Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

And another thing. Have you guys noticed how the last 2 Cedar Fair roller coaster announcements went?

Leviathan: Announced at 7am on a morning television show (lasted about 5-10 minutes).

Gatekeeper: Pretty much a big speech and nothing else.

From what it looks like, Kings Island is putting a lot of effort into this announcement, Why? Well, with Leviathan and Gatekeeper, they were quite impressive roller coasters (Leviathan: first giga in Canada and first B&M giga; Gatekeeper: Broke several records, IMO has a good sequence of elements, and the front entrance was still completely redone)

If this is the showing of any trend for Cedar Fair, Kings Island is making a huge announcement in order to make the roller coaster look way better than it really is.

Or the coaster is so incredible that they are giving it the show it deserves.

• Like 6

Why would KI leak the documents? To help build awareness and hype.

I agree with the idea to throw off a bunch of fans with fake blueprints, but I personally have my doubts. My love for public relations is endless, but there are certain stunts you wouldn't go through with. The time and the effort, on top of the cost to have someone make a fake round of blueprints, just seems excessive to me. If Don were to release this as a stunt, what would the purpose be? I'm just confused. A giant diversion would be fun, but you would have to expect that the news and media would see it. Why would you want the news to have a false plan presented to them? 90% of the people are going to watch the news and now get excited over something that isn't happening. In this case, the media didn't really report anything that we didn't know, but you would have to be willing to take that bet. I'll say now that I believe these blueprints are real. Too much detail, and adding up for it to be true, If it was a diversion, there would be a giant unanswered question for us to speculate over. As a PR stunt, i would be more inclined to expect a small picture of the blueprint that maybe just showed us a unique feature, not a video that shows every single line drawn of the ride.

I think that the blueprints are legit.

It seems to me if the blueprints are fake in some way, then that would imply there are other people involved in the whole ruse besides just KI. I mean, wouldn't the City of Mason be involved, too? Why would they allow KI to file fake documents for a real project? After all, the blueprints are public record, of which news outlets were able to obtain copies. If the City of Mason had copies of the REAL blueprints, wouldn't those be public record, too? So why would KI be so adamant about keeping this all a huge secret? It seems like more trouble than it would be worth.

It's one thing to mess around with the public's perception about something, but I'd think it was something totally different when it comes to legal documents.

The City of Mason could easily be involved if KI really wanted them to. Honestly, by looking at the blue prints, I do not understand how this coaster can be a world recorded breaker for something other than a record like: "Longest Inverted Coaster in the world". The layout really disappoints me and I am hoping its a fake.

You have totally and completely missed my point.

The REAL blueprints are on file with the City of Mason. As such, they are part of the compendium of public records which are accessible by news outlets. If a news outlet requested a copy of those public records, they would receive a copy of the REAL blueprints. I highly HIGHLY doubt the City of Mason is going to involve itself in a fraud just for the sake of perpetuating a ruse by KI toward the public. We're not talking about specs for some top-secret military project involving a never before utlized technology or design for a bomb. We're talking about an amusement park attraction.

• Like 9

A question regarding Fast Lane passes. I don't think the Fast Lane was around when DB opened. At least not for DB. I remember the regular line and the singles line.

Do you think KI will immediately offer this "new attraction" in their Fast Lane lineup or do you think they will hold off a bit and ease it in?

I tend to believe they're real as well, too much wasted energy to pull off a fake set of documents. I doubt the city of mason would be involved, what incentive do they have? Its not like KI can just pick up all their rides and relocate to West Chester. There is no incentive for Mason to keep a fake set of documents on record for a PR stunt.

Some are missing my point too. Here is the Readers Digest version: I don't think the guy from YouTube is affiliated with KI at all.

The media just showed pics of his blueprints or linked to his YouTube page. News 5 didn't show much from the blueprints that the former asst. Gm guy had.

Everyone is saying it's easy to obtain blueprints from The City of Mason. So the actual blueprint itself is not in question.

The guy from YouTube had some free time and did some editing on a copy he obtained...if you have the artstic ablity it wouldn't be difficult.

