Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Looking at this picture, I am worried this "coaster" is going to be small.

2yy9pw1.jpg

Umm...just saying, the clearing behind FOF not related to SOB...pretty sure that's a maintenance road. (Checks Google Maps, which has pre-SOB demolition images)...yep.

A 7,000+ foot long coaster sat in that spot...just saying.

Yep...with a twister-style layout.

I don't think a out-and-back B&M Giga would quite fit there, even with the Thunder Alley spot being used for the station and some of the lifthill...if this is a Giga Coaster, then it is a twister-style layout...which B&M has done on this model before, albeit on a smaller scale, see Raging Bull @ SFGam...and I'd be fine with a Giga Twister since that would, obviously, be different enough from Diamondback. (Note: I know I said that earlier in this thread as well, just re-iterating for anyone who doesn't want to search through 50+ pages of stuff :P )

Picture of Raging Bull...and wow, looks like this style of coaster would fit nicely...

2o4ihm6bk6hm2avo11e001.jpg

I don't know why but I absolutely hate that track layout.

• Like 1

Looking at this picture, I am worried this "coaster" is going to be small.

2yy9pw1.jpg

Umm...just saying, the clearing behind FOF not related to SOB...pretty sure that's a maintenance road. (Checks Google Maps, which has pre-SOB demolition images)...yep.
A 7,000+ foot long coaster sat in that spot...just saying.
Yep...with a twister-style layout.

I don't think a out-and-back B&M Giga would quite fit there, even with the Thunder Alley spot being used for the station and some of the lifthill...if this is a Giga Coaster, then it is a twister-style layout...which B&M has done on this model before, albeit on a smaller scale, see Raging Bull @ SFGam...and I'd be fine with a Giga Twister since that would, obviously, be different enough from Diamondback. (Note: I know I said that earlier in this thread as well, just re-iterating for anyone who doesn't want to search through 50+ pages of stuff :P )

Picture of Raging Bull...and wow, looks like this style of coaster would fit nicely...

2o4ihm6bk6hm2avo11e001.jpg

I don't know why but I absolutely hate that track layout.

I think it looks cool...Raging Bull's layout is unique among B&M Mega coasters, since all the other ones are out-and-backs...heck, most hyper/giga coasters are out-and-backs...however, what I have heard holds Raging Bull back is that it has several trims in the worst places...not the layout itself...

Holy Quote chain Batman!

WHOOPS... :wacko: Didn't even notice...sorry...and, just because I'm in the mood, and SFGam was mentioned recently in this thread...dadadadadadada...

maqpegq6g00kg018002b8o.jpg

BATMAN (THE RIDE)!!! :P (Original color scheme...which The Interpreter said he likes, which is why I used a pic of it.)

Simply put, I think that the best deodorant from the stench that was SOB is a record breaking coaster in it's place. The folks in charge now know what they are doing, unlike previous ownership/administrations.

They have plenty of land. They have plenty of cash. They have a coaster manufacturer that is well equipped to build anything that the customer wants. They have plenty of bad publicity to put in the rear view mirror.

They are going to build what they are going to build...but I don't think for a second it will be anything small, short, or insignificant. Too much is at stake.

The plans are done, folks. Perhaps, as with any building job, an unforseen tweak here or there...

Just a matter of digging, pouring, and putting it together at this point.

• Like 6

Here is what I have found out in the 3 days I went missing:

Everyone talks a lot.

I like a lot of things.

New stuff has showed up .

Old Stuff has showed up.

Sarcasm is still at an all time high.

Tusk - once again, being observant.

• Like 7

Just to clear the air, B&M's spine on the track indeed changes sizes depending on the forces being exerted on it. Don't believe me? Look at the spine on Gatekeeper in the station and compare it to the spine on the first drop

• Like 5

Just to clear the air, B&M's spine on the track indeed changes sizes depending on the forces being exerted on it. Don't believe me? Look at the spine on Gatekeeper in the station and compare it to the spine on the first drop

I realized this after looking further into it.

I can't remember if it was here or on Pointbuzz, but there was someone who did compare the spine sizes from one coaster to the new coaster and they were praised for finding that out. Either way, I could care less, as long as the ride is fun.

• Like 2

Lots of Actvity at the consttuction area today! I will post more details when I can get on a computer!

Dang I was just at the park and didn't even look over there..

Lots of Dirt pushing! I will post some information and some pictures later!

• Like 2

I hope this coaster has inversions!

Granted DB was great without them.

Did Diamondback get inversions this year? :P

THE_BEASTmaster, who just had to.

That all depends if your restraint is loose or tight!

• Like 7

Lots of Actvity at the consttuction area today! I will post more details when I can get on a computer!

Dang I was just at the park and didn't even look over there..

Lots of Dirt pushing! I will post some information and some pictures later!

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

• Like 1

Long time reader, not very much of a poster, with that said. While I like the idea of a Giga, but given the size of the area that's been cleared thus far I will put my $.02 in. I am thinking a floorless. Its something that would be unique to the park and remembering how fond I was of Dominator I think it would be a great addition.

• Like 2

While dive machines are a different design than a typical floorless coaster (like Bizarro and Hydra), they do come with floorless trains now, so technically that'd be kind of getting a 2 for 1 deal there.

Just sayin'.

• Like 3

Took a picture from the Eiffel Tower Not the best but here it is..........Also I see where the possible transfer track will be but as of right now I dont see any for said station, if i am missing something please correct me but I don't see any for the station.

photo f5dece46-f8f9-4fe9-9c2e-aebc2c02259a_zps8083fa06.jpg
  • Like 1