Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Hi Guys first post been lurking around for a while though :P

Anyways about the Dive hints I wouldn't read to much into it being a Dive machine because a 300+ foot Giga drop could also be considered one heck of a Dive!!!

Also after studing a few B&M coaster supports on RCDB imo I think a Dive Machine and an Inverted coaster can be ruled out those supports at the B&M plant imo they belong to a Wingrider, that one weird shaped support looks just like the ones supporting Gatekeepers helix imo.

2wm3xc5.jpg

• Like 3

Just because you can't post a link doesn't mean you can't have a reliable source.

As a former journalist. If you cant show your sources, then it cant be believed. Covering your source, for legal reasons is one thing. But that usually does not carry any weight. When a source is named, then its believable. Plus a source that leaks info is either not a good source or is trying to gain something.

I do not want to get my source fired. I think that is a good reason to not disclose.
Then he shouldn't have told you in the first place. It was irresponsible for him to tell you and it is irresponsible for you to be leaking the information onto the Internet.
  • Like 13

For people new to KIC: (or anyone who wants to read it)

I've seen a lot of new faces on KIC here recently so I thought i would put this together.

If you are getting upset with the replies your getting to what you've been saying. Don't worry. The community just kind of gives everyone a hard time that is new to the forum.

You must earn the communities trust, it's not that hard here is a couple things that will help get you going.

1. Don't say anything like you know what's going in for 2014, unless you have a true source and can prove it then go right ahead. (No i'm not trying to come across mean either)

2.Put a little time into your posts before you post them, we have a few grammar police that just might go banana's on you. Make sure most/everything you type that needs capitalized, is.

3. It might take a few months for the community to know who you are and ounce that happens, they tend to be a lot nicer and you will get more likes and such.

4. Don't start a "war" with another KIC member.

5. most importantly, have fun! Be yourself! Get to know your fellow KIC members, they may seem mean or scary (cough Terpy cough :rolleyes:) but their all a nice bunch of people!

Any questions about stuff don't be scared to talk to another KIC member, were glad to help!

In other news, when was track being brought in for DB?

So what your saying is there are neurotic people with no life on here with nothing better to do then whine and complain?

In no way at all! I'm just trying to give some tips to help out the new members. I was the new guy ounce, I know how it feels. I have improved many things so I could be taken more seriously. It's not supposed to be offensive it's supposed to be tips or advice to help the new guys. If you don't want to take my advice/tips that fine, do what makes you happy but being on here long enough I know those things don't go down well. ex. no source for info.

This is a broad, made to talk mainly anything related to theme parks. In no way shape or form am I saying people on here are stupid or have no life! Their "complaining" is mainly to help out each other. It's their way of saying, "I got your back".

• Like 1

Just because you can't post a link doesn't mean you can't have a reliable source.

As a former journalist. If you cant show your sources, then it cant be believed. Covering your source, for legal reasons is one thing. But that usually does not carry any weight. When a source is named, then its believable. Plus a source that leaks info is either not a good source or is trying to gain something.

I do not want to get my source fired. I think that is a good reason to not disclose.

I have tried to stay out of this, but I can no longer hold my tongue. Let's be a little clearer: The Terms of Service require that when posting any information claiming to be from a inside source, you must include the name of the source. Period. There is presumably a specific reason for this requirement. You have stated the information, now please name the source as required by the TOS or retract the information so we can move on. Otherwise, I may ask the moderators to take action.[/rant]

• Like 8

For people new to KIC: (or anyone who wants to read it)

I've seen a lot of new faces on KIC here recently so I thought i would put this together.

If you are getting upset with the replies your getting to what you've been saying. Don't worry. The community just kind of gives everyone a hard time that is new to the forum.

You must earn the communities trust, it's not that hard here is a couple things that will help get you going.

1. Don't say anything like you know what's going in for 2014, unless you have a true source and can prove it then go right ahead. (No i'm not trying to come across mean either)

2.Put a little time into your posts before you post them, we have a few grammar police that just might go banana's on you. Make sure most/everything you type that needs capitalized, is.

3. It might take a few months for the community to know who you are and ounce that happens, they tend to be a lot nicer and you will get more likes and such.

4. Don't start a "war" with another KIC member.

5. most importantly, have fun! Be yourself! Get to know your fellow KIC members, they may seem mean or scary (cough Terpy cough :rolleyes:) but their all a nice bunch of people!

Any questions about stuff don't be scared to talk to another KIC member, were glad to help!

In other news, when was track being brought in for DB?

So what your saying is there are neurotic people with no life on here with nothing better to do then whine and complain?

What he is saying is respect of other posters is needed.

If you don't want to get your source fired, the answer is simple: Don't post anything that you can't provide a source for. If your source could get fired for your disclosure of "information" then you shouldn't post the "inside information" or any information that you may know. Unfortunately, if you can't disclose who your source is, you have 0 credibility on any "inside info" that you post here.

• Like 8

We already know that there are no winged coasters on the schedule for CF parks for next year.

That is about the only thing we can truly rule out.

One more thing we can rule out is Kings Island adding a wooden roller coaster that tops out at a height over 200 ft.....

But they'd never do anything like that anyway.....

• Like 7

^^Exactly and that's why I don't believe those supports are heading to KI for 2014 of course I could be very wrong, even if they aren't Wingrider supports I still hope they are not heading to KI I still holding a long hope that what ever KI is getting is an Intamin giga or something mavrickish but much longer!!!

Also thanks for the Welcome TheBeastunchained :D

• Like 2

Hi Guys first post been lurking around for a while though :P

Anyways about the Dive hints I wouldn't read to much into it being a Dive machine because a 300+ foot Giga drop could also be considered one heck of a Dive!!!

Also after studing a few B&M coaster supports on RCDB imo I think a Dive Machine and an Inverted coaster can be ruled out those supports at the B&M plant imo they belong to a Wingrider, that one weird shaped support looks just like the ones supporting Gatekeepers helix imo.

2wm3xc5.jpg

Is there really that much difference between ^this, and this:

3472388340_31444b2d8f.jpg

Because I don't see much difference in the supports at all.

(photo courtesy of www.flickriver.com)

• Like 1

How exactly did you guys pinpoint they are supports just for a wing coaster? I can probably find about any B&M coaster and find similar supports, or even rides from other manufactures.

That's why I stated IMO and that I could be totally wrong after looking through B&M supports on RCDB and the shape of the weird support at the B&M there are only three coasters I found that has that weird shaped support and that's both Gatekeeper and Wild Eagle in the helices and Tatsu has that weird shaped support in the egg turn, since I don't see any other supports around that look like they may be inverted for an invert or flyer I came to the conclusion they were for a Wingrider again I could be wrong ;)

So that track goes with those supports I would assume and if so my thoughts on those being Wingrider supports are correct since the part number on that track starts with WI.

That means KI may not be getting an B&M in 2014 especially if they haven't even started fabricating it especially for a giga, with KI already started ground work that means they will be expecting parts sometime soon that leaves the door open for another manufacturer or am I getting ahead of myself here??? IF the door is open please let it be Intamin :D

We already know that there are no winged coasters on the schedule for CF parks for next year.

That is about the only thing we can truly rule out.

I've got it (again)....a new B&M design....a Half-Winged coaster (one side missing) called Banshee because of the wailing the lady makes from losing one of her wings!

• Like 1

I love reading everyone's ideas from the Crazy to the Man I hope we get that ride.........B&M are Ceder Fair's go to company for coasters right now so I believe that IF it's a coaster it will be a B&M, As to what type well I don't think we will be disappointed. Personally I hope its a Wing coaster or Giga.

• Like 1