Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Wait it opens on Thursday?

Yes! You can ride the Footer ride!

New for 2014: Leap the Footers! An all new, world record breaking ride in which guests are strapped to harnesses and leap to and from various shapes and sizes of concrete blocks! Kings Island is making the initiative in rides that are not only fun, but are good for your health. Breaking the world record for healthiest ride, Leap the Footers will allow guests to burn over 100 calories while embarking on their concrete hopping adventure. Don't miss out on this cheap, $5 one-of-a-kind experience! Even given the thumbs up by the First Lady herself, this ride will thrill and energize guests of all ages for year to come.

You're going to be weeping uncontrollably when you see that's what we're actually getting.

Ooops...did I say too much?

• Like 4

I think as of right now, it is safe to say that the world records that will be broken will more than likely only pertain to the coaster type itself.

I.e Worlds tallest Dive Coaster or Worlds Fastest Inverted Coaster...I do not see it being coaster with most inversions, or tallest coaster in the world.

Let's see if we can really try to find out what the records might be.

We know from what we saw on blueprints that there are only somewhere in the range of 6-8 inversions. Height doesn't seem like it will rise too tall. (Way, way , way back in the beginning of this page we talked about height restrictions. What are they? Or are they even real?)

Realistically based off what we know and see what potential records could be broken?

• Like 1

Is there something I don't know...

I think there is a lot you don't know. Firstly, construction is nowhere near finished on the new ride. There is no way it would be open for this years Haunt.

Secondly, I don't think KI is going to open a roller coaster just for the Haunt and not the rest of season.

Thirdly, all the scary theming serves one of two purposes:

1. Hint at the ride being called Banshee (do your research on this)

OR

2. Throw us WAY off the path of what this coaster is going to be.

• Like 1

I think as of right now, it is safe to say that the world records that will be broken will more than likely only pertain to the coaster type itself.

I.e Worlds tallest Dive Coaster or Worlds Fastest Inverted Coaster...I do not see it being coaster with most inversions, or tallest coaster in the world.

We know from what we saw on blueprints that there are only somewhere in the range of 6-8 inversions. Height doesn't seem like it will rise too tall. (Way, way , way back in the beginning of this page we talked about height restrictions. What are they? Or are they even real?)

Realistically based off what we know and see what potential records could be broken?

I agree with what you're saying. Record breaking in that roller-coaster's genre.

Let me be the first to welcome you to KIC, and offer a bit of advice:

Reading is your friend. A little research goes a long way.

Yes, there are things you don't know.

I'm not trying to sound snotty, nor am I trying to insult you, but all your questions can be answered by simply reading through the previous pages of this forum, and by simply doing a bit of research before posting. ;)

• Like 2

I think there is a lot you don't know. Firstly, construction is nowhere near finished on the new ride. There is no way it would be open for this years Haunt.

Secondly, I don't think KI is going to open a roller coaster just for the Haunt and not the rest of season.

OR

My friend said the ride was going to be called "Intamin." Or something like that. And why would they be putting SCARY stuff in the Action Zone if its not for the Halloween Haunt?

Well height restrictions aren't an issue as there are 300 foot tall rides in the park. This thing will be between 150 and 250. I'm figuring closer to 150 unless they go real steep on the lift and then we could have tallest invert. Fastest invert and longest drop are definitely in play. Longest is possible, but someone mapped it out on here and their numbers suggest otherwise. Most inversions for an invert is realistic. I can see 7 for sure on the blueprint. An 8th to take the most would be a logical step. I think "tallest dive loop" is probably going to be one of them. Maybe tallest vert loop. Of course all of these are "on an inverted coaster"

• Like 1

My friend said the ride was going to be called "Intamin." Or something like that. And why would they be putting SCARY stuff in the Action Zone if its not for the Halloween Haunt?

You don't happen to have a 3rd cousin twice removed that goes by the name of YoungStud?
  • Like 11

OR

1. Intamin is the name of a company which designs rides including roller coasters. It was brought up early as a possible designer for a giga coaster before we had more evidence

2. There were the signs about the paranormal activity at the park on opening day, well before the park brings up anything on the Haunt plus the pamplets advertising the announcement have those type of hints as well which point more specifically to what the ride will be named

• Like 3

So what if everything has gotten made up and that blueprint could be a prototype (or something close to that type of thing. It could be real, but I really don't feel like going back and reading 30 pages to see what y'all think) I'm not sure if They usually throw people off but what if they are and they've gone through all this strategic planning to make us think its an inverted named Banshee. It could be a giga named lollipops for all I know. I guess I will see what it is on the 8.

tallest

fastest

first diving Immelmann loop (not sure there is another out there...correct me if I'm wrong, Alpengeist's Immelmann loops from bottom up....I think this one dives overhead)

first pretzel loop on an inverted coaster

most inversions

fastest line in park (until Fastlane opens for the day)

Oziris has a dive loop

http://rcdb.com/9675.htm?p=39601

Edit: oops the was the immelmann, here is the dive loop: http://rcdb.com/9675.htm?p=39584

• Like 1

OR

Themeing, Build up, Hype, Excitement, doing what should be done, Banshee. :P Why can't they have a scary themed ride without it being haunt related? Not all of us can or goto the haunt so why not have something scary them year around. Just adds to the park. :)

So what if everything has gotten made up and that blueprint could be a prototype (or something close to that type of thing. It could be real, but I really don't feel like going back and reading 30 pages to see what y'all think) I'm not sure if They usually throw people off but what if they are and they've gone through all this strategic planning to make us think its an inverted named Banshee. It could be a giga named lollipops for all I know. I guess I will see what it is on the 8.

