Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Hmm...I think I may have just noticed something on that leaked Bat page no one else did...it says the ride will open April 27th, 2014...guess what? That's a SUNDAY.

Has Kings Island ever opened on a SUNDAY? I don't think so...and why does the page just say 2014 in the website location instead of the ride name?

Hmm...yeah, I'm thinking this may well have been a DIVERsion now...

I did love The Bat logo though. Perhaps they are teasing us with what they may have in mind for our next coaster after this one, to gauge our interest levels, aka "see how we respond to it?"...?

This Kings Island PR. It be full of win. B)

Not to mention that the website with the 2014 address was the exact one that was debated on earlier in this forum when it went all IT Geek for about 3 pages over where what HTML and URL pointed to and redirected to where.

• Like 1

Is it my browser or were the replies/comments to one of the last tweets deleted.

The 'not sure if I should take some notes or wing it' tweet had 2-3 replies stating 'nice diversion Don' etc...

Now, I dont see them...is it my browser? Its showing comments for other posts.

CSF is bustling with activity this morning. There's at least 3 flatbed trailers parked in the front with a lot of blue supports, and at least one piece of what appears to be inverted transfer track behind the hill with the CSF sign on it.

What color was the track?
  • Like 1

Not to mention that the website with the 2014 address was the exact one that was debated on earlier in this forum when it went all IT Geek for about 3 pages over where what HTML and URL pointed to and redirected to where.

And what exactly is wrong with it going all IT Geek for a few posts/pages? :P

• Like 2

I can see Don's fun with making hints as well allusions. I as well play in this magical realm occasionally with future trip plans and I amsurprised ye didn't go all over that. Anyways, I may not even be at the park for the event now, but I have other things in store. I wonder if I could be more mysterious than PR? (BB1, who knows Don is way better than himself in Public Relations and mystery making, keep up the good work!)

Hmm...I think I may have just noticed something on that leaked Bat page no one else did...it says the ride will open April 27th, 2014...guess what? That's a SUNDAY.

Has Kings Island ever opened on a SUNDAY? I don't think so...and why does the page just say 2014 in the website location instead of the ride name?

Hmm...yeah, I'm thinking this may well have been a DIVERsion now...

I did love The Bat logo though. Perhaps they are teasing us with what they may have in mind for our next coaster after this one, to gauge our interest levels, aka "see how we respond to it?"...?

This Kings Island PR. It be full of win. B)

HA! I knew I was right! (The Banshee URL is still giving a 404...but no more URL talk...don't need to confuse everyone again! :) )

Just want to brag for ONE post....no more bragging. :)

CSF is bustling with activity this morning. There's at least 3 flatbed trailers parked in the front with a lot of blue supports, and at least one piece of what appears to be inverted transfer track behind the hill with the CSF sign on it.

What color was the track?
Blue. I think it's the same piece from the blurry pic that was posted several pages back, but I should point out that I only saw the top of it. Where it would connect with the support. It did resemble the photos of invert transfer track that were posted shortly after the previously mentioned photo. It also looked like a lighter shade of blue.
  • Like 1

Some of you don't understand PR/marketing. I truly do not think Don is tweeting to directly throw off KIC members. Not at all. You must understand, he's tweeting to everybody...casual fans and park guest, other parks management (I'm sure they're excited as well), news/media outlets, enthusiasts and the like...It's not just for KIC. Good marketing covers all your bases.

So, with that conclusion...I believe Don is being very CLEAR in his post. This is without a doubt a wing coaster. The point of hinting "wing it" in a tweet should be extremely obvious to enthusiasts and KIC members...but the general public may not "get it". Any tease/hint worth doing must be able to be solved by the general public. I believe that's who it's intended for. I highly doubt the park is even thinking of KIC at the moment when it comes to teases, marketing, etc. etc.

Marketing 101 people...the casual shopper pays the bills, market accordingly.

The only questions left answering should be the name of the ride, the colors, the specs, the layout, the records it will break, etc. But this is a wing coaster, Don has made that clear.

-T. Forsaken

• Like 2

STOP! DECODING IN PROCESS:

Ok.... I thought I would shine a little light on this "website" subject. I am a Graphic Designer, as well as a Web Designer/Developer so I thought maybe I could try to decode some of this for everyone.

^This, in its entirety, is fake. The train on the track is Gatekeeper just colored in orange, Photoshop anyone? Look at the front of the train, it is identical to the front end of Gatekeeper. The Bat logo is something a Graphic Designer created. Could it be for the ride? Maybe. That, although debatable among many so far, would take a considerable amount of time to create. No where do I mean a long time, but it would take quite a few hours to make just to have it up for only a few hours, or however long this part of the site was up. The background of the logo is, however, Gatekeeper again. Ill leave it at that. Could the statistics be correct? Possibly. Many have asked what the "Lorem ipsum dolor sir amet, in has persius......" etc is. Well that is simply filler text. Web design programs, such as Dreamweaver, have a simple command where you can insert filler text into an area. This is typically done in the design faze to make sure the website is working correctly and the pictures/images show up as wanted. That is all this is. This is going to be the new coaster page, but the things that are on there now are just for fooling us and getting things stirred up - IMO.

