Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Does anyone see a MCBR in the video? I cant figure out how they would monitor three train operation without one......***except....if the train is launched up the lifthill and then the returning coaster triggers the launch...

I apologize for being clueless but what is a MCBR?

Mid Course Brake Run....an emergency stopping point (on Diamond back, it is on the return trip just after the photo spot)

I honestly dont think it will be called Banshee. I think the park wants us to think that.

I'm curious why you think that, given all signs point to Banshee and CF got trademark licensing for it. Unless Banshee will be a new ride in the future at another park? Though that still doesn't explain all the theming that points towards the name Banshee
Trademarks are cheap
Every enthusiasts in 08 thought the coaster was going to be called Mustang. All the clues pointed to that also. I think it will be a scary theme but not called Banshee.
Did CF have a trademark out for Mustang? Or would they not be able to obtain that because of Ford? I know it was stated that trademarks are cheap, and maybe they just got one for a diversion and the theme points to a future ride elsewhere, but I just doubt that. I guess we will find out who all is right and wrong on Thursday :)
I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying you could be wrong :)
Lol. Yea I could be wrong, but so could you! :P that reminds me of a shirt my fiancé has.... "I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
60% of the time i'm right all the time

davidw doesn't really really know anything, he is just speculating

Does anyone see a MCBR in the video? I cant figure out how they would monitor three train operation without one......***except....if the train is launched up the lifthill and then the returning coaster triggers the launch...

I apologize for being clueless but what is a MCBR?
mid course brake run

Thanks for the clarification. :)

I'm surprised no one added this when they ruled out flying coaster, but designers wouldn't design flying coasters where you take on high g maneuvers like vertical loops, dive loops and Immelmans while on your stomach. Notice that all looping maneuvers on B&M's and Vekoma flyers have it where the highest g's are while you're on your back. Unless this is a weird flying coaster where the majority of it is on your back, I'm guessing it isn't one.

maybe the seats could be 4 dimensional with each row rotating into different positions along the path of the ride.

You just described a 4th dimension coaster, not a flying coaster.

It stands for Mid-Course Brake Run. It is simply a stretch of breaks typically in the middle of a ride's course that sometimes is used to warrant 3 train operation.

Yeah makes sense now, like Diamondback and Vortex and FoF :)

I think there is plenty of room for one after the first zero g/cork and the norwegian/batwing/dive+immelman device, but I don't know what it would look like on a footer map.

I thought maybe coming out of the batwing before the drop into the vertical loop...but it doesn't show on the blueprint...at least not where I could see it.

It stands for Mid-Course Brake Run. It is simply a stretch of breaks typically in the middle of a ride's course that sometimes is used to warrant 3 train operation.

Yeah makes sense now, like Diamondback and Vortex and FoF :)

Precisely, you are correct. :)

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one added this when they ruled out flying coaster, but designers wouldn't design flying coasters where you take on high g maneuvers like vertical loops, dive loops and Immelmans while on your stomach. Notice that all looping maneuvers on B&M's and Vekoma flyers have it where the highest g's are while you're on your back. Unless this is a weird flying coaster where the majority of it is on your back, I'm guessing it isn't one.

maybe the seats could be 4 dimensional with each row rotating into different positions along the path of the ride.

You just described a 4th dimension coaster, not a flying coaster.

Yes...what if it were a new seating design on an inverted coaster with computer servos that rotate the rows of seats at any given point.....inverted/flying coaster....just speculating.

IF the ride had to e stop on a mcbr, It would probably valley trying to get back around. Like I said on b&m's the only elements after a mcbr are flat spins and take little to no effort.

The only invert that I can think of that has a vertical loop along with wing overs/flatspins/corkscrews after the MCBR is Montu.

And come to think of it, I was looking at Montu's blueprints and the MCBR is not visible either just like the leaked blueprints for Kings Island.

8otau0008v30glkdgbvjg0.jpg

The MCBR on Montu would be between the batwing and the second vertical loop.

• Like 1

OK guys, so I overlaid the blueprint on Google Earth and drew out the path with the ruler. With a totally flat path, we're looking at around 2,560 feet. So we know that this coaster is NO LESS than that. I'm going to assume about 15-20% beyond that (For my calculation, I'm using 18%) would put us in the realm of our actual length. And so, we have a ride on our hands with a length somewhere around 3,000 feet. Give or take. This is extremely non-precise speculation with a heaping helping of guesstimation.

Again, this all assumes the blueprints are legit, which I personally believe they are.

