Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Here's my made up stats of what our coaster could have:

Height: 218' (just to pay homage to SoB)

Length: 4,500 or over

Speed: 70mph or over

Drop: 180' - 190'

Inversions: 6 or 7

REMINDER: This is just a fun guess as to what I think the coaster's stats are. They are NOT the actual stats.

• Like 1

198' tall

180' drop

Speed 69mph

4200' track

8 inversions

Batwing underground.

Dual loading station.

Gatesleeper esque restraints.

Height and drop is just a little over alpengeist.

Trim right before the batwing. To much speed going into the valley from the zero g IMO for b&m's liking.

I don't see 218 feet to be honest. I'm really leaning more toward the inversion record than height. Although, as someone pointed out many, many pages ago, this may not be a record that the coaster itself gets. We may end up taking a record for the park as a whole, such as the record for most inverted/suspended track in one park (as we once had a record for most wooden track in one park. Maybe we still do, I'm not sure...).

Anyone have any idea where that record currently is? I'd bet it isn't a particularly well-documented one. We currently have 4,487 feet of suspended/inverted track. So currently, there are individual coasters that have more. But this one could actually double KI's current inverted-track length. Take out Flight Deck (as it is suspended rather than inverted), and it almost certainly will.

Random thought: if the blueprints are to be believed, where do you guys think the entrance to the ride will be? I always assumed Action Zone, but with how much of the ride is low to the ground between the Action Zone restrooms and the Ice Scream Zone building, what if the entrance is in Oktoberfest? The queue would be under the lift and zero-G.

What ever your answer is to any of the questions I asked, will be the answer to why they WOULD build a sitdown style looping coaster even though they already have Vortex and FOF.

Also...

WHAT IF... "mountain spirit" is being referred to a SFMM? Tatsu is on top of the mountain, right?

I know it is less likely due to Firehawk, but still, WHAT IF?

Apparently I'm on your crap list now because I questioned your logic the other day, and I didn't feel like arguing back and forth with you. I still don't. But let me just say this...

The name "Tatsu" means "flying monster", or "flying beast". I haven't seen any hints that the new coaster was going to dethrone a flying beast. I HAVE seen a reference to the new coaster dethroning a mountain spirit. If you read my comment, you'll see the name "Alpengeist" literally means "Alpine spirit"...or "mountain spirit". And Alpengeist is an invert.

Now, when you referenced Tatsu, but said " I know it is less likely due to Firehawk ", you placed yourself in the same position you're accusing me of being in. I doubt the new coaster will be a sitdown for a number of reasons, only a minor one of which is the fact that we already have 2 sitdown loopers, and this new coaster is supposed to be a world record breaking coaster. A coaster would need to have at least 15 inversions to be a world record breaking sitdown coaster. To break the height record, it would have to be over 465' high. That's not going to happen at KI due to height restrictions. To break the speed record, it would need to go faster than 150 MPH. That's not going to happen either due to the layout we see on the blueprints.

The major reason I doubt it will be a sitdown is because of the layout and positioning of parallel footers coming out of the station, and in the final brake run.

Now, since you're following my posts so closely, read what I said in this comment earlier. Please note that I said I was only 98% convinced it would be an invert. There is a minor bit of wiggle room, but not for it being a sitdown.

• Like 1

I don't see 218 feet to be honest. I'm really leaning more toward the inversion record than height. Although, as someone pointed out many, many pages ago, this may not be a record that the coaster itself gets. We may end up taking a record for the park as a whole, such as the record for most inverted/suspended track in one park (as we once had a record for most wooden track in one park. Maybe we still do, I'm not sure...).

Anyone have any idea where that record currently is? I'd bet it isn't a particularly well-documented one. We currently have 4,487 feet of suspended/inverted track. So currently, there are individual coasters that have more. But this one could actually double KI's current inverted-track length. Take out Flight Deck (as it is suspended rather than inverted), and it almost certainly will.

The news has already reported it as world record breaking....not park record breaking. ;)

• Like 2

From what I read about the world record breaking it will not be the fastest or tallest - but could break record of longest steel coaster (8133 ft in Japan) SOB was 7032 ft already and cleared more land to break that record , and break the record for tallest vertical loop or drop for inversion coaster (tallest loop 160 ft. Great America or 170 ft. drop Gatekeeper). given KI is always about breaking records to make it unique to the park.

The news has already reported it as world record breaking....not park record breaking. ;)

He means that the park as a whole would break the world record for most inverted track in a single park.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. The coaster would increase some statistic for the park as a whole, and in doing so, the park would claim a world record. The record, however would be a record for "Most x in one park" rather than "Most x on one coaster", if that makes any more sense.

I'm not getting at this ride having the most inverted track at KI, I'm talking more about this ride increasing the amount of inverted track among ALL KI rides to an amount that gives Kings Island the world record. If that makes more sense.

Edit: Darn jcgoble3...

• Like 4

I think SFMM trumps KI even with the 2014 ride. They have Ninja, Tatsu and Batman and if you want to get really technical, add in X2 and Green Lantern, which have points where the track is inverted. I'm guessing KI doesn't come close.

It would seem unnecessarily complicated and counterintuitive to have the queue entrance so far from the station.

You mean like Flight Deck? Or Whitewater Canyon? :)

I think that's a bit different since the rides are so far removed from the park in the first place.