Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I honestly dont think it will be called Banshee. I think the park wants us to think that.

I'm curious why you think that, given all signs point to Banshee and CF got trademark licensing for it. Unless Banshee will be a new ride in the future at another park? Though that still doesn't explain all the theming that points towards the name Banshee
Trademarks are cheap

Every enthusiasts in 08 thought the coaster was going to be called Mustang. All the clues pointed to that also. I think it will be a scary theme but not called Banshee.

• Like 1

I honestly dont think it will be called Banshee. I think the park wants us to think that.

I'm curious why you think that, given all signs point to Banshee and CF got trademark licensing for it. Unless Banshee will be a new ride in the future at another park? Though that still doesn't explain all the theming that points towards the name Banshee
Trademarks are cheap
Every enthusiasts in 08 thought the coaster was going to be called Mustang. All the clues pointed to that also. I think it will be a scary theme but not called Banshee.

Did CF have a trademark out for Mustang? Or would they not be able to obtain that because of Ford? I know it was stated that trademarks are cheap, and maybe they just got one for a diversion and the theme points to a future ride elsewhere, but I just doubt that. I guess we will find out who all is right and wrong on Thursday :)

On a different sort of note, just for fun, I drew a path following Vortex's track with the Google Earth ruler. it came out to 3264.21 feet (assumming a flat path with no elevation changes). Vortex's actual length is 3,800 feet. So the difference is roughly 15-16%. We could use similar numbers and the scale of the blueprint, and we could probably calculate a rough range for the coaster's length. Anyone with the proper know-how want to take a stab at it?

I was going to do that the other night, but was going to have to do a lot of resizing it to get it to match google maps for scale, so I decided I'd rather wait for someone else to do it. lol

I figured out from the video (when zoomed into this location) every 10ft=1 and 1/8th CM. If this starts right where we think it is and has an angle of 45 degrees we could be seeing something tall, invert, dive or flyer...only if there is a tall incline.

kisunday_zpseb2bf5e6.png

• Like 3

Trademarks are cheap

Ahem.

YAY! I'm finally at 500 posts. Where are the fireworks?

What - no fireworks?

Okay, bring on the whi....te milk. Yeah, that's it. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I had your back. I watched plenty of fireworks for you at the Reds game. Three homers. 8-3 win. Go Redlegs!

Also, how are some people seriously still questioning the name? Not only is it trademarked, but all the theming clues match up to it. I really don't think the park would fake this one. And, please, no one mention Mustang. Banshee has a significant amount of more evidence than Mustang did.

Did you skip right over my post?

• Like 1

I figured out from the video (when zoomed into this location) every 10ft=1 and 1/8th CM. If this starts right where we think it is and has an angle of 45 degrees we could be seeing something tall, invert, dive or flyer...only if there is a tall incline.

kisunday_zpseb2bf5e6.png

Yeah, I did that with the footers and google maps a while back. A typical 35 degree lift would put it around 150. For it to approach 200, it would have to be a 45 which, AFAIK, has not been done on an invert.

Posted Image

Yeah, I did that with the footers and google maps a while back. A typical 35 degree lift would put it around 150. For it to approach 200, it would have to be a 45 which, AFAIK, has not been done on an invert.

Well that could be your record breaking factor right there!

kisunday_zpseb2bf5e6.png

Guys I got the world record

STEEPEST LIFT HILL ON AN INVERT

Edit:to slow

Trademarks are cheap

Did CF have a trademark out for Mustang? Or would they not be able to obtain that because of Ford? I know it was stated that trademarks are cheap, and maybe they just got one for a diversion and the theme points to a future ride elsewhere, but I just doubt that. I guess we will find out who all is right and wrong on Thursday :)

I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying you could be wrong :)

Posted Image

I noted that in my previous post.... :P

I'm surprised no one added this when they ruled out flying coaster, but designers wouldn't design flying coasters where you take on high g maneuvers like vertical loops, dive loops and Immelmans while on your stomach. Notice that all looping maneuvers on B&M's and Vekoma flyers have it where the highest g's are while you're on your back. Unless this is a weird flying coaster where the majority of it is on your back, I'm guessing it isn't one.

• Like 3

I take offense to riding a ride that is named after a woman killing a man....

And I take offense to someone overtaking all topics that could otherwise be pleasant conversations with nonsense about how every ride is inferior to Intamin, how people dressing how they want for their own personal hobbies is lame, and now, apparently, how the act of murder is somehow made worse if the murderer is a female when the victim is male. But hey, that's just me. Apparently I'm in some kind of a minority, so that's what an ignore list is for.

• Like 6

Trademarks are cheap

Lol. Yea I could be wrong, but so could you! :P that reminds me of a shirt my fiancé has.... "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"

Does anyone see a MCBR in the video? I cant figure out how they would monitor three train operation without one......***except....if the train is launched up the lifthill and then the returning coaster triggers the launch...

I apologize for being clueless but what is a MCBR?

kisunday_zpseb2bf5e6.png

Edit:to slow

If it is a 45 degree lift, it would also be the tallest invert in the world. Probably would get longest drop and I'd guess fastest as well.

Trademarks are cheap

Lol. Yea I could be wrong, but so could you! :P that reminds me of a shirt my fiancé has.... "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"

60% of the time i'm right all the time

davidw doesn't really really know anything, he is just speculating

• Like 2

I'm surprised no one added this when they ruled out flying coaster, but designers wouldn't design flying coasters where you take on high g maneuvers like vertical loops, dive loops and Immelmans while on your stomach. Notice that all looping maneuvers on B&M's and Vekoma flyers have it where the highest g's are while you're on your back. Unless this is a weird flying coaster where the majority of it is on your back, I'm guessing it isn't one.

maybe the seats could be 4 dimensional with each row rotating into different positions along the path of the ride.

• Like 1

Hold on. There may be to much stress on the track/wheels if a invert goes up the lift at 45 degrees. Compared to a sitdown sitting on the track. Just speculating.

Remember these are second generation trains. If there is too much stress it is very simple you beef up the wheel assembly's.

Does anyone see a MCBR in the video? I cant figure out how they would monitor three train operation without one......***except....if the train is launched up the lifthill and then the returning coaster triggers the launch...

Most likely there will be 4 blocks. Station, lift, brake run after helix(like on tatsu), and the final brake run. Most likely it will run like tatsu but with better operations

Trademarks are cheap

60% of the time i'm right all the time

davidw doesn't really really know anything, he is just speculating

I apologize for being clueless but what is a MCBR?

mid course brake run

I think there is plenty of room for one after the first zero g/cork and the norwegian/batwing/dive+immelman device, but I don't know what it would look like on a footer map.