If the blueprint is a fake, it was done by King's Island themselves. And they went as far as to fake the actual footers in the ground and the track pieces at CSF to match their fake Blueprint.

ie - its real.

• Like 2

I don't get members that are saying they won't go digging through the topic to find information pertaining to your posts and carry on a conversation. There is a search button at the top right of the page, which you can search through this topic specifically. Stuff you guys are apparently 'digging through' took me less than 20 seconds to find using the search feature.

• Like 4

That person needs to learn how to drive in their lane...

You didn't know that's typical?? People have no sense, and don't realize cars were built to be able to handle bumps in the road!!! They would rather drive over the lines and brake to 1/2 a mph to go over a 1/16 inch deep pothole :P

Well actually even if they are small, pot holes can really jack up a vehical, it can pop tires, tear up suspension.

My source for this is that i am a mechanic and ive seen pot holes do some damage to cars, including mine, i thought it was small so i didnt care if i hit it, next thing i know is i have a flat.

*EDIT* spelling

• Like 4

OR

Themeing, Build up, Hype, Excitement, doing what should be done, Banshee. :P Why can't they have a scary themed ride without it being haunt related? Not all of us can or goto the haunt so why not have something scary them year around. Just adds to the park. :)

Maybe you guys all think the scary stuff is for the new roller coaster but its really for a new Halloween Haunt.......

OR

Ok here's a run down.

The ride is rumored to be called Banshee because Cedar Fair got trademark licensing to use that name for an amusement park ride and souvenirs.

All that scary stuff has to do with the Celtic mythological belief about the Banshee.

The Banshee is rumored to look like an old hag, hence the old hag looking scarecrow thing behind the fence.

She is rumored to appear right before or right after someone dies, hence the celtic cross tombstones.

She is also rumored to screech right before or right after someone dies, and that screech is rumored to sound something like a cross between a woman's shriek and the moan of an owl, hence the owl figurines in the trees....

Like I said, do your research, read back posts on this thread, you will learn a lot. I learned all this by doing research and following this thread :)

That person needs to learn how to drive in their lane...

You didn't know that's typical?? People have no sense, and don't realize cars were built to be able to handle bumps in the road!!! They would rather drive over the lines and brake to 1/2 a mph to go over a 1/16 inch deep pothole :P

Well actually even if they are small, pot holes can really jack up a vehical, it can pop tires, tear up suspension.

My source for this is that i am a mechanic and ive seen pot holes do some damage to cars, including mine, i thought it was small so i didnt care if i hit it, next thing j know is i have a flat

Indeed. Driving through Five Points intersection in Fairborn last year, the pickup truck in front of me hit a pothole with his trailer and instantly blew a tire on it. Potholes are not good on tires.

• Like 4

OR

Ok here's a run down.

The ride is rumored to be called Banshee because Cedar Fair got trademark licensing to use that name for an amusement park ride and souvenirs.

All that scary stuff has to do with the Celtic mythological belief about the Banshee.

The Banshee is rumored to look like an old hag, hence the old hag looking scarecrow thing behind the fence.

She is rumored to appear right before or right after someone dies, hence the celtic cross tombstones.

She is also rumored to screech right before or right after someone dies, and that screech is rumored to sound something like a cross between a woman's shriek and the moan of an owl, hence the owl figurines in the trees....

Like I said, do your research, read back posts on this thread, you will learn a lot. I learned all this by doing research and following this thread :)

But what are the "NO CAMPING" signs for? That's the only thing I haven't figured out yet.

• Like 1

OR

Maybe you guys all think the scary stuff is for the new roller coaster but its really for a new Halloween Haunt.......

Ok I'm calling it. She's hopeless. We are wasting our time trying to explain all this. Hopefully she will pay attention to the announcement on Thursday.

OR

I don't recall parks putting up teasers on opening day for Haunt attractions, especially teasers specifically in front of the very construction they're teasing for. Haunt info doesn't usually come up until late July/early August.

I should say this about the posts I've recently put. I'm just joking, I seriously don't think it would be lollipop themed EVER, I just needed a laugh. (if it was they could just rename Action Zone to candy land) but i have a serious question, is there any other Cedar Fair trademarks that aren't being used?

I should say this about the posts I've recently put. I'm just joking, I seriously don't think it would be lollipop themed EVER, I just needed a laugh. (if it was they could just rename Action Zone to candy land) but i have a serious question, is there any other Cedar Fair trademarks that aren't being used?

There are bunches! You can see many of their trademarks here:

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

The Fastpay one intrigues me. Could we be seeing something like Holicash at Cedar Fair parks in the future?

Edit: Apparently Dorney Park is already test marketing this. Interesting. I doubt I'd use it, but more available amenities can never be bad.