Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Maybe I'm just dumb but if the lift hill is only 200 feet long wouldn't it have to go straight up for it to reach 200 feet in the air?

the lift hill isn't 200 feet long, the ground beneath it is what is measured at 200 feet. It will be on an incline, thus longer depending on the angle of ascent.

Yeah it's like raptors setup for those familiar with CP than WOF. The thing is that where the control booth is with the lift hill, you see a good bit of the lift, then you can rely on cameras for lift crest. The blueprint looks like it has a smaller angle at least to me, but like I said, once we get details tomorrow I'll think more into it.

BTW!! Looking at Blueprint...another thing. Notice after station drop off there seems to be a walkway to go to the lift and take stairs up. On inverts there is nothing until you get to the base of the lift (take stairs at base, then walk up the lift)...

Hmmmmmmmm

Ugh...I can't wait till tomorrow when I can put this all to rest

• Like 1

I think they will be here where I circled. I also spy a single rider line. Or what I think might be one.stairs_zps57150a5c.jpg

And from the blueprints, you can also see doors that you will have to open to get inside. Hopefully this means a lot of themeing. (You also can see an exit door.

Just hard to make sense of it. I'm curious why it's all blacked out and doesn't have the individual steps drawn, unless it was a ramp I wish there were steps because then I could figure out station height.

Its "blackend" or "thickened" up as you say, because that is the background information for that particular drawing. The intent of that particular drawing is to show the items labeled T-TA-3, and P-19F. Dollar to a donut says this is a site utility plan. The T-TA-3 that is being relocated is probably a transformer, the P-19-F is probably a pull station, the darkened lines running b/w the 2 items, then down the page is probably electrical conduit. It could be storm drainage as well, or perhaps even another utility. Anyhoo, lets just assume its electrical stuff, doesn't exactly matter to your question. The guy designing the electrical stuff is in no way, shape or form responsible for the stairs, que lines or station. He shows that on his plans as a point of reference, but they intended not to stand out b/c the people installing the electric off of that particular plan are only considered about their job, not what the carpenter or steel erector need to do.

This is the kind of detail I was expecting from the youtube guy's video, but you explained why it wouldn't have the detail very well. Since I have no background with blueprints I just imagined they would all look like the photo above, but different contractors depending on their line of work will have more detail on what they are doing....After this pic / your explanation I'm starting to think the leaked blueprints on youtube are probably real and agree with others that this will be a 200' tall invert.

Yeah it's like raptors setup for those familiar with CP than WOF. The thing is that where the control booth is with the lift hill, you see a good bit of the lift, then you can rely on cameras for lift crest. The blueprint looks like it has a smaller angle at least to me, but like I said, once we get details tomorrow I'll think more into it.

BTW!! Looking at Blueprint...another thing. Notice after station drop off there seems to be a walkway to go to the lift and take stairs up. On inverts there is nothing until you get to the base of the lift (take stairs at base, then walk up the lift)...

Hmmmmmmmm

See Patriot again. The base to walk up the lift comes directly from the station to the lift.

mkjbicg6g7kfocli00336c.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm

See Patriot again. The base to walk up the lift comes directly from the station to the lift.

mkjbicg6g7kfocli00336c.jpg

This is also true for Silver Bullet, but neither of them feature as large of a turn as the blueprints for our coaster suggest...
  • Like 1

Hmmmmmmmm

This is also true for Silver Bullet...

Actually I just went through a whole bunch of invert POV's and the only inverts I can find that don't start out this way are ones that start off close to ground level. With the exception of Raptor.

I think Montu is fairly close to ground level. There used to be live gators right when you exited the station. And Nemesis Inferno has quite a long way between its station and its lift hill.

I thought you were just listing the coasters that have any sorta pre-lift track that's not flat

Oh no I was listing the ones that don't have a walkway from the station to the lift. Which pretty much are the ones that don't stay flat lol. But I was more or less trying to say if these blueprints are correct this coaster wont have a pre drop and the lift will start at the same height as the station.

I think Montu is fairly close to ground level. There used to be live gators right when you exited the station. And Nemesis Inferno has quite a long way between its station and its lift hill.

Crocodiles, but I'm nitpicking. :)

• Like 3

Oh no I was listing the ones that don't have a walkway from the station to the lift. Which pretty much are the ones that don't stay flat lol. But I was more or less trying to say if these blueprints are correct this coaster wont have a pre drop and the lift will start at the same height as the station.

Oh ok. Yeah I agree that it will start at the same height. But I find it pointless for people to argue about the height of this coaster when there's no accurate way to tell right now. It is much easier to just wait a day and see what it's actual statistics are. I have no doubt that this will be the tallest/fastest Invert in the world (or at least that's what they'll claim if it's shorter than WT). I'm interested to see what they'll announce regardless. I just wish my home park, Knott's would finally get a thrilling coaster... (Silver Bullet was in '04, yeah, 10 years ago...)

Knotts is so landlocked. It's so weird when I go and visit knotts and I can jog around the park on city sidewalks.

Yeah it is, I guess I'm used to it. I went there on Friday and got 9 rides on Xcelerator... that ride kicks serious butt! But yeah I was thinking, I really hope this Invert is better than Silver Bullet. I mean SB isn't bad persay, its just the first drop sucks and it lack intensity until the helix at the end. Overall that coaster doesn't hold a candle to Xcel.

In terms of expanding, they could take out Boomerang and the sky tower and put a coaster there!

Edited by Avatar
language

I just wish my home park, Knott's would finally get a thrilling coaster... (Silver Bullet was in '04, yeah, 10 years ago...)

What do you mean? How about Sierra Sidewinder and Pony Express? :P:ph34r::rolleyes:

Yeah, Pony Express sucks, haha and Sierra Sidewinder is ok. If we got an Intamin Giga (and they brought GhostRider back to it's original glory), our park would dominate. We already have the whole family aspect of the park down, we're so close to rounding out the coaster collection.

Knotts is so landlocked. It's so weird when I go and visit knotts and I can jog around the park on city sidewalks.

Yeah it is, I guess I'm used to it. I went there on Friday and got 9 rides on Xcelerator... that ride kicks serious a**! But yeah I was thinking, I really hope this Invert is better than Silver Bullet. I mean SB isn't bad persay, its just the first drop sucks and it lack intensity until the helix at the end. Overall that coaster doesn't hold a candle to Xcel.

In terms of expanding, they could take out Boomerang and the sky tower and put a coaster there!

The day Ghostrider gets the I box conversion or topper Track Knotts will be the place to be for enthusiasts