KI saw it and either he is way off, kinda right or spot on and they are using the free publicity to their advantage...no one but KI knows if the drawing we saw on YouTube is real or not.

We will find out this Thursday @ 10:00 pm in Action Zone.

The guy from YouTube had some free time and did some editing on a copy he obtained...if you have the artstic ablity it wouldn't be difficult.

Yes it would. Of course it would. You would need extensive knowledge of footers, serial numbers, B&M design, supports, and probably months of time to draw that by hand... Your statement is incredibly ignorant, those blueprints are 100% REAL...

• Like 3

And another thing. Have you guys noticed how the last 2 Cedar Fair roller coaster announcements went?

Leviathan: Announced at 7am on a morning television show (lasted about 5-10 minutes).

Gatekeeper: Pretty much a big speech and nothing else.

From what it looks like, Kings Island is putting a lot of effort into this announcement, Why? Well, with Leviathan and Gatekeeper, they were quite impressive roller coasters (Leviathan: first giga in Canada and first B&M giga; Gatekeeper: Broke several records, IMO has a good sequence of elements, and the front entrance was still completely redone)

If this is the showing of any trend for Cedar Fair, Kings Island is making a huge announcement in order to make the roller coaster look way better than it really is.

Orrrrrr KI has a really amazing marketing team who loves their job. They're creating more hype and buzz leading up to the announcement. They're putting a story behind this ride, rather than simply building something and giving it a random name. They seem to be putting a lot of work into this ride and the theme.

THANKS DON :D

• Like 15

*sigh*

Where is Terp when I need him to help me explain this stuff?

Signed, Secondson - who has other things to do this afternoon besides banging my head against a brick wall trying to make people understand that the NEWS outlets themselves made public records requests from the City of Mason. They aren't relying on the YouTube video.

It would be very difficult to do get the "real" documents from the city, then alter them your self. It would be a complete waste of time, and possibly illegal.

There is a standard disclaimer that SSA (and many other companies) put at the bottom of their drawings stating that the information contained on the plan is the exclusive property of SSA and not to be used without the written consent of SSA.

If KI didn't like someone sneaking onto the property in the middle of the night, SSA isn't going to like someone taking their documents and altering them w/o their consent and likely wouldn't appreciate KI attaching a link to the doctored documents.

Those prints are real, generated by SSA. They are, IMHO a version (may not be the most up to date) that are being used to build the footers for this attraction, or it may be a "fake" set created by SSA to help KI w/ a PR stunt. It is very unlikely that anyone outside of SSA generated those plans.

• Like 3

Yes it would. Of course it would. You would need extensive knowledge of footers, serial numbers, B&M design, supports, and probably months of time to draw that by hand... Your statement is incredibly ignorant, those blueprints are 100% REAL...

Lmao! Speaking of incredibly ignorant...I never said the blueprints were fake...I said the blueprints were not in question. I also said the YouTube guy is either spot on, kinda right or not at all with his drawing....if he did draw it, which he may not have. You don't have to get so hateful and defensive about it, just relax and take a deep breath.. Keep Calm and wait until this Thursday @ 10:00 pm in Action Zone.

• Like 2

Lmao! Speaking of incredibly ignorant...I never said the blueprints were fake...I said the blueprints were not in question. I also said the YouTube guy is either spot on, kinda right or not at all with his drawing....if he did draw it, which he may not have. You don't have to get so hateful and defensive about it, just relax and take a deep breath.. Keep Calm and wait until this Thursday @ 10:00 pm in Action Zone.

How would he even draw those? They're printed on. All I'm saying is that you don't really know anything you're talking about here. Lol, I'm not worked up, I'm just annoyed at things people say without knowing the subject of which they speak. Also, learn what ignorant means. (It doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you simply don't know)

• Like 1

^^ So what will happen to KI if come Thursday we all find out the prints the media outlets are not 100% correct?

Then I am of the belief that KI paid SSA to make an additional set of documents that were faked and leaked them as a PR stunt.

Probably nothing will happen to KI itself, other than announcement of project 2014. If they were faked, for whatever reason, nobody will really care.

