Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Kings Island's 2019 coaster will be a intanim giga coaster using the old Son of Beast station it will have a steep incline with a cable lift that will go over a part of Banshee and use the remainder of the space behind the Banshee. It will be called son of youngstud.. ( just kidding on the name part.)

Uh oh, we better start the thread now!
i can very well see the possibility there is alot of room to be left for waste behind the 2014 coaster... Jut picture a terrain hugging giga coaster will alot of speed whipping thru those hills... I don't see Kings Island doing back to back to back b&m coasters, this park does not have an intanim which is another hole the park can fill, after filling the full circuit invert coaster hole.

I am a huge fan of Intamin designs. I haven't ridden a lot of them, but the ones I have, I love. I think that would be awesome to have in the park. Maybe we can take over tallest/longest/fastest from whoever has the record at the time. I love speculating about the years to come, because it gives me hope in the advancement of innovations that will be made for rides to come!

I'm off to work though, I look forward to reading through about 10 pages of this topic when I get back! ^_^

• Like 1

Okay, so I've been thinking about this ride and how a terrain hugging type rides are kind of cool.( well I mean they look cool.) But what if the ride dropped into Crypts ( Tunnels) and traversed through grave yards. Like in the tunnels would be a Banshee screaming or something :P ( I'm wishing to much.) I don't care tho whatever we get i'll be satisfied with tho.

^About Intamin restraints...

Cheetah Hunt's restraints are the same as Maverick, but are different material. They are much better IMO.

They are more flexible, and seem to be of the same material that B&M is using as well, and for the same reason.... vandal proof.

afj05f000jsbgef134aqa8.jpg

6ij001jsrgef13487j8if0.jpg

I have ridden quite a few B&M's this season, and they seem to be switching to the new restraints.

The few that I can think of right off the top of my head are:

Montu - 2 trains new, 1 train old (nor sure of the 4th train)

Kumba - same

SheiKra - possibly has new restraints. (Only rode twice last year out of my 3 visits. Was down for annual maintenance one time, and had an hour wait the other times.)

Scorcher - both trains and is an improvement for stand up coasters

Chang-O-Lantern - Same as Scorcher.. So much better than Mantis. The new restraints seem to minimize head banding.

I have noticed that the newer B&M restraints are slightly smaller as well. For example: Kumba has 1 train with the original restraints, and I had about an inch of slack in the belt with wiggle room between my chest and the restraint. The next train, same seat, black restraint. No slack, and no wiggle room. I didn't feel stapled, and it was surprisingly comfortable with less head banging, but I prefer a little wiggle room in the chest area.

It makes sense because people pick at the restraints and deface them. KI has even taken all of the decals off Diamondback except for the pilot coach because people peel them off.

Guys just listen to what im saying for a minute. Take a defunct NFL team for example. The Baltimore Colts were defunct in 1950 but does that make them no longer a part of NFL history? Same thing with SOB. SOB was a world recognized and known coaster. Im tired of everyone ragging on it

Actually, the Colts left Baltimore in 1984. There was Baltimore Colts through 1950 which folded.

you get what i mean lol

My big thing here, that I haven't seen discussed, is that I want to have more free restraints. Meaning I want them, if over the shoulder, to be more like, say a Maverick type restraint. I say this because with Gatekeeper, those are just uncomfortable restraints to me, and I would hate to have to deal with that if they go the over the shoulder route, which I would imagine will be the case.

I personally hate the Maverick restraints. By the time you are waiting to pull into the station, I feel like the push down from the bar might break my femur.

I have a question. Does Diamondback still use the term "tallest, fastest and meanest coaster to strike Kings Island" line still?

Yep. Right here sort of:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/rides/Thrill-Rides-12-14-11-44/Diamondback

The tallest and fastest roller coaster at Kings Island, standing 230 feet at its highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74-degree angle and reaching speeds up to 80 miles per hour.

Do you think the announcement event will be live-streamed or recorded at all by King's island? If not I hope we can get some members in there and get a video at least so we can watch it.

Don has said that the park will not stream the announcement live.

Okay, thanks! :) Anybody want to take up on the task of using an livestream app on their phone or just record it? :P

Watch for live media coverage though. Both 12 and 19 have news at 10:00.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I would but I live in central Ky. :P So I guess i'll just watch all the coverage after it has already happened. :P Or VIA: Forum Posts.

• Like 1