Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Please let it be called The Bat. Would be the most incredible thing in the history of incredible things.

Not if you're a confused member of the general public.

I don't see any way KI could get a roller coaster with an identical name to an unrelated defunct coaster that many believe caused much death. That just seems like bad PR.

• Like 1

I'm thinking back to that dream I had about Bats flying off into the cornfield screaming like Banshees. I still can hear them saying something I'm pretty sure it was delusional. But there was also a Raven who wouldn't stop saying Nevermore. So who knows maybe a dream is just a dream is just a dream.

• Like 7

I don't see any way KI could get a roller coaster with an identical name to an unrelated defunct coaster that many believe caused much death. That just seems like bad PR.

The people that think that are too old to go to amusement parks now.

• Like 2

I'm thinking back to that dream I had about Bats flying off into the cornfield screaming like Banshees. I still can hear them saying something I'm pretty sure it was delusional. But there was also a Raven who wouldn't stop saying Nevermore. So who knows maybe a dream is just a dream is just a dream.

Or Don has been putting something in your blue ice cream...

• Like 7

I'm with thedevariouseffect. The logo certainly looks real, but most of the text and all of the photos/renderings were placeholders. The purported opening date was "April 27, 2014" - a Sunday.

The few ride details ("tallest wing coaster", etc) shown are likely to be placeholders as well. Sites like this get designed months in advance, often before final copy is available. We'll find out what "The Bat" - or whatever name is being resurrected - is on Thursday.

Clearly, this incomplete site should never have been pushed to a production web server. (Surely Cedar Fair would know by now that there are enthusiasts somewhere reloading URLs like visitkingsisland.com/2014 and visitkingsisland.com/Banshee every 20 minutes...)

Oh lord, I'm so far behind... But at any rate, isn't the 27th the first Sunday after the first Saturday of the season? It couldn't POSSIBLY open to the public that day, as CinFin has their buyout that day every year.

• Like 1

I think we posted before that its to early to be calling the 2014 coaster the Banshee, there are clues that suggest the name would be something else... One of the gravestones translated says "its not all that it seems".. And if you would look up what a Banshee is you would know that a Banshee appears when death is imminent... Why would the Banshee appear after the fact Son of Beast was dismantled.. Now you got all these people shocked that they flirted with The Bat as being the name, you know why? Because they have till August 8 to name the coaster anything they want. This forum keeps spinning in circles and don is loving it.

• Like 1

I do think this is true. Don does fool us a lot but you have to think, it would probably take several hours to do this. I don't think they want to waste time tricking us.

They work in a PR department their entire job revolves around tricking us.........

• Like 9

This is one of the most clever diversions I've ever seen! Although there was this "leak" I am still convinced this is an Invert. My proof is the blueprints which I still believe are legit. Now, I have a few reasons.
1. The supports found on site have the same code as on the plans. You can see this in the first two pictures.
2. The footers in the drawing match the ones that are already built.
3. The station and transfer have two parallel rows of supports like any Invert. Wing Riders have supports directly under the track, unlike this whole coaster. You can see this in the last picture

KG71qEQ.jpguntitled2_1.jpgthumb_untitled3_2.jpguntitled_52.jpg

• Like 2

I'm with thedevariouseffect. The logo certainly looks real, but most of the text and all of the photos/renderings were placeholders. The purported opening date was "April 27, 2014" - a Sunday.

The few ride details ("tallest wing coaster", etc) shown are likely to be placeholders as well. Sites like this get designed months in advance, often before final copy is available. We'll find out what "The Bat" - or whatever name is being resurrected - is on Thursday.

Clearly, this incomplete site should never have been pushed to a production web server. (Surely Cedar Fair would know by now that there are enthusiasts somewhere reloading URLs like visitkingsisland.com/2014 and visitkingsisland.com/Banshee every 20 minutes...)

Oh lord, I'm so far behind... But at any rate, isn't the 27th the first Sunday after the first Saturday of the season? It couldn't POSSIBLY open to the public that day, as CinFin has their buyout that day every year.

Leviathan opened up the 6th of May last year (Sunday), but opened up to passholders on the 27th...of April (Friday).