In all honesty, looking at the already poured footers and the plan, the first part of the ride makes complete sense to me, they could change what is in the back of the ride, the parts that are hard to see from the tower and/or not poured yet, but too much lines up for those plans not to be fairly accurate.

• Like 1

Reading through these last 8 pages have been great. Captain Nemo being a hero, secondson talking to himself (no they're more like asides in a theater), and classic Youngstud. Along with a bunch of new members that all only talk about Intamin!

Great read. Can't wait for the Announcement Thursday.

• Like 7

I really wish I lived in the Cincy area......

If I did, I would go down to the City of Mason Engineering and Building, 6000 Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040 M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM and request to view these building plans.

You know since these are easily attainable by the public it would be nice to see in person to validate any suspicions on their credibility.

Not sure why nobody has......I thought you guys was enthusiast!!!

• Like 2

How would he even draw those? They're printed on. All I'm saying is that you don't really know anything you're talking about here. Lol, I'm not worked up, I'm just annoyed at things people say without knowing the subject of which they speak. Also, learn what ignorant means. (It doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you simply don't know)

Well you seemed really worked up over it, but no worries...it didn't hurt my feelings. I guess I'm not an expert in blueprints like you clearly are and question the credibility of a random guy on YouTube that pops up out of nowhere. He could have the real deal but I can't tell from the video if it's printed or drawn which is why I questioned it. I'm still on the fence though as to why and what the blue paper was hiding. In your professional opinion do you think that was the ride name/logo...I'm ignorant when it comes to blueprints and I'm really curious as to what was behind that paper....it bothered me the entire 13min of watching it.

• Like 1

I'm still on the fence though as to why and what the blue paper was hiding. In your professional opinion do you think that was the ride name/logo...I'm ignorant when it comes to blueprints and I'm really curious as to what was behind that paper....it bothered me the entire 13min of watching it.

On the first print the "blue paper" was covering up Invertigo....I doubt they would slap any names in that location.

And yes that paper and what is was hiding has bugged me since seeing the video. And we have yet to get a good explanation as to why is was even there.

• Like 1

It's hard not to notice that the new ride is drawn really thin, like just a single line, while the other coasters seem to have more "meat" to their drawings. Just sayin'.

that's because those drawings are not meant to show the coaster or any of the supports, its mearly for the footers. The coaster is drawin in lightly as a single line as a point of reference, its intended to blend into the background so it doesn't clutter up the footers that the plan is intending. That is a fairly common practice in construction. Show heavily the stuff that you are responsible, lighten up everything else so people know what they are responsible for. Drawing even states that its shown for reference only.

• Like 3

I wonder when KI Club members will learn of the new ride. Don did suggest that they would be the first to know.

Some guy on YouTube has already told everyone...now we just need stats and a name.

Seriously though, I've been pondering that myself.

Well you seemed really worked up over it, but no worries...it didn't hurt my feelings. I guess I'm not an expert in blueprints like you clearly are and question the credibility of a random guy on YouTube that pops up out of nowhere. He could have the real deal but I can't tell from the video if it's printed or drawn which is why I questioned it. I'm still on the fence though as to why and what the blue paper was hiding. In your professional opinion do you think that was the ride name/logo...I'm ignorant when it comes to blueprints and I'm really curious as to what was behind that paper....it bothered me the entire 13min of watching it.

Who knows? I would venture to guess that they didn't cover up any name as it has little to do with construction. I think it is most likely nothing important, and not trying to hide anything. It's not covering the title block of the drawing anyway, that's where the bulk of info like a name would be.

It's hard not to notice that the new ride is drawn really thin, like just a single line, while the other coasters seem to have more "meat" to their drawings. Just sayin'.

that's because those drawings are not meant to show the coaster or any of the supports, its mearly for the footers. The coaster is drawin in lightly as a single line as a point of reference, its intended to blend into the background so it doesn't clutter up the footers that the plan is intending. That is a fairly common practice in construction. Show heavily the stuff that you are responsible, lighten up everything else so people know what they are responsible for. Drawing even states that its shown for reference only.

That makes sense. Thank you.