used in this piece as well as the teaser signs that was used on the sides of the SOB trains? Also notice the yellow color and eyes both similar to Son of Beast. Not saying this means anything but it makes ya wonder

Phantom Beast?

Random question: have these blue prints been available publicly and no one posted them online until today, or did something cause them to be released/available? (by marketing for more hype?)

Yes.

Terp, who having said something about that some time ago, will, like the Raven of Poe, say no more.

• Like 5