Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Really? Sure let's tie in this nice new coaster with a defunct coaster that was problematic from the start, severely injured people, and was in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lets not waste that potential.

Defunct or not, it was still an extremely historic coaster.

Historic for all the wrong reasons.

KI is wise to distance themselves from any SoB association with the new ride.

This is why it will most likely be from B&M who has a great track record of uptime & safety as opposed to Intamin.

Imagine if KI did go with Intamin & the ride had to be "modified" a la: WT, Maverick or I-305 or have considerable downtime a la: TTD, KK, or WT? Park goers will immediately mention SoB in the confusion.

• Like 6

Because its a fake blueprint.

hahahahahahahahaha. Someone's in denial. Explain to me how in the world that could be fake?! Anybody who still thinks it is is either an idiot, or is completely delusional, just saying. I mean, the numbers match up, it's been proven to have actual engineering stamps, and has the same stamps and codes as drawings in the city office. People are freakin' crazy...

• Like 1

Anyone know why Invertigo is covered on the blueprints. Check out 1:15 in the video.

Hmmmm....didn't notice that my first viewing. That is odd.

Not sure what they would be hiding since they obviously have no problem showing the new coaster.

Very odd.

Just in case you all havent seen the blueprints yet..

thanks cincy. too lazy to go back & find it.

Anyone know why Invertigo is covered on the blueprints. Check out 1:15 in the video.

It's not necessarily covered up.. I assume it was still drawn. I think it's just coincidence since they needed to pin that blue thing somewhere, and Invertigo isn't the new ride, so it was fine.

Just in case you all havent seen the blueprints yet..

thanks cincy. too lazy to go back & find it.

There could have been names of the workers or the person who was given the blue prints.

You mean this one? It also says Terpy and Suhr.

999713_10152064329968368_318292431_n.jpg

I thought it said "O'Terpy"' too.

I can only think of that episode of Blackadder where he calls his Scottish cousin with red hair and even more wiry brows to battle a duel for him.

Does Terpy have cantankerous lookalike relatives with a red Afro?

Blue prints are so easily made anymore, it could take an engineer minutes to come up with a fake. We do it with CAD everyday at work. A few keystrokes and moving the mouse and **PRESTO** a blueprint has been born.

I'm not saying the mentioned print is fake or real, but to say with any certainty it is 100% fake or 100% real is just blowing hot air.

• Like 4

Really? Sure let's tie in this nice new coaster with a defunct coaster that was problematic from the start, severely injured people, and was in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lets not waste that potential.

This is why it will most likely be from B&M who has a great track record of uptime & safety as opposed to Intamin.

Imagine if KI did go with Intamin & the ride had to be "modified" a la: WT, Maverick or I-305 or have considerable downtime a la: TTD, KK, or WT? Park goers will immediately mention SoB in the confusion.

Yes. Worlds tallest, fastest, and only looping wooden coaster is all the wrong reasons...you make no sence

I read some of the pages last night and early this morning. I am not sure if I missed anything but has anyone thought about or mentioned that Dennis Speigel

could be working the news crews instead of being wrong? Maybe he is just not telling what he really knows. It would seem that as long as he has been in this business he would know the difference between blue prints of a wing coaster and an inverted coaster. He could just be saying stuff and help keep things under wraps of what he really knows. Someone may say his reputation is on the line, but what reputation would he be more worried about? His public image or his image to the other theme parks that he is a consulatant to? It seems like he would want to keep their business and by completely diverting the public's attention by saying it is not what it actually is, then the theme parks would want to use him. Maybe. Im just throwing it out there.

• Like 4

Blue prints are so easily made anymore, it could take an engineer minutes to come up with a fake. We do it with CAD everyday at work. A few keystrokes and moving the mouse and **PRESTO** a blueprint has been born.

I'm not saying the mentioned print is fake or real, but to say with any certainty it is 100% fake or 100% real is just blowing hot air.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/363279921595957249

Yes. Worlds tallest, fastest, and only looping wooden coaster is all the wrong reasons...you make no sence

You mean sense? :P

Yes, SoB had many notible "-est's" and a loop.

It was also those same "-est's" that proved to be SoB's downfall from day one.

Now the ride, along with those records are history. Included in that history is: the amount of money spent to "fix" it, the amount of downtime, and the amount of injuries the ride caused. No park wants to associated with that.

• Like 6