Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

da6u3ypu.jpg

This kind of got skipped over because it was posted right before the blueprints were, but these were handed out at the park today when you went through the parking gate. I have one sitting on the floor right beside me :)

And between this and the piles of rocks/iron fence that popped up today, it points to a graveyard, in my opinion.

Does anyone else notice the diagonal stripes used in this piece as well as the teaser signs that was used on the sides of the SOB trains? Also notice the yellow color and eyes both similar to Son of Beast. Not saying this means anything but it makes ya wonder

Phantom Beast?

I agree! The old stripes that look similar to ones used for Son of Beast.....But the eyes....They definitely look like those of a haunting son of a beast ready to escape the graveyard...

Or is the Dark Knight Rising at Kings Island?....

• Like 1

I wonder what those are made out of? Perhaps we may get some deep theming if they are willing to produce these for the announcement.

Pretty sure I've seen those before during Haunt...

And probably made out of styrofoam or some other plastic that's been painted.

I feel bad for the park no matter whether it's real or fake. A lot of hard work and effort goes into planning such things. I think it stinks that someone -although incognito - who made NONE of the decisions is getting attention and glory. The Executive Team at a park works long hours to provide exciting things for their guests. In the Marketing world, this *could be* the equivelant of someone blowing out the candles on YOUR birthday.

That having been said, if it turns out the plans are accurate, then I think the placement of the lift/1st element is perfection! It would appear the *possible* coaster *may* drop off the lift and turn right above where the entrance to Adventure Express is (directly across from the Beir Garden.) Imagine the visuals... both on and off. Great photo ops!

But no matter if these are real or fake... I applaud KI for finally filling the eyesore void left from the vacated KC land. I've been annoyed by that blank spot between Slingshot/Delirium/Go Karts for years!

As far as the naysayers. Be very careful about pre-passing judgement on anything in life... including coasters. I've learned the hard way that criticizing something of which I'm not intimately (Or INTAMINLY... as the case may be...) familiar just makes me look like a darn fool in the long run. Statements such as "It should have been this", "I wont ride it", "It's not what I wanted" or "this would have better if it were this type of coaster" simply demonstrates a lack of forsight, narrowmindedness and immaturity.

Thank God we have people like the Cedar Fair execs that are continuing the long-standing tradition of making KI such a great park. In the past 5 years, I've gotten a tinge of "the old days." Many of you didn't get to experience the early days. In the first 20+ years, the installs fit KI to a "T". Unfortunately the park lost it's direction for a while (IMO) so I am ecstatic to see it returning to it's roots of providing thrills for seekers of all levels and rides of substance and worth.

That's a whole lot of text to admit you were wrong about your B&M Giga prediction Shaggy.

Well, it's not official yet... but if the blueprints are proven true... half right ;-)

That's the good thing about predictions - they can be inaccurate... but they're not harmful to those doing the actual work.

• Like 7

I wonder what those are made out of? Perhaps we may get some deep theming if they are willing to produce these for the announcement.

Pretty sure I've seen those before during Haunt...

And probably made out of styrofoam or some other plastic that's been painted.

For some strange reason I didn't even think of Haunt. They probably have hundreds of those laying around.

Derp.

I was just confused by what looked to be Gaelic lettering on the stones and instantly went into '**** YEAH' mode.

• Like 1

Look very closely at 11:52 in the posted video. There's your 7th inversion. I can tell this because the ride path goes from 2 lines to 1 single line then back to 2.

It almost looks like two barrel rolls back to back between the helices (I viewed the video from 11:49)

I also think there might be some kind of fire element to this ride. I'm not positive and I have no evidence to back it up but it's just a hunch. Also I feel like there might be some audio theme involved.

Since this has a Celtic theme (assumed by the Celtic crosses in the twitter image) Perhaps all of the elements will be represented.....Earth, Wind, Fire (maybe the musical group...he he...) and Water.

Now tunnels would be an extra bonus.....through crypts...yay!!!

Celtic is a form of Irish heritage, isn't it?

Isn't a Banshee from Irish folklore?

Actually, Celtic was an iron age culture with trace evidence throughout Europe....lots of evidence in Ireland (Stonehenge...etc) and a basketball team (LOL inserted here)...

A Banshee is Irish folklore....look it up, the background of a Banshee is very interesting, they herald death by their scream. Images at the link below...many people have mistaken the screech of an Owl for a Banshee, even in local Irish culture....

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Banshee+ghost&FORM=HDRSC2

• Like 2

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130802/NEWS01/308020050

"The new coasters designer also created The Beast, which has held the record as the worlds longest wooden roller coaster and has remained on the list of the worlds top wooden coasters since it was built in 1979."

And that was linked by Don on twitter as well... confused, I am.

From news.cincinnati.comVV

Jeff Gramke, the park’s manager of facilities, engineering and construction, drew the zoning plans filed with the city of Mason.

The new coaster’s designer also created The Beast, which has held the record as the world’s longest wooden roller coaster – and has remained on the list of the world’s top wooden coasters – since it was built in 1979.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130802/NEWS01/308020050

"The new coasters designer also created The Beast, which has held the record as the worlds longest wooden roller coaster and has remained on the list of the worlds top wooden coasters since it was built in 1979."

And that was linked by Don on twitter as well... confused, I am.

Probably means Jeff Gramke worked on some of the design aspects.

World record wooden invert with wings?

Why would an Assistnt Manager tell A News Chanel half the plans? And Off the top of my mind in North America we only have 3 wing riders? So if he said the fourth.... Why would we want one if Cedar Point has one?!

Actually that was the former general manager of KI, and he was "guessing" what the blueprint implied and told that to the news reporter....nothing concrete was divulged. He probably said "looks like a wing rider" and the news reporter researched wing rider and found 3 in the US and reported it by saying "the riders hang from the sides and there are only three in the U.S." Some of those who heard this are the ones who took that as wing rider and ran with it.