*I wish I would of saw this when it was up, I would of liked to get into the heart of the page, ie. view the source code of the page. I could of read through a page or 2 of code and saw if there were any hidden things inside the code that would point to one thing or another. Don, if you would be so kind (batty eyes an all - see what I did there) would you please put it back up for an hour for one web developer/designer :P

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, et nam possit labitur veritus, novum quaestio te mei. Vis in mazim viderer, no posse ludus nam. No recteque mnesarchum quo, his eirmod insolens constituam ut. Iracundia referrentur theophrastus in eum, ex autem nullam disputando eum, his nibh percipitur ei. Has no vide maluisset assentior.??? huh?

​Sorry Double post. :(

It is important to be able to and he falls for fear lest, a new you of my question. Force in mazim seemed not to be able to play for. No mnesarchum which is good cause, these unusual, to throw. Theophrastus anger back at him, but no discussion of it, these labels is perceived him. Has made would have preferred to see, I agree

Again, this is simply filler text like I stated above.

That's a pretty cool logo though.

This logo is really cool, I do like it. It makes you wonder if The Bat will actually be the name and they just threw in filler images for the background. hmmm

• Like 8

I'm seriously surprised that it seems to be the common consensus that The Bat logo is cool. I think the logo (and the website) look rushed and amateurish. The logo looks more like one for a softball team than a modern coaster, created in a couple of hours in Adobe Illustrator. It's one of the main reasons I think the whole Bat thing is a ruse.

• Like 4

I learned how to make a logo similar to "The Bat" in Grade 10 Communications Technology with Illustrator......it took about 30 minutes to make and was pretty easy....for a person working at KI, I wouldn't be suprised if it took them 10 minutes.

Newbie again...can someone tell me what "CSF" is?

Clearmont Steel Fabricators....the place that manufactures most of B&M's roller coasters.

Some of you don't understand PR/marketing. I truly do not think Don is tweeting to directly throw off KIC members. Not at all. You must understand, he's tweeting to everybody...casual fans and park guest, other parks management (I'm sure they're excited as well), news/media outlets, enthusiasts and the like...It's not just for KIC. Good marketing covers all your bases.

So, with that conclusion...I believe Don is being very CLEAR in his post. This is without a doubt a wing coaster. The point of hinting "wing it" in a tweet should be extremely obvious to enthusiasts and KIC members...but the general public may not "get it". Any tease/hint worth doing must be able to be solved by the general public. I believe that's who it's intended for. I highly doubt the park is even thinking of KIC at the moment when it comes to teases, marketing, etc. etc.

The only questions left answering should be the name of the ride, the colors, the specs, the layout, the records it will break, etc. But this is a wing coaster, Don has made that clear.

-T. Forsaken

Really...a Wing Coaster? That means something isn't right with the blueprints...

• Like 2

It stands for Clermont Steel Fabrication. It is the location where B&M (the likely manufacturer of our new coaster) has their products made.

Edit: Got beat to the punch by Dom497

• Like 2

I learned how to make a logo similar to "The Bat" in Grade 10 Communications Technology with Illustrator......it took about 30 minutes to make and was pretty easy....for a person working at KI, I wouldn't be suprised if it took them 10 minutes.

Clearmont Steel Fabricators....the place that manufactures most of B&M's roller coasters.

-T. Forsaken

Really...a Wing Coaster? That means something isn't right with the blueprints...

Right. A wing coaster. Did you consider that the blueprints are false? They also do match up with some footers on Gatekeeper, as far as size and spacing are concerned.

-T. Forsaken

-T. Forsaken

Right. A wing coaster. Did you consider that the blueprints are false? They also do match up with some footers on Gatekeeper, as far as size and spacing are concerned.

-T. Forsaken

Dual footers do NOT say wing coaster.

• Like 1

If you think Don doesn't tweet or say things directly to kic you're crazy. How about the O'Terpy gravestone, is that marketing 101 to the general public. Plus for all our sakes I would hope Don is at least at the 300 level of marketing classes

• Like 7

-T. Forsaken

Uhhh the park has gravestones with kic members names on them at the construction site. They went to the trouble to have a gravestone made up to mess with this board but you think they wouldn't make a tweet to mess with this board? How about all of the direct references to kic posts in the tweets? The point of saying "wing it" was directly to throw off enthusiasts as the casual person would think he's referring to doing his speech with no notes.

That and the ride is clearly an invert....

• Like 5

I learned how to make a logo similar to "The Bat" in Grade 10 Communications Technology with

-T. Forsaken

So the blueprints are fake and the tweets are fact?

And Gatekeeper doesn't have dual footers at its station...

It's an invert

• Like 1

PR/marketing is for the general public.

PR tweet "wing it" that the general public may not get.

Tease/hint must be able to be solved by the general public.

Believes the tweet is PR/marketing hint for the general public.

Wut??

• Like 1