Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Going to take the whole capacity down a notch I see. Wild Eagle has 2 trains, but only enough room to put 1 train in the train barn.

Gatekeeper has enough space for 3 trains, but only has 2 bays.

KI2014 footers suggest there is room for 3 inverted or other trains in the maintenance shed, HOWEVER, 3 wing trains will not fit in that space.

I do believe that 3 or 4 mini dive trains (Krake) would fit in there.

I am still not convinced.

I did point out the wide vertical loop which would be room for a dive machine or a wing coaster train. I still want a dive machine. LOVE hanging over the edge right before the drop!

Let's face it, Ohio has just about every style of coaster EXCEPT a dive machine.

floorless coaster too

OOH I just thought of something!!! In one of the pics I took at CSF yesterday someone on here pointed out a black track piece in the back! Well The Bat was shown to have black track!!!

Something to think about :) could mean nothing, could mean something. Lemme get online and I will post the pic again :)

Don is loving this right now. Nothings better than celebrating a successful promotion than by having a little fun just before it. He throws out the bait, and everyone keeps biting. I haven't seen anything promoted so successfully. Good job Don!

• Like 2

OOH I just thought of something!!! In one of the pics I took at CSF yesterday someone on here pointed out a black track piece in the back! Well The Bat was shown to have black track!!!

Something to think about :) could mean nothing, could mean something. Lemme get online and I will post the pic again :)

Wouldn't surprise me if the 2014 website was put together today and the black track was a result of the picture of black track posted here.

• Like 4

This is one of the most clever diversions I've ever seen! Although there was this "leak" I am still convinced this is an Invert. My proof is the blueprints which I still believe are legit. Now, I have a few reasons.

1. The supports found on site have the same code as on the plans. You can see this in the first two pictures.

2. The footers in the drawing match the ones that are already built.

3. The station and transfer have two parallel rows of supports like any Invert. Wing Riders have supports directly under the track, unlike this whole coaster. You can see this in the last picture

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You might want to look at Gatekeeper a little closer

So is "wing it" a reference to us, or is it a real hint?

Three months ago, I would have doubted VERY much that it was a nod to us. With recent trends in Don's behavior, I'd say it's quite possible that he's trying to stir the metaphorical KICentral pot.

He's probably sitting at home, popcorn in hand, refreshing this thread every couple of minutes for sheer entertainment.

• Like 5

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Who remembers The Bat? Wish I could ride The Bat again. The Bat was so much fun!</p>— Kings Island (@KingsIslandPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/statuses/361536368184279041">July 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And now the "fake/not fake" tease of The Bat rides again and "wing it" on Thursday.....they really put some thought into this diversion....or has to much been said....find out Thursday....

Long time reader, first time poster. I've been reading this thread for days....

Last year on pointbuzz, during the height of the speculation, less than 3 days before the 2013 CP announcement, I and others found a similar page on CP's website showing Gatekeeper with similar FPO, latin words, etc. -- I, as well as others posted a screenshot and the secret was out.There was so much speculation about why CP would put so much effort into the Gatekeeper pages, everyone including myself, believed there was no other option for it to be true. (Which it obviously turned out to be)

To be honest, it kind of ruined the fun. So much so, that I was at the park the day of the announcement and didn't even attend.

Fast forward to 2014 and the whole Bat vs Banshee debate. My hat is off to whoever thought up the idea to put the pages with The Bat out there.

In this case, the enthusiast community had largely settled on an Invert called Banshee, so what better way to throw them off than to have two competing clues that both seem extremely likely to be true.

Don deserves a raise if he is behind this Banshee / Bat thing.

This year, I won't be blowing off the announcement. Well Done.

• Like 10