Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I will take Bizarro, I-305, or El Toro any time. Leviathan is also very, very good. Skyrush has one of the best air time on any coaster but the restraint systems are badly designed.

@Youngstud - Drop of Doom is worth the trip to SFMM. I rode it 6 times last year. As most of you know, I am a Drop Tower Junky. By the end of this year, I will have been on the ride over 8000 times.... :blink::ph34r: X2 and Tatsu are quite good. Superman? Not so much. Riddler's Revenge is the best stand up I have been on.

^Sounds about right IMO (200ft on 0 degree angle, make it 35 degrees, and you get another 40ish feet.)

EDIT: I think you may have got the lenght of the lift, not height; let me go grab a calculator. :P

Also, anyone notice how the trains look in the blueprint? Could it be v-style seating (like DB and Behemoth) or is just the coverings that usually go around the wheels on B&M inverts?

I can't tell from the close up detailed station and queue picture, but is the station ground level or up high?

I would assume the station would be closer to ground level as it's already on a hill so the train is going to have to have enough speed to end the ride several feet higher than its lowest position.

If the "new" blueprint of the station is correct...this is without a doubt an invert. Needless to say I'm highly disappointed. KI already has two inverts and a suspended...I could kinda throw Firehawk in that mix as well. Does KI really need this type of "fad" coaster? IDK...I would have LOVED to seen a wing or a dive machine. Oh well, maybe the new Action Zone could be called "Track over your head land".

Just another ride I won't be riding.

-T. Forsaken.

• Like 2

I didn't finish my problem, I took my lengths and just Pythagorean therom'd it. I edited my answer.

Now I'm turning into a math geek but whatever....Did you guess the hypotenuse and opposite side or we know those numbers 100%?

• Like 1

FWIW, at the end of the night, there was an employee carrying a large bag full of stuffed animals from over by The Beast (I'll assume they were stored in the Crypt building) to I assume the games in that area. What that has to do w/ that truck driving in the background, I have no clue.

As far as the hint knowing when a shipment is made based upon the weight, I don't know shipping rules, but there is no weigh stationg b/w CSF and KI. Would someone still be able to track a truck if it didn't have to stop at a weigh station?

JRBirdy, we showed up at the park around 7:00 last night, the parking lot looked pretty buys, but other than The Beast right before fireworks, The Racers, drop zone, Adventure Express, boo blasters, flight deck and the zephyr were all walk ons.

If the "new" blueprint of the station is correct...this is without a doubt an invert. Needless to say I'm highly disappointed. KI already has two inverts and a suspended...I could kinda throw Firehawk in that mix as well. Does KI really need this type of "fad" coaster? IDK...I would have LOVED to seen a wing or a dive machine. Oh well, maybe the new Action Zone could be called "Track over your head land".

-T. Forsaken.

Sweet one less person standing in my way!

• Like 13

I didn't finish my problem, I took my lengths and just Pythagorean therom'd it. I edited my answer.

Now I'm turning into a math geek but whatever....Did you guess the hypotenuse and opposite side or we know those numbers 100%?

We know (allegedly) the length (horizontally) of the lift hill. If you guess at the lift angle, you can figure out both the hypotenuse and the overall height. However, other than traditional lift angles, I don't think there is anything that specifically calls out or points you in the direction of the elevation of this ride. Well nothing other than "The Bat" release on the KIs website, if you take that as truth.

Just thought I would chime in here....

So I ordered tickets for a friend at work. After I got the ticket email I got a separate email that had this....

photo-90.jpg

Mind you nothing in the context of the email mentioned anything about a new ride. I found it funny that the email said "Spoiler Alert" and then shows an Inverted coaster. Another mind game.....

• Like 4

Another innovation from Intamin:

Well, add that to the list of rides I will never go on!!!! That terrifies me. I hate Drop Tower enough I would never go on one that tilted me to face the ground!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say I would love to ride that ride. Drop Towers haven't really innovated much for quite some time, this is a whole new thrill. Def. going to be an attraction of the year that I'm going to hate that I'll miss out on.

All this workup and watching 2014 rides...won't be on anything for four years...lol

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-T. Forsaken.

Sweet one less person standing in my way!

Great minds think alike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1