Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Perhaps this was a means to stir the pot and AVOID a Gatekeeper-like fiasco. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we're getting an Invert named Banshee that follows the infamous blueprints.

Maybe Don feared we had settled too comfortably on the correct (by the assumptions made in this scenario) identity of the ride, and so, to hype it up more and AVOID what CP had happen last year, he threw a curveball so that we'd be more encouraged to come to the announcement Thursday.

By that logic, throwing together a logo and (very) simple dummy webpage actually seems like a VERY good use of his/someone in the PR department's time.

Well played, Don. Well played indeed.

• Like 8

^ I agree - compared to Gatekeeper last year, KI has done a good job of keeping this a secret, and stumping us a few days prior to the announcement.

KI has been stumping us since the beginning.... Not just a few days prior to the announcement.

• Like 6

Perhaps this was a means to stir the pot and AVOID a Gatekeeper-like fiasco. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we're getting an Invert named Banshee that follows the infamous blueprints.

Maybe Don feared we had settled too comfortably on the correct (by the assumptions made in this scenario) identity of the ride, and so, to hype it up more and AVOID what CP had happen last year, he threw a curveball so that we'd be more encouraged to come to the announcement Thursday.

By that logic, throwing together a logo and (very) simple dummy webpage actually seems like a VERY good use of his/someone in the PR department's time.

Well played, Don. Well played indeed.

Couldn't agree more. I mean, if the cat in the bag got out and it was The Bat well much people wouldn't come if that was comfimed. So I could see a curve-ball coming our way!

What? I find this to good to be true. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe were getting a Wing coaster.

If what was "accidentally" put on the main website real then we maybe getting a winger if no they're messing with out minds. :P

I don't know what to think anymore. Invert, Dive machine, WingRider, whatever the case. It better be worth all the hype.

• Like 1

What? I find this to good to be true. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe were getting a Wing coaster.

If what was "accidentally" put on the main website real then we maybe getting a winger if no they're messing with out minds. :P

I don't know what to think anymore. Invert, Dive machine, WingRider, whatever the case. It better be worth all the hype.

Most definitely, thus we must be patient! I for one am not going to get my hopes up to much. If it's The Bat well good if it's the Banshee then good. If it's Bed,Bath and Beyond then good. Okay maybe no unless there is a bed then I am going to be on it after this post. :P All I can say is The people behind the doors at King's Island are doing a great job on bring this Roller coaster to us and quite in a rather good time frame. 2014,will be a new year I tame a new coaster!

I'm now being called The Bat?

I'm imagining that you are saying this in a Hank Venture voice.

I'm not hep on "The Bat riding again." A wing coaster cannot bring back the exact nature of the defunct Bat from long ago.

What about a invert named bat.......

• Like 1

Like others on the thread, I'm just having trouble believing that were getting a Wing coaster. I'm still not 100% convinced its an invert. Don has played an epic game of Clue with us since the beginning. So if its a Floorless, Standup, Dive, Invert, or a WingRider, I for one have had a blast on this thread. I'm looking forward to queuing whatever the attraction is.

• Like 4

Long time lurker. First time poster. With all the talk of trespassing at Clermont Steel, my girlfriend and I decided to take a joy ride and take some pictures of the park and Clermont Steel. A few of the highlights are below. Click the link to see all the rest. Not much new happening outside. No laws were broken in the taking of these pictures! ;)

P.S. I know... My girlfriend needs to work on her photography skills. I was busy flying the plane...

http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/cornholeworldwide/slideshow/Kings%20Island%20and%20Clermont%20Steel%20August%205th

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Sweet photos!!!

I love how no one has noticed the green pieces of track at the way back of CSF (I'm not talking about the single piece of green track). ;)

That doesn't look all too much like track. I can tell because of the pixels.

That is defiantly track.

I just read the rest of the pages, and learned about the KI website/wing coaster thing, and all I can say is I'm done with this whole mess. If it really is a wing coaster, I'm cool with that. I'd rather see that as opposed to a giga coaster. If It's an invert, I'm all for it. If it's Little Mary Sunshine's Pink Teacups on a track, then so be it. Bottom line is I'm not sure what to think or believe, and I feel a bit stupid about all the stuff I've said in this thread up to now...which basically amounts to crap and makes me feel like an even bigger imbecile than I already knew I was. So even though it's nothing personal against anyone in here, I really don't believe anyone or anything about this ride anymore. Everything will come out Thursday, and then that will be that.

G'night, everybody. This groundhog is going back into his hole and will be lurking until Friday morning.

P.S....By the way, I just want to encourage everyone to dismiss anything and everything I've said previously here in this thread. I can't go back and delete all the stuff I've posted, but I've just come to realize I really don't know crap. I completely apologize to any and all that I may have irked or otherwise insulted in any way. If I discredited your ideas, please forgive me. If I bashed you in any way, I'm sorry.

• Like 3

I love how no one has noticed the green pieces of track at the way back of CSF (I'm not talking about the single piece of green track). ;)

That doesn't look all too much like track. I can tell because of the pixels.

That is defiantly track.

How can you tell? The resolution is a bit too low for me to discern anything other than a few green lines.

^You can see the part where the support would be attached in the top right track piece. One the track piece below it, you can see the rails.

EDIT: There is a video on Youtube that shows the exact same track from 2012. I will not post it here for obvious reasons.

Edited by Dom497

I'm on #TeamBat

I just love the premise...and love the color scheme....(if those are even the colors) That could just be...because Halloween is approaching (Sort of)

Just hearing 'fear' on un-educated people's voices when they still talk about how the 'Bat killed people' just gets me excited!

That being said...who knows what is what...

I do however remember that Jabroni who looked at the Blueprints for the Local News...predicting that it was a 'Winged Coaster' correct?

All just gives me a headache and makes me shake my head. Cya Tuesday KI!