Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

You only get one first post, so I'm going to make mine freaking insane.

Let's say, just for fun, we get a B&M Giga. B&M's all seem to follow similar storylines, lots of airtime and fun in the first half, then the midcourse brakes, and then a lackluster finale. They're always a bit boring in the second half. I have a solution to fix this problem: Make the last bit of the coaster out of wood.

Think about it... Diamondback for the first half, The Beast for the finale. It would be the first of it's kind, it would get King's Island back to it's old ways of creating outside-of-the-box rides, and it would be a great way to pay homage to the monster that previously stood in it's place.

Will never, ever, ever, EVER happen. But wouldn't it be cool if it did?

• Like 4

Don has said that over, and over, and over...

Yet, you still get those who insist differently. Just in looking at the overhead photos, and the design of other B&M coasters, there is no way to use the existing station.

When you think logically about it, lay of the land aside, there is no exit for that station into a gift shop, which is how it is done in 2013.

But, sometimes folks want to be contrarians just to be contrarians.

• Like 6

I was out of town all week. My perfect timing I guess! I'm pretty sure Don didn't know we were getting a coaster(if we are, I haven't read anything but the two above posts!) at the time he told me we wouldn't for a few years. I enjoy sarcasm so let me just say if we do get a coaster it will be the best lie I ever heard!

• Like 5

I was out of town all week. My perfect timing I guess! I'm pretty sure Don didn't know we were getting a coaster(if we are, I haven't read anything but the two above posts!) at the time he told me we wouldn't for a few years. I enjoy sarcasm so let me just say if we do get a coaster it will be the best lie I ever heard!

To save you a LOT of reading, we still don't know if we're getting a coaster, but there are pages and pages of speculation. Welcome back!

• Like 4

Anyone else have the thought that the water tower was removed to allow the presumed coaster to go OVER the center of AZ? (ala Gatekeeper over the entrance to the park). Or was it removed for some other stated reason?

• Like 2

Also whomever posted the comment about survey flags on the hill they are absolutely correct. They are visible from the lift hill on AE if you turn around and check it out as of 5 minutes prior to this post.

• Like 2

Any Haunt maze can be taken down and put up in a different location

Like Flight Commander's que perhaps?

It's a small space, but then again, Club Blood is in a tiny warehouse and yet crams in so many twists and turns. I've enjoyed what the park does when it comes to their layouts for haunted houses in abnormal locations. Although some haunts don't use their locations to their full potential (Cove, CornStalkers, Tombstone, etc.), it's still awesome to see one erected in a place you would never expect one to go (the front of Stunt Crew Grill, the station of Sonny, the Peanuts theater, etc.).

But I'm actually more glad that Wolf Pack/Sonny's station is staying put. It just looks creepy in and of itself just sitting there all alone. Maybe the station will tie in with Project-014=Codenamed: Banshee.

• Like 1

I was going to say that, that looks like the supports for the china coaster but then I realized that, that was a different color so I dont know if it is for a new project. Notice that the bottoms are square.

I'm actually pretty sure the round ends are the bases... Aren't the joints between the supports and the track square on Diamondback?