Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I don't know why people think that this was a fake tease. Think back to Dons post about wanting to ride The Bat again. And if Kings Island wanted to tease the public, would you think that that KI would have done something that would involve someone else noticing besides a coaster enthusiast that keeps on refreshing a page named kingsisland.com/2014 (<that includes me)

• Like 1

i will say this thought, if this bat thingy is indeed our new toy then I'm disappointed in what the term "World Record" means. There should be 5 categories, Height, Length, # inversions, Speed and Drop. This whole "longest inverted" tallest "dive Coaster" is too granular, when did fast stop being fast and tall being tall?

• Like 1

For trademark purposes would "bat" be the same as "The Bat"? I'd say yes and Lagoon would have a winnable suit against Cedar Fair.

If this is the case...then DC Comics would have a case against Lagoon park. So on and so on...

"bat" and "batman" are distinctly different. There also has to be a similarity of usage. A car called a bat and a roller coaster called a bat would not infringe on each other. Two roller coasters called bat would.

Two roller coasters called Diamondback and Diamond Back?

I seriously doubt anyone has any serious doubt (lol) but Don has basically, through lack of words, admitted that this is a coaster. Note this conversation:

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/364491277024239616

He did not use the word "attraction" when asked about "the new coaster". I think anyone with eyes can see that it is a coaster, but does this constitute an admission?

Catching up here... Lol

I find it amusing he said "comb" after sending a silver comb to Fox19 last week. :)

i will say this thought, if this bat thingy is indeed our new toy then I'm disappointed in what the term "World Record" means. There should be 5 categories, Height, Length, # inversions, Speed and Drop. This whole "longest inverted" tallest "dive Coaster" is too granular, when did fast stop being fast and tall being tall?

Just wait. I think they will be using "full circuited inverted" in there somewhere too. lol

For trademark purposes would "bat" be the same as "The Bat"? I'd say yes and Lagoon would have a winnable suit against Cedar Fair.

If this is the case...then DC Comics would have a case against Lagoon park. So on and so on...

"bat" and "batman" are distinctly different. There also has to be a similarity of usage. A car called a bat and a roller coaster called a bat would not infringe on each other. Two roller coasters called bat would.

Two roller coasters called Diamondback and Diamond Back?

Ok, I'm confused. I'd think that would be a conflict. I know companies often misspell names to create trademarks. Thats the only way I can see those two names for coasters being allowed.

Well, unless six flags never trademarked diamond back. So then we have to ask has lagoon tm'ed bat?

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a wing coaster and or a dive machine or an invert. :P But I mean either they was testing out a place holder for the actual website or they're legit bring The Bat back. Witch I wouldn't be surprised at all really. Aslong as they have the old school bat commercial. :P

Going to take the whole capacity down a notch I see. Wild Eagle has 2 trains, but only enough room to put 1 train in the train barn.

Gatekeeper has enough space for 3 trains, but only has 2 bays.

KI2014 footers suggest there is room for 3 inverted or other trains in the maintenance shed, HOWEVER, 3 wing trains will not fit in that space.

I do believe that 3 or 4 mini dive trains (Krake) would fit in there.

I am still not convinced.

I did point out the wide vertical loop which would be room for a dive machine or a wing coaster train. I still want a dive machine. LOVE hanging over the edge right before the drop!

Let's face it, Ohio has just about every style of coaster EXCEPT a dive machine.

• Like 1

I dont get naming it The Bat, I think thats a diversion. Its been said on here before, the public already thinks The Bat killed people at Kings Island. I was on The Beast about a month ago and somebody said The Bat was on the other side of Vortex lol. People think its there and killing people lol. They might as well name it Son of Bat. With all the celtic tombstones, silver comb, ect. I still believe its still called Banshee.

• Like 2

Going to take the whole capacity down a notch I see. Wild Eagle has 2 trains, but only enough room to put 1 train in the train barn.

KI2014 footers suggest there is room for 3 inverted or other trains in the maintenance shed, HOWEVER, 3 wing trains will not fit in that space.

I did point out the wide vertical loop which would be room for a dive machine or a wing coaster train. I still want a dive machine. LOVE hanging over the edge right before the drop!

Let's face it, Ohio has just about every style of coaster EXCEPT a dive machine.

wouldnt putting a dive machine right next to Drop Tower be kinda redundant?

But KI/Don has made mention that this ride is "dark" in tone and nature...so, it would make absolute sense for KI to use the scary reputation associated with The Bat and harness that to build a ride that people may actually be scared to ride. This is the exact concept haunted attractions use when creating there shows. Sounds perfect to me. KI has a small reputation with dangerous rides...why not just use that and create a terrifying (but extremely safe and reliable) ride and name it after a past ride from said reputation.

Brilliant theme park planning and marketing.

-T. Forsaken

• Like 1

^^My point was if the past 2 announcements show any trend, than the park may over-hype the ride.

Maybe they want to over hype it because it is going to cover some of the same ground as SoB and that could deter some from riding it bc they didn't like SoB. I HATED SoB but that won't deter me :)

Also maybe they want to hype it up to attract more people to that section of AZ and draw more people in to Flight Deck :) I have noticed longer lines for that this year than last year.

• Like 1

Wouldn't putting a coaster that hangs below the track right next to 2 others that hang below the track be kinda redundant?

:P

• Like 4

This is one of the most clever diversions I've ever seen! Although there was this "leak" I am still convinced this is an Invert. My proof is the blueprints which I still believe are legit. Now, I have a few reasons.

1. The supports found on site have the same code as on the plans. You can see this in the first two pictures.

2. The footers in the drawing match the ones that are already built.

3. The station and transfer have two parallel rows of supports like any Invert. Wing Riders have supports directly under the track, unlike this whole coaster. You can see this in the last picture

KG71qEQ.jpguntitled2_1.jpgthumb_untitled3_2.jpguntitled_52.jpg

Just sayin.. it's an Invert...

• Like 4

Wouldn't putting a coaster that hangs below the track right next to 2 others that hang below the track be kinda redundant?

:P

Diamondback, Vortex, The Beast, The Racer and Stunt Coaster all have their trains on top of the track. Is that also redundant?

• Like 7

Thanks for the KIC props, guys. :)

Can you translate the other epitaphs, please? I'd love to hear what they have to say.

A Sturn Combs

Not all is as it seems

Molann MacAuley

The work praises the man.

Rough english equivalant: anything worth doing is worth doing well.

O’Terpy

There is no place like home

O’Suhr

It is the wedge itself that splits the oak.

Stengel

A gihra (listed on stone like a first name, is likely a term of endearment.. not 100%).

The quiet are guilty

O’Donoghue

Nothing without effort (no pain no gain)

-Closest I can come with a little google, old text books, and a dad... after a few drinks even.

Werner Stengel Son of Beast Engineer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Stengel

Not sure if this was posted, one of the names on the tombstones.

• Like 2

Canada's Wonderland has a coaster named The Bat.

Canada's Wonderland is in Canada.

Does that mean California's Great America is in California, too? Or is it really in Illinois?

Well, Canada is a different country and have different trademark laws.

Ok new speculation, though it has probably been mentioned before.

The Celtic theming and Banshee is all a diversion and could be the new attraction at CP for 2014 or a hint at a future KI coaster BUT plays into The Bat bc bats are viewed typically as creepy and have been known to hang around cemeteries :)

That's my thought.