Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Does anyone know if it is storming up in mason because if it is I find it very ironic that something new is to be announced on the site where a former coaster rose and ultimately met its doom. Perfect setting for the announcement I think

Well on July 31st, KIC tweeted: "It will happen on a cold, dark, and stormy night...."

Either someone is a very good weather person or they have some kind of crystal ball :)

• Like 1

I know there is zero chance of this happening but can you imagine if they got the rights to "The Walking Dead" and had a stand up coaster named "The Walking Dead"? I guess to be properly themed it'd need to max out at 5 mph hahaha

On a serious note I wonder if the whole area will be re-themed to something like "Fright Zone" or "King's Grave Yard" etc. You've already got a ride named Delerium, Invertigo, and a new haunted ride. The rest could be renamed to match the area.

Does anyone know if it is storming up in mason because if it is I find it very ironic that something new is to be announced on the site where a former coaster rose and ultimately met its doom. Perfect setting for the announcement I think

Well on July 31st, KIC tweeted: "It will happen on a cold, dark, and stormy night...."

Either someone is a very good weather person or they have some kind of crystal ball :)

Except for the fact it is very very hot and humid

I live in Mason and it is thunder storming right now. Honestly, I was hoping for a 300+ ride but will be happy as long as its really cool. :)

This is my first post on KIC, although I have been reading awhile. Im a roller coaster lover, can't read blue prints, but did work at KI through my teen years back in the late 90's. And I drag my family to KI a few times a week still. :)

• Like 3

well a fairly simple coaster in todays world. Not even a new design.

in years past they never announced a new coaster till spring, just recently with all the new ways to "tweet" ,was there a sense to have an early announcment.

They did'nt pour footers for Gatekeeper till sept. 2012.

I think they are starting so early just for the hype.

They've made plenty of announcements the year before in the past. At KI alone I can clearly remember DB & SOB being announced the year before, and I believe Italian Job was too.

Back in the day a beige van once drove those roads...lol. memories

That wouldn't be the old beige General Services van, would it? I drove that thing many a time. Memories, indeed!

what will they do with the water ride Frightful Falls?

I don't think Holiday World would like that.

Man, do i hope Kings Island doesn't botch this rollercoaster, if they plan on it being a world record attraction it better take all the invert records with it... Otherwise it would be a massive failure at replacing Son of Beast which took all the wooden coaster records when it was around....

Not all. Longest wooden coaster still belongs to SOB's daddy, and did even when SOB was still a newborn.

Counting down the time to when I will be released from work and on my way to the park! Should be there in about 3 hours and 22 minutes...

My memory tells me that the "boats" for white water canyon were on display at winter fest the season prior (right up by the front gate), or perhaps the end of the season.

I think the same from King Cobra, but I could be wrong, I was fairly young at the time. Announcing large attractions towards the end of the season, right before season passes go on sale is nothing new.

• Like 2

three words- floorless standup coaster

Would that be a ride designed by women, for women? As a man, I know I ain't getting on no flooress standup coaster.

Back in the day when women commonly wore dresses, no dame would go for it either.

I'm sure there's a few other posters that would remember the blast of air that would shoot from the floor at the exit of a funhouse.

I lurk here all the time, mostly b/c I don't pretend to know a lot about roller coasters, besides stats of a few, so I usually have nothing to add. However, I have a very distinct memory of being at Winterfest in the early 90's (I believe it was the year I was 11, so probably 1992) and there was a small replica of Top Gun, just inside the entrance where the wall pf brochures are now. I remember being in awe at the time, as I'd never seen anything like it before.

However, just because things may have been on display at the end of the season or at Winterfest, does that mean they couldn't have been announced earlier in the year?

• Like 1

Welcome Momma,

If it was the winter of 92 and Top gun opened in 93, they probably announced the ride before Winterfest. The replica would be there to generate sales for season passes for the next season.

Back on the announcement day of Italian job, as soon as you walked in there was two or three mini coopers in front of the fountains.

• Like 4