• Like 6

I am thinking that the station will be a building and there will be a preshow explaining the folklore of the Banshee. Then the building opens up in front of you and you are going up the lift hill. As you go up on board audio is playing demonic and very slow speed music. When you drop you go underground to avoid Delirium. While going through you here a Banshees scream.From there you pull into the biggest Immelmann in the world. After that you pull into the loop that wants the car to pull off the tracks you are going so fast. Then going into a corkscrew that inverts underground. Then a little bunny hop thing before you hit the batwing coming out to the loop then inclined dive loop to a zero g roll. Finally a helix into the mcbr then a right turn to align with the second brake run like tatsu to allow three train operations. The mcbr and brake run will be at the end incased in the building that has the station and transfer track. When you hit mcbr and brake run they will explain that you survived the wrath of the Banshee and how it's demise came to be

• Like 3

Well as much as I want to stay up and keep following this topic, I need sleep. I am going to go by Clermont Steel Fabricators tomorrow after church and see what I can see :) I will take my camera and take pics if I see anything. I'm assuming I will since I read a post by someone stating the track is blue.

• Like 5

OK guys, so I overlaid the blueprint on Google Earth and drew out the path with the ruler. With a totally flat path, we're looking at around 2,560 feet. So we know that this coaster is NO LESS than that. I'm going to assume about 15-20% beyond that (For my calculation, I'm using 18%) would put us in the realm of our actual length. And so, we have a ride on our hands with a length somewhere around 3,000 feet. Give or take. This is extremely non-precise speculation with a heaping helping of guesstimation.

Again, this all assumes the blueprints are legit, which I personally believe they ar

That makes me believe that very possibly it could be in the top 10 inverts in the world for length

Well as much as I want to stay up and keep following this topic, I need sleep. I am going to go by Clermont Steel Fabricators tomorrow after church and see what I can see :) I will take my camera and take pics if I see anything. I'm assuming I will since I read a post by someone stating the track is blue.

Make sure yo stay on the road. We don't need another trespassing incident.
  • Like 6

Technically, Wizard of Oz happened after events of Wicked.

I was making a joke with my statement by quoting the show:

"It's Galinda, with a Ga."

Start at 24 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64_zksSkZrg

I've never seen the show, so I wouldn't have recognized your joke. But now that you've cleared that up, it was funny. I get it now. ;)

If you google, youngstud KIC, click on images....

You get similar results no matter which KIC member you type in.

I honestly dont think it will be called Banshee. I think the park wants us to think that.

I'm curious why you think that, given all signs point to Banshee and CF got trademark licensing for it. Unless Banshee will be a new ride in the future at another park? Though that still doesn't explain all the theming that points towards the name Banshee

Trademarks are cheap

So the silver comb with gray hair was just a ruse?

On a different sort of note, just for fun, I drew a path following Vortex's track with the Google Earth ruler. it came out to 3264.21 feet (assumming a flat path with no elevation changes). Vortex's actual length is 3,800 feet. So the difference is roughly 15-16%. We could use similar numbers and the scale of the blueprint, and we could probably calculate a rough range for the coaster's length. Anyone with the proper know-how want to take a stab at it?

That would be a little hard to do since the actual layout isn't on a map anywhere. To try and measure it using the scale on the blueprint would be a bit tedious since all we have thus far is a video image of it.

Did you skip right over my post?

Who are you talking to?

Make sure yo stay on the road. We don't need another trespassing incident.

Oh? Did someone already attempt this?? Lol I will be safe :) thanks for the advice.

IF the ride had to e stop on a mcbr, It would probably valley trying to get back around. Like I said on b&m's the only elements after a mcbr are flat spins and take little to no effort.

Usually in morning test runs, they perform a block check.

They stop train 1 on the MCBR, and dispatch train 2 up the lift. Train 2 will stop when it reaches the top of the lift.

I have been on Diamondback when it has stopped for several moments a couple times. Not once have I felt like we were going to valley.

Also, Montu after the MCBR is epic!

Dive into the ground.

Loop half in the ground

Helix up then drop.

queue flyby

drop into ground

corkscrew half in the ground.

IF the ride had to e stop on a mcbr, It would probably valley trying to get back around.  Like I said on b&m's the only elements after a mcbr are flat spins and take little to no effort.

A train can fully stop in the mcbr, as per design to prevent a train from entering the next block if occupied and to separate the ride from top of lift to mcbr. During morning block checks a train is fully stopped in mcbr, then blocks tested, and then the brakes are released and train finishes the course before stopping in the next brake run section

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

First time poster here so be gentle.. It doesn't appear that the blueprints in the video are completely accurate. As an example. one of the triangular footers already poured has bolts for 4 supports but the blueprint only shows 3. In this case it's easy to tell that it's L7R that is missing. Same thing with L3R, a footer in the blueprint shows 2 support but the footer already poured has 3. There's at least one other support after the 2nd loop that only has 1 of 2 (or more) footers on the blueprint. Also, the track layout doesn't make sense at times, especially the final helix. I would expect that the footers would all be inside the helix on an invert but some are inside, some outside.

• Like 3