Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

da6u3ypu.jpg

This kind of got skipped over because it was posted right before the blueprints were, but these were handed out at the park today when you went through the parking gate. I have one sitting on the floor right beside me :)

And between this and the piles of rocks/iron fence that popped up today, it points to a graveyard, in my opinion.

the graves on that handout look very familiar to the ones from the Kings Islands tweet about graves

also, after reviewing the blueprints, and that the announcement is on 8/8, i'm going to say there are 8 inversions.

You stole my thunder! :lol: After reading pages 61-110 last night, then skipping ahead and reading pages 300-360 today, I got to thinking about the blueprints, the discussions of how many inversions there may be, and the date of the announcement. Some people predicting 8 inversions, the announcement being made on 8/8, I was surprised that no one had the same train of thought as me. I was all ready to post about this "coincidence", then a few pages back you had to go and post what I've been thinking most of the day! Great minds think alike! ;)

Starting to really hope this a floorless or sitdown or possibly a new coaster type

I agree, but I won't be disappointed if it's anything like Raptor. I'd prefer a floorless, or a multi launch coaster but that's obviously not the case. I'm still waiting for the day KI is announcing a WingRider, or a giga. Whatever the coaster is, I doubt I will be disappointed.
  • Like 4

MF would not get the capacity it gets without the 3rd train.

millennium force will always be till this day the greatest intanim coaster of all time. It's forcefull, reliable, with great ride capacity, what more can be asked for in a rollercoaster?

Millenium Force< I 305

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill>Millennium

25 million is the highest investment they have made.

Gatekeeper was over $30 million.

I will be streaming the event LIVE the night of the announcement on UStream. Tune into the channel "coastergeek" at 9:55 PM EST.

Repost this the night of, because by that time it will be lost.

• Like 4

In times past, "record holders" never seemed to last all that long (Top Thrill Dragster/Kinga Ka etc.), but then, of course, with King's Island, we have The Beast and we had Son of Beast, The Bat, King Cobra, and all the others that are/were record holders of some kind for a longer period of time.

So, her is Project 2014. A record breaking attraction. Whatever it is, let us hope that it won't be "one-up'd" the following year by an extra foot or two of height, an extra foot or two of length, an extra mph or two of speed, or an extra inversion just to upset everyone at King's Island.

Just one more thing I wish to add before I sit back in my easy chair.....

If those are the "final" blueprints, why have they been preparing all that extra land beyond the borders of the drawings? More graveyards?

I have a strong feeling that this new rollercoaster is going to be the tallest, longest and fastest Dive machine in the world. Think about it. Inverted coasters seem older About 1990s is when the first one appeared. Not to mention that we already have two. Three of the same coaster!?

Here we go again with the "Inverted coasters are so 90's" statement again. The reason there aren't anymore inverted coasters being built, is because just about every major amusement park already has one, except Kings Island or Valleyfair. And the last one built was in 2011 named Oziris.

Also what's wrong with having 3 inverted coasters? Dorney Park seems to think there is nothing wrong with that. Talon, Possessed, & Stinger come to mind.

• Like 7

In times past, "record holders" never seemed to last all that long (Top Thrill Dragster/Kinga Ka etc.), but then, of course, with King's Island, we have The Beast and we had Son of Beast, The Bat, King Cobra, and all the others that are/were record holders of some kind for a longer period of time.

So, her is Project 2014. A record breaking attraction. Whatever it is, let us hope that it won't be "one-up'd" the following year by an extra foot or two of height, an extra foot or two of length, an extra mph or two of speed, or an extra inversion just to upset everyone at King's Island.

Just one more thing I wish to add before I sit back in my easy chair.....

If those are the "final" blueprints, why have they been preparing all that extra land beyond the borders of the drawings? More graveyards?

This is a good reason to build an invert. Since most major parks already have one. It might hold the record for a very long time. I can see Gatekeeper's records falling in the very near future.

They could also be preparing that land for a new maintenance road. Or a new maintenance building, could be themeing it could be anything really.

• Like 3

I have a strong feeling that this new rollercoaster is going to be the tallest, longest and fastest Dive machine in the world. Think about it. Inverted coasters seem older About 1990s is when the first one appeared. Not to mention that we already have two. Three of the same coaster!?

Here we go again with the "Inverted coasters are so 90's" statement again. The reason there aren't anymore inverted coasters being built, is because just about every major amusement park already has one, except Kings Island or Valleyfair. And the last one built was in 2011 named Oziris.

Also what's wrong with having 3 inverted coasters? Dorney Park seems to think there is nothing wrong with that. Talon, Possessed, & Stinger come to mind.

Correction: Valleyfair does have one called Steel Venom. My bad.

So it had me thinking of the world records this attraction will break. If it is an inverted it will most likely beat Alpengeist. It comparison it looks longer and with that comes height and speed. Also it doesn't seem as if there will be a MCBR due to all the elements towards the end of the ride if these are the correct blue prints. Possibly looking at 200+ feet high IMO.

• Like 1

For this to be the tallest, it will have to have a 45 degree or steeper lift hill which I don't think they've ever done on an invert. There is only so much room between the base of the lift footers and the triangle ones where the lift will top out.